Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
I’m a long term anytime delivery smart pass customer and have paid my sub for years. I haven’t been able to get a delivery for nearly four weeks now. Like a lot of people I got an email three weeks ago saying I’d be put in a group and allowed access to the site, limited to one order every seven days. I have never received an email, I’ve been bounced off the site because I’m not a priority customer. I got on for the first time tonight only to find there were absolutely no delivery slots. There’s no way I can get a delivery and I’m totally mystified by the 5 star reviews some people are giving here. Why do some people get deliveries and a lot of us get none? The person on this forum who accused customers of causing the problem by hoarding ought to be ashamed. I’m a single elderly person with no car who does not hoard food, I don’t want to visit supermarkets and I’m managing by the kindness of others and finding local businesses who will deliver a veg box. Today Ocado kindly took their monthly payment despite the fact that they haven’t been able to offer me a single opportunity to order a delivery this month. I’m absolutely appalled and I will not be using Ocado ever again.
I have been a loyal customer for many years and recommended ocado to countless people but they have failed miserably during this pandemic! I am on the government extremely vunerable list and have emailed them with the letter and asked them to allow me access with to the site to no avail. 3 weeks and countless emails (via contact form as emails now shut down) I get the response 'we can confirm you are on the government shield list but do not count you as a regular customer' ?!.. I can only assume this is because I do not have a smart pass as I have shopped weekly with them for years!! Every email sent takes days to be responded to and previous emails are not read. Almost every response has been vague and generic. Absolute shocking service. We are having to rely on government food parcels (although we are financially able to purchase food) as we have no family near and are not signed up with any other supermarkets. Appalling service in this time of crisis.
Poor service now - Ocado really should be coping better with the crisis since their sole business is online grocery deliveries! Unfortunately they also seem to be profiteering (6.99 delivery changes on any available slots and higher prices/fewer offers.) TBH I would most likely have left anyway when M&S took over from Waitrose but their very poor handling of the crisis has made the decision a lot easier. I suspect they will struggle to recover from this epic fail.
After a very shaky start to the pandemic, Ocado seem to have got things back to some sort of order, so thank you for that. Quality of the merchandise is super. Still can’t get some items, but most are ok. Thank you for getting back to the level of service you were.
I have been a loyal Ocado customer for over two years. That loyalty was treated with contempt initially during the Covid-19 crisis, with absolutely minimal access to website and zero access to delivery slots. Only recently did Ocado wake up to the fact that if they were to have any shred of credibility after this crisis is over then they have to look after their loyal customer base. My loyalty was eventually 'rewarded' with better access to the website and delivery slots. HOWEVER, the average price of my weekly shop has now shot up dramatically - due to the almost complete absence of any offers or discounts. Now that is complete and blatant profiteering in a time of crisis. Also, I have just taken delivery of this week's shopping, which I already knew had an alarming number of substitutions and missing items. Very nice lady delivery driver, but she was gone in a flash, before I had any time to check anything - not necessarily a criticism in the current circumstances. But the real problem was that I then discovered a huge number of items, which I had been charged for, were completely missing. The point of online shopping now completely undermined, as I will now have to buy the items in person and risk exposure to the virus. I have been most disappointed by Ocado's performance and complete disregard for their customers since coronavirus took hold. Yes, we can understand the huge pressure that has been placed on the system, but come on, Ocado's apparently state of the art systems should have been able to fare a lot better than they have. Plus, there is no excuse whatsoever to shamelessly profit from the crisis. I am only persisting with Ocado as it is the only way at the moment I have any chance of getting any home deliveries. But once this crisis is over I will NOT be remaining an Ocado customer and I very much suspect that others will also be leaving in droves, judging by the vast number of negative reviews. Senior management and shareholders need to be seriously worried. Your once loyal customers will not forget.
A once loyal customer who has been subject to mistreatment from a company who lacks honesty and extorts money.
A once loyal customer who has been mistreated by a cunning and underhand company who extort money. Shame on Ocado.
Absolutely disgusting and a disgrace
Ocado are showing a complete lack of management... their drivers are really nice but that is the only positive to be taken from the last month; their systems, their decision making, their service ethos, their pricing are all substandard. Frankly, as a company, they deserve to go under - this should have been the time when they made their name in a positive way - instead they are managing to kill their future.
Disgraceful lack of service. Nice to see the odd staff member of ‘plant’ have giving 5* reviews. Ocado only have to worry about online deliveries and have failed at every juncture; overwhelmed, closed site, huge queues, lack of slots. Then there is the blatant profiteering, no free Wed slots, no cheaper evening slots and the offers have dwindled to almost non-existent. Fortunately they can now hide behind the facade of caring for the most vulnerable, utter tosh. In my experience most elderly struggle with IT and the very ill have always depended on their support network (who are now cut out). I know registered people who have tried to use Ocado and cannot access the site. I have closed my Ocado account, I am sure that the romance with their new customer base will treated with the level of loyalty shown by Ocado once Tesco, Aldi etc reopen as normal..
Once any kind of pressure is put on it it completely fails... so, first a virtual queue with hours waiting, then the whole site taken down (and this is for the only online groceries, others needed to deal with both online and offline pressure and they didn't flounder as much, oh but somehow Tim Steiner needs to be paid extra? Shame) - and now no bottled water... they'd rather not sell items due to high demand rather than increasing capacity. It's ridiculous, no other shop is doing this, and they keep selling coke? So now they want everyone to destroy their teeth? What kind of idiotic incentive is this? In addition to which I read that covid may possibly infect water pipes, so coercing more people to drink from the tap can potentially increase infections, so more deaths and more demand and then what, are they going to remove food next?
I cannot believe some of the views that have been written down. I have been a customer of ocado for quite some time. If you people weren't bulk buying there would not be a problem, people complaining about substitutes, opt out then its not rocket science. They send you a message before they arrive if you bother to Check, so you can actually decide if you want the substitutes or not. The drivers are always polite and helpful even though they've probably been abused by most of you that complain, which wouldn't surprise me having worked in retail before. As for not supplying bottle water, that's great, the vans can only take so much weight by law, and all those extras you want to buy, could probably be two or three other customers orders, so good on them, they are trying to do things to make it better for others not the Selfish. As for other brands like asda and tesco etc, they aren't all stocked and some are still missing items when I go for a shop, it's the same everywhere unfortunately, sad truth is, if this carries on due to people not listening then it will probably be going on for quite a while
I used to sing the praises of Ocado but I never will again. I am a loyal reserved smart pass customer but this has counted for nothing since the Covid-19 crisis. I can access the site now but there are never any available delivery slots. I have no idea how I am going to manage to get groceries now.
I used Ocado initially to get a sparkling water abruptly discontinued in Supermarkets and thought last year the service was excellent . I had my last delivery in February and it will remain my last one as I haven’t been able to access the site since then with repeated rubbish cyber excuses as to why not . The proof of a good service is being there when you really need it .
They were good but now awful. I had a delivery booked 2 weeks before and couldn't edit it at all . I have had a 12 week lockdown letter and had no reply to my email which they said they would reply to in 72 hours.I have tried to continuously log in. Now their website isn't working at all and says access denied.
Kept changing the online system many times to finally come up with a a ridiculous system where you have to check the website constantly 24/7 in the hope to get a slot. Which idiot came up with that scheme. Promised a priority queue for smart pass, never worked, or maybe they changed it already and replaced it with yet another scheme. Who knows.
When this nightmare is over Marks & Spencer will be delivering, so having been happy and spending thousands of pounds you should know this is not good business practice, dumping long standing customers, dare say I say it customers with very large disposable incomes. Universal Credit Customers are your next market.
Having a smart pass seems to be the problem, apparently if you don’t have one then it opens up to delivery slots, All the loyal long term customers with a smart pass are at this time disposable, a previous reviewer had her’s cancelled, but still managed to get on Ocado site and without a current smart pass it offered her delivery slots at her leisure, OCADO ARE A DISGRACE.
I have been a smart pass holder for many years and have always been happy with their service. Since the Covid19 crisis this has changed. I am over 70 and a Cancer patient, also one of the 1.5 million the Government consider at extreme risk. I have been unable to get a delivery slot for several weeks now and despite trying to contact Ocado by email have got absolutely Nowhere! They don’t respond to emails their chat line is down, and their call centre do not answer. Despite paying for a smart pass I now have to pay Sainsbury’s for delivery. If Sainsbury’s can manage to operate under these condition why can’t Ocado!
I have been using Ocado for many years and all in all I had been content with the service that they have been providing. That is to say up until recently. As per the previous messages, I too have been trying to get on the delivery que which were at one stage in thousands, lodging on at 2am etc etc. I am LIVID, that I have not still been contacted to arrange a priority slot. I have had cancer twice, intensive treatments, pneumonia and I do fall under high risk, vulnerable group. I have been self isolating for over three weeks due to the corona virus with no means of going out or having someone deliver anything to me. I have contacted numerous people via email at Ocado. To this day I AM STILL WAITING TO BE PUT ON THE PRIORITY LIST SO THAT I CAN HAVE A DELIVERY> They refused to change my address location as I moved away from London to try and safe guard myself and now I am left with no delivery. ABSOLUTELY LIVID AT THE UNPROFESSIONAL WAY THAT THIS HAS BEEN HANDLED BY TIM STEINER THE CEO AND ITS STAFF AT OCADO.
Ocado is rated 4.17 based on 2,472 reviews