Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
Their Smart Pass service is completely useless and a hidden YEARLY subscription. You will go through a series of pages stating it's all monthly but the actual subscription will be one year charged monthly with no possibility to cancel. They promote it a lot so you'll likely subscribe to try, except now they have you for a year. It's just one of many dark patterns they use. For instance you can't cancel directly you have to call them. The service is ok most of the time, but if anything goes wrong their policy is to blame you first and it's up to you to keep contacting them. Don't expect an apology either.
Timely, efficient and few missing items/subs even these days. I'd rather know something is out of stock than expect it. Great drivers. Always cheery and helpful
Ocado emailed last month to cancel my regular smart pass slot’s as they said demand was high and they couldn’t guarantee the slot.But finding out some people are getting two slots a week when others get none is disgusting.
I have been shopping weekly at Ocado for 7+ years having a reserved slot every week. It was nice to see a company prioritising me as a customer by guaranteeing delivery during this time. Well done. Throughout the lockdown I only had one issue which was due to me not editing an order as I thought I would have more time to do it. Otherwise amazing. Thank you to Ocado great service to existing regular customers which is appreciated.
Despite having been a customer on and off for years I have only managed to get one delivery since the lockdown. Admittedly we are not in the vulnerable group but my husband is close to 70, so I was extremely disappointed to hear that some customers e.g. Mrs Gove are being offered 2 slots a week!
I am an elderly person listed by the NHS as extremely vulnerable, but Ocado refuse to give me access to priority delivery slots because, they say, I am "not a regular customer." In fact, I've used them fortnightly for more than five years. I asked what constitutes a "regular customer" and their staff said that they are not at liberty to say. Ocado have left me in the lurch, along with many other extremely vulnerable customers. I find them utterly despicable.
Ocado drivers in our area of central london continuously ignore traffic signs and enforcement cameras and drive through our sleepy Mews at great speed. They are not even delivering but cutting through - some drivers have said they don’t mind getting tickets as their company pays for them ( If I was a shareholder I would want these drivers sacked!) Ocado should take pride in having a good and responsible team of drivers which they do not - their Customer Services is a sham that makes a lot of promises to rectify the problems but does nothing. Marks and Spencer should think very very carefully about taking on Ocado for their home deliveries! VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING STANDARD OF OCADO DRIVERS
Ocado are terrible. It’s a shame as the first few experiences were good. But it went down hill from there. More than once, our shopping has been delivered with half the items missing. Coming on a Sunday with nothing else open this is not the best! The customer service team don’t offer re delivery, and have no process to rectify this, which is shocking given it’s obviously common
Not trusted
Well done Ocado I have been an Ocado Smart Pass member for several years, I would like to thank you for how you have dealt with the current crisis, I know you had problems to begin with but I was kept up to date about what was happening and through this I have been able to obtain a weekly shop. I would recommend Ocado for their service and their products have always been of a very high quality. In this day and age it is very rare to experience a company that recognises customer loyalty but this has certainly been the case with Ocado in the current crisis.
I received an email from Ocado. It confirmed I was on the governments shield list as extremely vulnerable. However, it was unable to identify me on their data base. They suggested I should go to another supermarket. There was no acknowledgement that I am a smart pass holder. It is impossible to access my account. Also no response when I requested a refund of my smart pass. Reading other comments, Ocado is profiteering from the current crisis. Their shareholders should be aware of the customer backlash when this pandemic is over.
We have been shopping at Ocado for nearly 10 years. We spend hundreds of pounds on weekly shopping and like everyone struggled to find any delivery slots in March. In early April we received an email from Ocado stating that as one of their most loyal customers we will be given priority slots. This we were. However, there is a catch all of he slots even early morning and late evening on Tuesdays and Wednesdays are only available at £6.99. Every single slot every day of the week is priced at their maximum amount £6.99. In addition, none of the promotions run by Waitrose are reflected in Ocado prices making them even more expensive (Waitrose also does not charge a delivery fee for orders over £50). Having written to Ocado, I received the following “cut and paste” response Dear Mr NNN, Thank you for your email. Please be advised that we vary our delivery charges to help smoothen demand as part of our standard year-round delivery price policy. Our standard maximum delivery charge of £6.99 has not changed. We are experiencing exceptionally high demand at the moment meaning more slots are at the higher end of our slot price range than normal. Thank you for your patience as we work around the clock to get as much food into as many homes as possible and play our part in feeding the nation. I will make sure to pass on your feedback and please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Kind regards, Needless to say that when things return to normal I will be taking my weekly shopping elsewhere. It is a shameless case of greed and profiteering by Ocado at a time when a little more humility and support of its loyal customers would be a better strategy.
Ocado are completely abandoning their customers who need them the most. They are not offering deliveries to shielded customers, despite their website saying otherwise, and instead offering them to loyal customers with the ability to visit stores.
Ocado have had a lot of problems as people who do not normally use them signed up in droves at the start of the COVID-19 outbreak. They are working hard to cope at the moment and things are improving all the time. I have used them since they started up and have always, including during this crisis, found the drivers conscientious, hopnest, polite and helpful. It might be that they have some less experienced staff at the moment, but I have never encountered a bad 'un. I had one item delivered in my last load of shopping that was not as good as it should be and they refunded me the cost straight away with no argument.
Ocado failed to deliver my order and they have charged me for perishable items. We have checked the cameras and during this time no Ocado van arrived. I have contacted Ocado who do not care and said they will be charging me because the driver cancelled my order. The driver is at fault I received no call and there is a Conceirge number to call on our gates this was not called either. I have been charged but lots more than I was told so I guess they have charged me premium for substitute items. My last order totalled nearly £400. I received damaged items, cracked eggs and paid an additional £32.85 for substitute items which were really poor quality. Ocado enough is enough never have I been treated so appallingly by a company. Your customer service representatives do not listen, clearly you are so flooded with complaints you are not spending time to deal with these properly. The fact is your driver did not follow the correct protocol and I will not be using you again and neither will my family. You have lost yet another loyal long-standing customer. I hope you treat your Marks and Spencer’s customers with more compassion. Just for the record Tesco and Morrison’s provide substitute items at this time at no extra cost and they are their finest range. My friend said she ordered with an online supermarket who missed some of her order so they returned that same day to deliver. If Ocado thought about how to mould their corporate approach in a time of crisis I feel they would receive only positive reviews. As it stands Ocado’s reputation will not recover from the reviews online there are far too many. Shame on you Ocado I see you as a thieving company now.
The driver never approached our door, never knocked, Ocado cancelled order and charged for perishable goods - all in the first 6 minutes of the delivery slot. Ocado refused to give a refund. Customers, beware, they don’t follow the delivery process they state on their website in the FAQ section. If the driver says there is no response at the door without approaching the door, they cancel the order, and you pay for the goods which go somewhere else.
Regular weekly Ocado customer – NO MORE! I was a regular weekly Ocado customer before COVID-19, NEVER AGAIN! Yes, vulnerable people should get priority, but the way regular customers have been treated by Ocado is disgusting – they have literally turned their back on us! Why are regular customers just kicked off the site as soon as they login? Why is there no priority for regular customers who have not been able to shop for weeks on end now? Surely the longer a regular customer has been waiting for a delivery slot the more they should be placed up the priority list! Fortunately, other supermarkets are different.
Shocking mixed messages and broken promises. New slots promised for 6pm daily, often to vaporise by 5.30. Forced to queue only to be locked out. Even locked out after getting on, securing a slot and starting to shop. Emails from vulnerable customers met with standard platitudes. The fact that the management are taking such huge bonuses while their customers are suffering such degradation is nothing short of scandalous.
Ocado is rated 4.17 based on 2,472 reviews