Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Under an hour
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
They handled they buying and selling of my homes made it easy
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Happy Valley, Oregon
Your Name: George Lizer
I was extremely pleased by the Opendoor team. The only glitch was an appointment mix up which was of no consequence. The offer was good and the closing was on time. The process was exactly as promised in every respect. I was a licensed realtor for 17 years and would still recommend any seller to at least get a quote from Opendoor. You owe it to yourself. George L. in Happy Valley, Oregon and it is very Happy!
(Portland) - Posted 2 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor George. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Las Vegas
Your Name: Amanda Fuller
I chose to use opendoor because I needed to sale my home fast. I was moving out of state. I can’t believe how easy of a process this was. I would highly recommend opendoor to anyone who needs to sale fast. Your able to choose your own closing date and move it around if you need to. The title company I had was very informative and they kept in contact well. The opendoor team also helped me along the way and answer any questions I had right away. The only thing I’d recommend from opendoor is probably more “real person” contact. But don’t let that statement discourage you. Just because I couldn’t get a live person to speak to at all times didn’t mean I couldn’t leave a message for someone. And when I did leave a message they were very fast at responding and answered all my questions. I really enjoyed working with opendoor and the title company both made the process stress free!
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 months ago
Amanda, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Acworth
Your Name: Floyd Brown
Visited opendoor.com and filled out information. Two visits total to the house: 1)inspection/estimate. 2)Final walk thru. The trip to the local lawyer's office for settlement. Easy peasy. (Left out more stuff that had to be filled out on the internet - I do that all the time). It was a better final deal than my Real Estate Agent told me I would get. The thought of buying AND selling (showing and all that) at the same time made me ill.
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Floyd. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
The experience with your company was the efficiency everything was dealt with. The people that we dealt with were so competent and extremely helpful and courteous. We would never hesitate to recommend Opendoor to anyone. We were so lucky to have found you. Thank You
(Tampa) - Posted 2 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Gill. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! :)
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Howard Frazier
My experience with Opendoor was positive from start to finish; by far, the easiest real estate transaction I have ever had (approximately 10). Their concept is so effective at reducing the stress and uncertainty, I expect that it will substantially disrupt the real estate market in the near future. The only 'defect' that was visible in the process is the accuracy of the offer price. This is understandable since they rely solely on past real estate sales (comps) to make their determination of 'fair market value' on which their offer is based. In my case, the offer was only slightly below what I would have established as a listing price, and probably in the range I would have accepted from a traditional buyer. All of the 'regular' steps are included such as; acceptance of offer, their inspection for defects on the property, final walk-through, escrow. What's missing is the uncertainty and inconvenience. No offering/countering, no contingencies, no failed transactions due to buyer loan rejection, low appraisal, inspection anxiety, shifting milestones which might affect your next real estate purchase. In my case we closed about 22 days after accepting their offer. It could have been a few days less but I needed to travel to be present during the inspection (your presence is optional). After the inspection I was notified that they found a few defects but they would pick up the cost of those minor repairs during their normal process of getting the property ready for sale. We finished packing and moving out a week earlier than we planned so we requested an earlier closing date. No problem - you can adjust that date to suit your plans. I communicated with about 4 different people at Opendoor over the course of this transaction; all were very responsive to any questions we had; even on the weekend. Their attitude reflected their objective to make it easy to sell your house to them. The only part of the process that had even a hint of inconvenience was the escrow/closing process. It must be done at the escrow office or via a remote notary service. The last several real estate transactions that I completed were accomplished on-line using a secure web product like Docusign. We use the 'remote notary' service which included a $90 service fee. I believe the escrow service is an outsourced service rather than part of Opendoor since the service profile was 'different'.
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 months ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Howard! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Cary
Your Name: Robin Joyce
Moving is a very stressful situation and selling your house is one of the largest. From the start of fiing out the first questionare to signing our closing papers it was seamless. Everything is explained up front. If something comes up that might change things the staff is pleasant, responsive and professional. I highly recommend Open Door to anyone in search of assistance with selling their home.
(Raleigh) - Posted 3 months ago
Michael great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Overall my experience with OpenDoor was great. Jeff Y. was very helpful throughout the offer/home assessment process and even called me after 5pm on a Friday to let me know that repair costs were $0. Hankin and Pack were incredibly helpful throughout the process and responded to the countless emails I sent leading up to closure. They were professional and very respectful of my time. Overall, I recommend OpenDoor to anyone who is looking to sell their home and who understands the worth of their home. Sometimes it may be less than what you think and I understand the frustration some have felt with offers but if you take time to look at the comps on your own you may find that opendoor’s offer is in line with market value. My offer was maybe $2k short of what I had hoped for but in the end the convenience of the process (no showings, cleaning, staging) etc meant everything and I highly recommend the team in Charlotte.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Grabriela.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Nevada
Your Name: Juana
The opendoor team was amazing! Everyone was helpful and professional!
(Las_vegas) - Posted 3 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Juana, thanks for sharing your experience with us. 💙
I couldn’t have handled the stress of selling my home and coordinating the purchase and close date if I had to do it the old-fashioned way. Opendoor made my hard work pay off by taking the stress out of selling our first home and buying our new one with the smoothest process and on the exact close date I needed. I will be a lifetime customer.
Sarah, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
It was a seamless process. Someone was always available to help. If I sell my home again; I will definitely use Opendoor again.
That's awesome! Happy to hear that. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!
We recently sold our home to Opendoor, and it was a flawless process. From start to finish everyone we dealt with was friendly and courteous. The offer for our house was above what we expected and in line with what homes similar to ours were selling for in our neighborhood. No open houses, strangers coming and looking at your home. It worked perfect for us. Thank you Opendoor.
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Mike and Patti.
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Saint Augustine
Easy, professional and fast. Really got a fair price for my house.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 3 months ago
Terry, We appreciate your kind feedback!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? lithia springs
A great company to work with and there team members were very helpful in making the whole selling process as easy as it could be. I would recommend open door to anyone want to sell their home .
(Atlanta) - Posted 3 months ago
Joseph, Happy to hear that and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Tucson
A great experience. I would do it again.
(Tucson) - Posted 3 months ago
Wonderful to hear that it worked for you! Thanks for sharing your experience Edward.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Jennifer Nolan
When my husband and I decided to sell our house, we knew Opendoor was the only way to go. No open houses, staging, or waiting months for the right offer. We have 6 kids living at home ages 13-21, as well as our very energetic dogs! We knew that keeping our 5 bedrooms, 3.5 bath, 3100 square foot home perfectly show- ready for realtors and prospective buyers wasn’t realistic. We wanted to sell quickly to pay off our debt and start fresh. Opendoor met our needs in the most professional, yet simple way possible. We closed in 3 weeks and every point of contact was kind, patient, knowledgeable and an absolute pleasure to work with. We will highly recommend Opendoor to anyone!
(Sacramento) - Posted 3 months ago
Jennifer, Happy to hear that - and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
I was a bit skeptical about selling through a faceless electronic process, but was happily surprised by the professional process and speed of communications. Questions were quickly answered and the people involved were always willing to help. This was the best real estate experience of many I’ve had.
Great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
The process was fast and extremely accommodating. All the paperwork on Opendoors end went smooth. Everyone at the opendoor team was friendly and helpful with all questions answered in a timely manner. The process could not have been made any easier, with a fair offer on top of that.
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Jennifer.
From offer to closing, Open Door representatives were available, professional and personable. Especially helpful was the practice of working with home builders to provide some scheduling flexibility and insure a smooth transition once new construction was complete. Escrow and Title transfers also completed in a timely, smooth process. On-line negotiations and document signing somewhat daunting at first, but overall provides for a streamlined, efficient process.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Gene and William.
We just sold our home and Opendoor was exactly as they presented themselves. Everything ran smoothly, quickly, efficiently and appropriately! I would buy or sell a home from them anytime and highly recommend them! We had received a flyer in the mail and although a bit skeptical at first, did quite a bit of research before we jumped in--and we are so glad we did!!!
Great to hear about your experience Debbie. We love hearing stories like yours!
Opendoor is rated 4.33 based on 557 reviews