Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
The whole process was super simple and stress-free! I would recommend Opendoor to anyone looking to sell their house!
(Atlanta) - Posted 5 months ago
Heidi, Thank you for sharing your story - we're happy to hear our experience has worked out well for you!
This was a great experience. This is my first home purchase and I chose not to use a real estate agent. The option of using a home advisor with Opendoor makes it easy to do. My advisor Landon was very helpful with answering questions and was pretty accessible. When he wasn’t available I got help with his peer Mimi; which meant everything happened timely. I would totally recommend using Opendoor’s home advisors :)
Hi, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I've bought/sold approximately 10 homes and this was by far the easiest, least stressful experience of all! I would recommend Open Door for their fair price and professionalism.
(Charlotte) - Posted 5 months ago
Great to hear about your experience Pamela. We love hearing stories like yours!
The selling process was very easy and they were great about working with me when I had a tenant who refused to vacate the premises. The price they offered was fair and I was ok with getting a little less than I might have with a traditional sale in exchange for the ease of the process. The repairs they quoted were fair. Again I probably could have done the repairs slightly cheaper but the convenience of not having to deal with any of that, or outlay the initial money was a fair trade. They kept me informed of the steps in the process and were always responsive if I had any questions. The title company they used was great and were very accommodating with my schedule and me being about 2,000 miles away.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 5 months ago
Hi Rob, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Joe Arsenio and Alex Waidley are excellent. Great team. Informative, knowledgeable, helpful, respond quickly and good humans. I recommend them 100%
Thanks for the love! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Opendoor took the stress out of selling our home. We needed to move quickly and not only did Opendoor make that possible, but it was such an easy process. I didn’t think you could ever describe selling a home as easy, but they proved me wrong!! The advisor we worked with was extremely responsive anytime questions came up which confirmed that we were in good hands.
(Salt_lake_city) - Posted 5 months ago
Thrilled to hear that Stephanie. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
So far this has been the smoothest and clearest home buying and selling process. We are currently under contract to sell our home to open door and to buy our new home with them. The staff have been very kind and helpful and the ease of viewing homes has made our search relatively stress-free. The in-home assessment of our home was unobtrusive and the individual who conducted the assessment was kind and easy to work with. The only hiccup so far has been that Open Door's staff are all in a different time zone from us so last-minute questions do not often get a response until around noon for us. Nevertheless, Open Door representatives have been easily accessible and have provided clear information and assistance throughout our buying/selling process. And when our representatives for various aspects of the process were out of the office, another member of the Open Door team took over and responded on their behalf. So there has been no time in this whole process in which we were left waiting an unreasonable amount of time for a question or concern to be answered. Additionally, the third-party companies they work with for legal/financial arrangements have been of similar quality. We are still in the due-diligence period so there are plenty of opportunities for things to go sideways but, so far, this has been an incredibly simple and relatively stress-free way to buy and sell a home.
So glad to hear this Andrew. Thanks for sharing, We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
The whole experience could not have been better. From my initial call to inquire about the process and get an offer to the closing and recieving the funds the entire process exceeded all expectations by leaps and bounds.

First, the staff were all responsive, professional and a pleasure to work with.

The offer was not only fair but was higher than the recent comps in the area. The fees were less than a traditional realtor which meant more money in my pocket.

I was able to pick the closing date and that process to was simple and quick. The digital closing and application worked flawlessly and the funds were transferred to my account as promised.

Without a doubt I would whole heartily recommend them to my friends and family. Opendoor is bringing real estate into the 21st century.
(Sacramento) - Posted 5 months ago
Larry, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Entire process start to finish was very easy, stress-free and transparent. I found the financials very good, the numbers we came up with were a bit higher than what Opendoor quoted but still very competitive.

The offer and assessment process was well streamlined, professional and reasonable. We were very happy overall. Highly recommend!
(Phoenix) - Posted 6 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Andrew. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
Opendoor's app makes it easy to search homes and tour them in person. No pushy realtors, so I could shop on my own.

Making an offer was simple, straight forward and I got excellent advice from the agent I worked with. I am very happy with Opendoor and would choose it over using a regular real estate agent any day!
Laura, Thanks for the positive feedback and we appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! 💙
The overall experience selling to Opendoor was simple and streamlined. The offer request process was straightforward and very fast. The offer was definitely inline and competitive with market rates. Being able to secure a guaranteed buyer so quickly without dealing with listings and showings was a great benefit for us. The request for repairs after the home inspection were also reasonable. Also being able to specify the closing date and the late checkout option made the entire moving process a lot easier and convenient.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 6 months ago
Amy, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Opendoor is an awesome company to work with. They far exceeded our expectations. We both sold and purchased our new home through Opendoor and they were great to work with through both. We had to move our closing date 4 times through the process and they made this so easy it was amazing. Their original offer on our house was great and getting money back on bother the sale and purchase only made it better. I feel we can out ahead than if we used the old route of using a standard realtor. I tell everyone I can about our wonderful ecperiexperience.
Christopher, This is great to hear! Thank you for supporting what we do and happy to hear you've had a great experience with us.
Fast, friendly and efficient! From first inquiry to closing in only 3 weeks. Knowledgeable team with a easy to follow step by step process defined on Opendoor website.
(Raleigh) - Posted 6 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Dwight.
After receiving mailers from Opendoor, I decided to request an offer to sell my home. Within 24 hours, Opendoor contacted me with a surprisingly fair offer, and it was very much inline with recent sales in my neighborhood. I accepted their offer, and the Opendoor magic began. These folks are unbelievably fast and efficient! The day after accepting their offer, Opendoor's title company was in contact with me. Though the entire sale could have been completed in about 21 days, they offered me the chance to close after the holidays, which I accepted. The entire process was very smooth and stress-free from start to finish, and I did not have to deal with real estate agents bringing people into my home! I would definitely recommend, and use Opendoor again in the future. A++++
(Jacksonville) - Posted 6 months ago
So glad to hear this Willie. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
good offer smooth transition no issues at all
(Atlanta) - Posted 6 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Denver, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Customer service was amazing, title company was amazing! Fair and quick transaction relieved so much stress of a typical house sale.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 6 months ago
Thrilled to hear that Todd. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
We have three kids and would not have been able to stage our home. Opendoor made selling our home easy and hassle free.

Opendoor also worked with us when we decided to build our home using a construction company. They gave us an extended closing we would have not have had through the traditional selling/buying process.

Finally, Opendoors offer was competitive. I dong feel shorted and even had Opendoors offer vetted by three different realtors. Each said Opendoor’s offer was among the most likely outcomes we could expect when selling our home.
(Portland) - Posted 6 months ago
So glad to hear this Derek. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Awesome!!! Very stress free. Great people from start to finish and just a totally positive experience!
(Phoenix) - Posted 6 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Rhonda. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! :)
Very nice people, incredibly fair and fast!
(Denver) - Posted 6 months ago
Nathan, Happy to hear that - and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
From start to finish an absolute wonderful experience. If you have a young growing family and know you can’t “show” the house like normal. This is the way to go. If you don’t want to deal with repairs, this is the way to go. Sold to opendoor and bought with partner agent. Again awesome experience. Very impressed. Highly recommend! Thank you opendoor!!!
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Ken!
Opendoor is rated 4.03 based on 713 reviews