Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
Ocado's strategy for deliveries needs serious reform. M&S ought to terminate their relationship with Ocado! I had a basket full of goods ready for purchase for the last two days, but Ocado only offer three day delivery slots at a time all of which are unavailable! An incredibly poor delivery strategy. Ocado Directors need to be replaced with people who know how to run and grow the logistical delivery side of the business!
Having shopped with Ocado almost problem free for many years I've been very dissatisfied since the Marks and Spencer merger. I have not been able to secure a single suitable booking slot with all shopping basket items available. As I've not even got past the checkout stage I cannot comment on delivery or quality of food. Very frustrating & extremely disappointing so will be shopping elsewhere from now on.
have tried for weeks to get a slot - nothing even shown after January. Impossible and very frustrating and such a waste of time. I feel that M & S must take steps to find another reliable company to deliver their goods. They are missing so much revenue.
I am shocked at the negative reviews here, many written by people who cannot even spell Ocado. After understandable initial hiccoughs when the pandemic first began, they were quick to get their act together and have been a life saver (perhaps literally) this year. The drivers have, without exception, been friendly and helpful and arrive promptly. Customer service have always been good. I have been refunded for any damaged items. Most things are available. Substitutions are sensible and make me try different things. Life is not perfect, things go wrong from time to time. It’s snowing today, my delivery might not arrive tomorrow. It is not the end of the world. I’d rather the driver was safe. Far, far worse things are happening in the world. Get a sense of proportion people.
A customer since 2011 I’ve stuck with Ocado as their delivery drivers are consistently friendly and punctual. Unfortunately that is all that’s left of what was once a great example of how to treat customers. Now it seems they are only interested in extracting all the good will they’ve built to fill someone’s pockets. Lack of choice, poor customer service and non existent delivery slots (please check back later!!) but I’ll still happily charge you £5.99 for a SmartPass. Good bye Ocado, today I received one poor customer service response too many. There’s so much choice now and customer satisfaction is key.
I foolishly paid for the Smart Pass for a year but cannot get a delivery slot and no one replies to my emails. They wanted to charge me an extra£9.99 for a Christmas delivery, in addition to the £99 per year ! Rubbish customer service The live chat is rubbish too. The robots can only give standard replies and the customer service advisor page doesn’t work. Very poor. I expected better. I’m still waiting for a reply from my email 2 weeks ago
Overly expensive, not a single available slot all year for an existing customer, and always running out of products post Checkout. For a company that made positive revenues for 2020, the minimum they can do is ensure their existing clients are catered for, enhance their service and add more slots!!!!
Long term customer. Unable to get a slot in the Christmas scramble. Ocado recognised this and emailed me, offering to refund one month smart pass. When I tried to claim the refund (explaining it was Ocado offer to refund), customer service cancelled my smart pass! I have a further reply from Customer Service saying they will attempt to restore my smart pass; but an ominous silence since then - it was cancelled very swiftly. Now I cannot see any delivery slots at all. Genuinely get the impression that Ocado do not want me as a customer. This is not going to end well for either of us.
I’ve been a loyal customer for years & did put up with the transition from Waitrose to M&S which was a nightmare as they were running out of everything but the customer service has changed and it’s horrid, the drivers are not very nice either and frankly I’ve had enough!!!
Spent the whole afternoon doing a shop to find when I tried to checkout that they don't deliver anywhere near me (I don't live in the middle of nowhere). It would not take much effort to add something brief on your homepage about your restricted posting areas - would have saved me a lot of time and effort.
Half our order missing, other people's food delivered and dreadful customer service in order to get it rectified. Now today our order had been cancelled with no explanation and no alternative delivery. Just told to go on the website and rebook ourselves if we want the order. If course they're are no slots available for days. Dreadful company.
I have shopped with Ocado for quite a few years but during lockdown have had so many awful experiences with deliveries that I just have to knock it on the head now! I have had three consecutive deliveries where items have been damaged to such an extent that seals have been broken on jars, groceries soaked in soap, beetroot juice and puddles of water in my carrier bags soaking all my food, beetroot juice and water (well I think it was water) all over my carpets from the bags! Tonight I had a whole pack of biscuits torn open and a fish pie with a broken seal! Never again. During lockdown the service has been dreadful in terms of actually getting your shopping delivered without it being damaged and most of the drivers appear to be unfriendly and eager to get away. It has stressed me out completely and I really would rather just go to the shops and avoid all the drama! Shame but lost a long time customer today Ocado, really feel for M & S!!
As a 'shielded' person I have been able to book slots as and when I need them, for which I am very grateful, as I can't get out to the shops. I am a smart pass holder. In my experience Ocado drivers are invariably cheerful and helpful. (I cannot, unfortunately, say the same for the other supermarket delivery drivers). On the rare occasion that I have needed to contact customer service they too have been helpful. The only reason I have not given 5 stars is that the M&S products are quite often on a short date and that fresh food, for example lemons, don't last as long as ones I used to get.
Ocado delivery service today very bad, rude driver with a bad attitude, reported and made complaint to Ocado, very disappointed with Ocado, no excuses for bad delivery service or unprofessional service.
I have been an anytime smart pass customer for years but I am now unable to see any slots on the calender further than 3 days, all of which have gone. This isn't the case for everyone as other family members can see weeks ahead and have booked. Perhaps loyalty doesn't count. Ocado couldn't care less. It never used to be like this. What's gone wrong? I've cancelled and signed up elsewhere
Impossible to get a delivery slot and check at least 10 times per day. Reading the comments below am pleased that the Smart Pass has been stopped for now as that does not appear to give any benefits. Only needed to use as nearest M&S is over thirty miles now, so click and collect is completely out of the question. As I am a cancer patient and my Husband is 78 which is classed as vulnerable, thought might have been given more assistance but completely useless. Going to continue using Tesco and Asda as at least they have a sensible selection of delivery slots over several weeks. Maybe someone could tell me why Ocado only has a couple of days showing for delivery slots. Why, in this day and age, can't they be more proactive?
Ocado obviously have not the capacity to cope with M&S food deliveries. They should have predicted that delivering M&S food in a pandemic running up to Xmas would be busy,they don’t answer emails,they have switched off their chat line and their phone staff are polite but told not to talk about slots. They suggest booking ahead but no slots are available any time any day. Not sure who is getting the slots maybe some customers have priority,I am 68 and spend £120.00 per week but am forced now to go back to in store shopping,which I wish to avoid. Has anyone managed to get slots? Don’t bother with relying on Ocado/M&S for your food deliveries,they are currently unreliable.
I am an Ocado smart pass customer and not even a week into the second lockdown, I find I am unable to book the slots three weeks ahead which I have previously been promised. You may have have thought Ocado would have learned lessons from the earlier lockdown about failure to honour commitments to loyal, regular customers. Not a bit of it. Despite their failure notify me about reneging on their earlier commitment to advanced access to delivery slots, the only enquiry, the customer service team is not allowed to comment on is anything relating availability of delivery slots. Any email enquiries relating to this topic generates a completely irrelevant response. During the summer months I have explored a number of other online grocers and have been impressed by the quality, prices and overall service. I ask myself, ‘why am I wasting time and money with Ocado when there is clearly no currency for loyalty’.
outrageous experience having been a smart pass holder for a number of years and throughout lockdown 1.0 being able to continue to book deliveries. However since recently delivery I can see no slots available to book? Come on Ocado AND now M&S (is it coincidental that the delivery issues seem to have coincided with the M&S Partnership?!? This is not acceptable for customers who pay for the delivery service. Although I understand that Smart Pass does not guarantee a delivery it should enable you to book a delivery over and above non smart pass holders. Either get more delivery drivers, get more warehouse space, or stop pretending you are an above average grocery provider unable to meet customer demands or expectations.
Very disappointed that, at the very least, Ocado have not put out a blanket statement about delivery slots, in particular for Smart Pass holders. Difficult times, yes, but we are being left high and dry and told there are no delivery slots now at least until Christmas. A loyal customer, an over 70 who lives alone, I am not impressed. I probably just don’t spend enough!
Ocado is rated 4.18 based on 2,463 reviews