Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
After receiving mailers from Opendoor, I decided to request an offer to sell my home. Within 24 hours, Opendoor contacted me with a surprisingly fair offer, and it was very much inline with recent sales in my neighborhood. I accepted their offer, and the Opendoor magic began. These folks are unbelievably fast and efficient! The day after accepting their offer, Opendoor's title company was in contact with me. Though the entire sale could have been completed in about 21 days, they offered me the chance to close after the holidays, which I accepted. The entire process was very smooth and stress-free from start to finish, and I did not have to deal with real estate agents bringing people into my home! I would definitely recommend, and use Opendoor again in the future. A++++
(Jacksonville) - Posted 7 months ago
So glad to hear this Willie. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
good offer smooth transition no issues at all
(Atlanta) - Posted 7 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Denver, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Customer service was amazing, title company was amazing! Fair and quick transaction relieved so much stress of a typical house sale.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 7 months ago
Thrilled to hear that Todd. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
We have three kids and would not have been able to stage our home. Opendoor made selling our home easy and hassle free.

Opendoor also worked with us when we decided to build our home using a construction company. They gave us an extended closing we would have not have had through the traditional selling/buying process.

Finally, Opendoors offer was competitive. I dong feel shorted and even had Opendoors offer vetted by three different realtors. Each said Opendoor’s offer was among the most likely outcomes we could expect when selling our home.
(Portland) - Posted 7 months ago
So glad to hear this Derek. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Awesome!!! Very stress free. Great people from start to finish and just a totally positive experience!
(Phoenix) - Posted 7 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Rhonda. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! :)
Very nice people, incredibly fair and fast!
(Denver) - Posted 7 months ago
Nathan, Happy to hear that - and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
From start to finish an absolute wonderful experience. If you have a young growing family and know you can’t “show” the house like normal. This is the way to go. If you don’t want to deal with repairs, this is the way to go. Sold to opendoor and bought with partner agent. Again awesome experience. Very impressed. Highly recommend! Thank you opendoor!!!
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Ken!
We were presented with a fair offer, and even considering the 1.5% convenience fee, we were comfortable moving forward. Everyone at OpenDoor was friendly and "real" and answered all of our questions promptly. The entire process was so easy! If the math works for you, this is the way to go!
(Phoenix) - Posted 7 months ago
Kati, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Bronson Higham was my first contact with Opendoor and he was very helpful, sympathetic to my situation and quite comforting. He moved the entire process forward in a professional and caring manner. Mallory Salisbury was extremely helpful, keeping me informed every step of the way. I am a 71 year old widow and was treated with the utmost respect and understanding. I really cant thank them enough for making this an easy process.
(Sacramento) - Posted 7 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Charlene.
The process was super easy and painless. Can not believe it was this easy.
(Atlanta) - Posted 7 months ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Saniyal.
It was easier than I was expecting,I was worried about marks on the walls when moving out. I did not put any holes in the wall.but I am sure of some suffs,I guess no problem I got my escrow in about a week!!
(Raleigh) - Posted 8 months ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Christopher! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
What a great experience! With Opendoor's Trade-in program we sold our existing home, found our new home and closed on both within 24 days from the time we accepted Opendoor's purchase offer. Opendoor lending made the mortgage process easy and comfortable. All of the Opendoor staff we worked with were friendly and professional. Great Job Opendoor! We really appreciated the way you walked us through the whole process!
Scott & Debbie, We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor and Opendoor Home Loans. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
Extremely easy and fair process. Would highly recommend them over the traditional selling process any day! I saved a ton of time and headache with fixing up the house to sell, trying to sell through a real estate agent and I saved a lot of money by not having to do either.
(Atlanta) - Posted 8 months ago
So glad to hear this Joseph. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Had rental home 200 miles from where we live. Didn’t want to get into the whole sales process. Was offered a fair price, closed in 21 days. No hassles. We were happy.
Great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
The entire experience was a good.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 8 months ago
Thanks for sharing, Chris!
I had a good experience especially the freedom to view the property as many times it took to make a decision to buy.
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Manuela!
We have been through 3 home sales. This was by far the quickest and smoothest we have experienced.
(Raleigh) - Posted 8 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Rayford, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Late July, I contacted opendoor to purchase my home. Like most, I was skeptical of the process. Within 1 week an advisor came to our home to give us a real estimate of my home. The purchase price was actually nore than I was expecting to get. 4 months after the offer, I found a new home and sold my home to open door. The staff was very kind. They called periodically to schedule closing and each time we pushed the date back and there was no hassle. Closing was a breeze and checkout was simple. I would to share more of my story and speak to a staff member to rave about my experience.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 8 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Dominic.
Very good offer, everything was so easy right from beginning. It was my first house that I bought in 2013 but my family grew so we needed more space after finding new home I wanted to sell this house. I can Say it was a 5 star service
(Houston) - Posted 8 months ago
Thrilled to hear that Salim. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
I sold my house on opendoor It was the best decision I’ve made. The process was soooo smooth it seemed hard to believe, they are 100% open with every aspect of the transaction!! Truly a great company!!
Joanna great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Opendoor is rated 4.03 based on 723 reviews