Open Studio Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"A great learning tool. Drumming courses(especially the fundamentals of jazz Drumming )are awesome and the rhythm section fundamentals course is simply stunning! Inspirational stuff!!"
"Open Studio has great professionals ( who aren't always good teachers) that are very capable teachers. I love the way the course builds logically. I'm taking from Peter Sprague & he moves quickly through the course but students have complete control ala varying tempo plus accurate transcriptions. 5 Stars!"
"It’s a great way to learn and benefit from the experience and skills of highly capable musicians and teachers"
"If I can improve my skill levels to even a fraction of those of Peter M, then I will be overjoyed, and extremely grateful. I have listened to around 20 videos in the week since signing up, and learned such a lot already."
"Peter is an amazing Jazz Pianist and teacher. I'm convinced that If i just follow the course, take my time, practice and emulate Peter I'll get to somewhere in my playing that i can occasionally say hey not bad and enjoy the journey. Thanks for the great courses."
"Open Studio has a lot to offer. The different courses are taught by top-notch professionals, and there are plenty of good ideas to draw from. Peter is a very engaging teacher and a wonderful pianist, and the same can be said for Adam and others. That being said, I cancelled my membership during the trial period, because in order to really take advantage of the membership you need to have a lot of time to practice, and (for piano) you need to have several years of good piano training behind you. For instance, you will be able to progress much more rapidly if you already know all your major and minor scales, triads and inversions. If you know all your seventh chords, the blues scale, and have a basic knowledge of functional harmony so much the better. The point is that you need to be at least at the lower intermediate level to progress very well. If you're interested in developing this aspect of your music, Open Studio is a great and reasonably priced resource. I hope to rejoin when I have more practice time."
"I am working on the Jazz Bass course. I have been studying books and another on line course on bass guitar but now I want to transfer to double bass. At first the level was very high and I needed all my previous knowledge to keep up. But listening to the ideas particularly about sound and rhythm have improved my playing. So thank you."
"Really enjoying Peter Sprague and Romero Lubambo courses."
"Peter is a good teacher and he has the chops to back up his methods."
"Can you please make the playback of elements of piano jazz in every key?"
"Great content and teachers."
"It helped me very much"
"Very informative. Well laid out, and has pointed me in the right direction. Thank you"
"I like your courses. I live on Kemerovo, Russia, and know English a bit, so I understand lessons. In my opinion people in Russia can be really interested in this material, so maybe later the studio will grow and add Russian subtitles. For most people it will be the only way. Thank you!"
"Excellent source for learning jazz. Real messages and advices from Grammy winner musicians are truly inspiring."
"It’s perfect! Everything clear, lot of usefull informations. The price is hight but worth it :)"
"I am an electric bass guitar player (blues, classic rock, Motown, etc.) who has always wanted to learn to play acoustic upright bass. I purchased Christian McBride's fundamentals course because of my respect for him as a jazz musician, and he didn't disappoint. My next step is to buy or rent an instrument and get started. By the way, I'm 70 years old and still have the desire to learn new things."
"Very good platform, that living transcription is very helpful, the teacher, incredible!"
"Open Studio provides a rich portfolio of helpful resources. They seem to embrace innovation with useful transcriptions, helpful hints and a variety of viewpoints and styles. I have been a member for several years, but the improvements in the last couple of years have been truly great. Peter has assembled a dedicated and extremely talented team."
"so good~~~~~~"