National Motorhomes Reviews

of reviewers recommend National Motorhomes

Tell us how National Motorhomes made you happy
Absolute joke of a company make money from scams, non stop fees that get you because you’ve already payed so much money, two large Motorhomes I hired, dog hairs in bed and wouldn’t give me no money back as it’s a pet friendly company so you have to have dog hairs on your pillow, Barnsley depot is a mess people who work there can’t understand you and is not Evan a propper yard. Anyway after all the fees on top of the total price they will try and do anything not to give your your £1250 Deposit back. Please do not use these ,you will not have a good holiday, pay the extra money somewhere else because you will only get scammed from these!
Hired a motor home end of October 2018 , bit by bit costs were added on to hire, TV licence, extra gas, roadside recovery , insurance , security deposit , kitchen pack, sat nav ,dog £30 from £499 it went to £940 . Early pick up cost , late return cost and then request refused for late pick return. So it was the same as previous review back for 11 and stopped at house to clean it before return , left at 7 am. No problems with motor home as pictures were taken beforehand, returned spotless to Chis at rutherglen depot, who agreed no problems . Security Deposit was to be returned 28 working days (6 weeks). Despite calls/ emails /live chats and reassurances still no deposit returned 27/12/2018 . Taking legal advice at the moment. DO NOT HIRE FROM THIS COMPANY
Cancelled mine straight away after readying the reviews and still waiting for my refund ,,,, endless spam texts ,not a good company !
If I could put less stars I would!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. So many added extras to pay after the initial deposit. Don’t pay them, they are all I caused anyway. Once you’ve committed money you can no longer speak to a person. They took money from deposit for fuel even though it was the correct amount. Deposit only returned after chasing them. It was 28 working days Limit and then took longer to land in my account. Absolute crooks!!!!
If I could award 0 stars I would. And I wish I'd read some of the reviews before booking. Dreadful company. Really aggressive e-mail and text up-selling of absolute basics like levelling chocks and liquid for the chemical toilet. Their website is useless, they want you to enter loads of details pre-hire...but the website won't let you. BEWARE you cannot get a refund more than 24hours after booking. And you can't pick up the van before 3pm....so that's a day wasted.
I cancelled and would never book with these cowboys again.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I cannot warn people sufficiently about this cowboy outfit. They are part of a major chain of companies around Britain that hire out motorhomes. They masquerade under different titles and each of them, receives the same, damning, reviews, from countless people who have been misled by their terms and conditions and have paid the price.

Read everything you can about the following companies, before handing over a penny. Don’t touch them with a barge pole. In fact, hire yourselves a barge, for a week, instead! It will be far more relaxing than dealing with these people.

hirebookingcentre.com
National Motorhomes
Motorholme.co.uk
Unbeatablehire.com

There are more. Make sure none of the ones you consider are, in any way, connected to those above. Read the reviews for each. It will make you re-think your holiday options.
THESE ARE TRASH, SAVE YOUR CASH !

WE LOST OUR DEPOSIT. If you’re thinking of renting from National Motorhomes, or one of their numerous subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, (UNBEATABLEHIRE, HIREBOOKING CENTRE, MOTORHOLME and more) don’t be surprised when the additional charges start adding up. They will turn what you had assumed was a cheap holiday into a very, very, expensive one. By the time you have added up all their deceitful surcharges, for items you would have assumed necessary and essential for travel, you’ll be wanting to cancel. If you do, don’t expect your money back without a fight.

Would you like a proper introduction to your rented motorhome, with an explanation of how everything works? You’ll only get one, if you have purchased their “handover package”.
Expect to watch TV whilst you’re away? PROVE you have a TV licence.
Expect to use their chemical toilet? Not unless you’ve paid for the chemicals.
Want to refill the water tank? You had better have paid to rent the water hose, or brought your own.
Parking a car? Oops! Another many £££s gone.
Motorhome not parked level, so you can get a good night’s sleep? Well you should have paid to hire the levelling chocks.
Want a cup of tea? Check you did remember to buy a gas bottle and that they have supplied the necessary kitchen “accessories” in their “kitchen pack”.

And the list goes on. Don’t even rely on their Insurance Excess Waiver. If there is a loophole, these snakes will wriggle through it.

Or choose another type of holiday, altogether. My advice is to avoid this company and its “cheap” offers, like the plague.
Wanted a quote they sent one then harassed me continually email texts & phone calls I only answered once to tell them they are a two bob company desperate for business...:always stating they can reduce the price...
All seemed OK, but we ended up with a van that wasn't up to spec. While it is the depot you pick the van up from and have the face to face, it is National Motorhomes who take your money and trying to get any level of satisfactory service once they've had your money is a non-starter. Refused to speak on the phone hiding behind "we do emails", as an excuse.
KNOWEPARK CARAVANS LIVINGSTON My Wife and I Popped in to look at used Motorhomes saw one we liked and asked them to look at our van. The owner and another 2 staff looked outside and inside said it was all good. They would be happy to do a deal providing the get a mechanical check on our van. We left it for three weeks and negotiated a trade in price and I left a £500 deposit which i got back 4 days later. . I then took the van back to them after taking all our stuff out and cleaning to be checked. The van i was buying was marked on there website as SOLD. A few days later i got a call from Mr Lang the owner and he said their was a couple of minor things wrong but not a problem but we have over valued your van. They were giving me a £2700 PX and he said it was only worth £16000. To say the least i was disappointed and very angry after me paying a deposit etc. My friend who went along with me the first day was wanting to buy new they never got back to him so he went to another dealer and spent £70K. BEWARE i have 5 other friends with motorhomes and none of us will step foot in the place ever again.
Absolutely appalling company, DO NOT USE!!!

We hired 4 Motorhomes from them and had issues with all of them. We hired for a period of 9 days and had no working toilet, no working fridge, they were dirty, blinds not working, broken handles etc. Trying to speak to customer service is a nightmare as NO ONE returns your calls. In order to get our Motorhome fixed during the hire period we went to the Manchester depot to be told that they were expecting us but couldn’t deal with our issues as they were too busy and it felt like they had taken our money and then didn’t care. Eventually they did come and fix what they could but advised that the toilet was broken prior to us being given the Motorhome and that when we were travelling in rural Scotland to ‘Poo in a Bush’!!! The whole experience from start to finish was a nightmare. I would definitely NOT use them again and can only advise people to do the same. Unless you want issues from start to finish and poor customer service.

Also, be aware of HIDDEN CHARGES. We were not advised about the additional charge for propane gas when it clearly looked like the only option was to have a bigger bottle. They also add on extra insurance costs which puts you in a difficult position where you end up having to pay the company £1,000 extra which we were not expecting.

PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!
Similar experience to Scotsmax. Retained 489 of our 1250 deposit with no explanation. Repeated attempts for explanation (multiple emails, phone calls, online chat) are never responded to. Simply keeping money that they have no right to or explanation for.
Firstly,there was the relentless and costly add-ons for things as basic as sat-navs and the worrying list on things that HAD TO BE DONE before handing back the vehicle, or further penalty payments would be due. When you put together this list with the fact the vehicle had to be back by 11a.m. OR -you've guessed it - penalty payment would be due, the last full day of our trip was clearly going to be spent cleaning!
The pick-up was accompanied by a vehicle orientation input, which was delivered at high speed by someone clearly keen to be somewhere else. The vital significance for you here, is that almost every little bump and scratch is pointed out to you and is registered on their laptops.
I say " almost" because, when we returned another small crack was spotted 10 feet off the ground, at the junction of the side and the roof. It had no obvious sharp edges and looked old. We knew we hadn't caused it and said so. Only to be met with the assertion that if it wasn't ontheir laptop, it had happened while we had the vehicle and, furthermore, it was in an area whereit looked as if acomplete section would need replacing!!
I refused to sign any of their documentation, as i had no intention of accepting blame.
So now I wait, having read the reviws of others, wondering why I didn't do that BEFORE booking with them and so avoiding becoming the same as the poor chap who got less than £2 back out of his £750 deposit, by the time they had helped themselves to their "costs".
READ THEIR REVIEWS! USE YOUR COMMONSENSE! DON'T GO NEAR THEM!
National Motorhomes is rated 1.04 based on 50 reviews