Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Selling my home to Opendoor was the best experience, EVER. I have purchased 13 homes and sold 12 so I have many experiences that I compare it with. I was VERY reluctant in the beginning. Open doors procedures that look simple seems like a ploy and gimmick. Let me tell you, it is exactly what you are told. The price offered for my home was very competitive. I doubt that I would have been able to turn a higher price if I had listed. I was charged a 6% commission, but I would have been charged that also if I listed. I accepted my offer, my inspection was 2 days later and painless. I was updated regularly regarding my closing and anytime I had questions, they were answered quickly and professionally. Bronson Highum assisted me with the sale of my home and there aren’t enough positive things that I can say. From start to finish...I closed Thursday, March 12th...this was super easy, stress less and I will definitely call them first if I ever decide to sell my new home that I just purchased.
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Kelly! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Very efficient process from start to finish
(Atlanta) - Posted 18 hours ago
Using Opendoor was such an incredible experience! We weren’t sure what to expect in the beginning but every step of the entire process was so easy. The communication was amazing and the transaction from beginning to end was so quick and painless. Everything was set up for us along the way to ensure all ran smoothly. Anytime we had a question, our team responded so quickly and they were there for us every step of the way. We still can’t believe how wonderful Opendoor was to work with. We would 100% recommend Opendoor.
(Denver) - Posted 21 hours ago
Our family is in the process of moving out of state—in stages. Opendoor offered us everything we were looking for, which included a fair market value for our house, the option to move out in 60 days while locked in our offer and they would do the repairs needed to the house. Given the comps in our area and what it would cost to either do the repairs myself or contact them out, Opendoor made it possible to leverage our time to look for a short term home while we plan for the final leg of our move.
Our Experience Partner was Nate, who was incredible from start to finish. His availability, communication and professionalism made our Opendoor experience not only “pain free” but reassured us that we made the right choice given our circumstances.
Like others, we thought Opendoor was too good to be true. If you’re in the market to sell—do yourself a favor and see how this company is providing options and a level of service that is a game changer.
From my first inquiry call everyone was extremely helpful, kind and super responsive. The price was fair, the customer service was awesome, Sam, Lan, and Stephanie you all rock. You responded to my annoying texts, emails and delivered the next chapter or our lives. We sold our home effortlessly, and purchased in about two months. The tour assistants were always professional and courteous, Simone, Diane and Michael were amazing. We couldn't ask for a better experience. Thank you!
This was my first experience with Opendoor and I can't express how thankful I was to have chosen to sell & buy using this company! The highlight of the entire process was their customer service representative Nate Otis. Nate was overly helpful each step of the way! With genuine kindness and a positive attitude he guided me through the process which did have a few bumps along the way. Mainly having to do with the realtor I was set up with, but as soon as I had voiced my concern to Nate he had someone reach out almost immediately to hear the concerns I had. The issue was resolved and as we continued moving forward Nate and other customer care employees continued to check in to ensure everything was moving along smoothly. All these great traits their customer service team (especially Nate Otis!!!) made this a 5 star experience for sure! Oh and let's not forget that the offer made on my property was competitive and generous too! I hope you all continue to grow as a company because there are folks all over who could use such a positive experience when buying or selling a home. Thanks Opendoor & thank you Nate Otis for being the best! I hope you and your family stay happy and healthy and if the future calls for another move I know who to call!
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 week ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Kyle.
I met Kamelia 2 years ago. She is friendly, genuine, upbeat and professional. She comes highly recommended and anyone would be very lucky to have her as their agent.
That's great to hear, Nayera. It always makes us happy to hear the experience was a good one!
I worked with Garett Grensky. He was professional, extremely responsive and made the whole process easy. The process to sell to open door is very transparent and there were no surprises. The closing was easy and efficient.
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 week ago
Thanks for the love Carol! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Opendoor is a great way to sell your property. Everyone was knowledgeable and worked at a swift pace. Great way to sell a house.
(San_antonio) - Posted 1 week ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Gary! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Once I decided not to keep my condo in Phoenix, I started looking into my options for selling it from Illinois. After much research, I found Opendoor and am very happy I did. Brock made the experience simple and pain free. I love that when he made their offer they also had a real estate agent there to go over what I could get if I went the traditional route. I choose to sell to Opendoor and was very happy with the offer. I have already suggested Opendoor to 2 friends who are considering selling their properties. I would use them again with no hesitation!
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Nedra! We appreciate the review. Thanks for sharing, and wishing you all the best in this new chapter!
The Open Door reps were courteous, patient and professional. They helped us at every turn in the sale of our house.
(Dallas) - Posted 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your experience Morris and happy to hear that!
We had a very good experience with Opendoor. They gave us a very good price for our home and the process was simple and easy. We would definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone.
Wonderful to hear that it worked for you! Thanks for sharing your experience Mark.
Great service - simplifies and depressurizes the buying process. All Open Door contacts have been helpful and courteous.
Hi, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
For purchasing a home, the experience with open door has been easy and stress free. We had worked with a realtor in our home area and it was stressful, unsuccessful and I did most of the work in searching opportunities. When the realtor finally said, can't you get approved for more and called me crazy for not going through the hoops of scheduling viewings because the homes were being snapped up within hours of coming on the market, I had, had enough. I did a little research and found Opendoor and gave it a try. We found multiple properties in the location we really wanted to live in and submitted the offer. Within an hour I was contacted, we put it together and it was seamless and easy. Heather, who helped up, had the offer delivered that afternoon and stayed in contact with us. She walked us through the process of what's next and had made this a stress free as possible transaction. I would definitely use Opendoor again (but hopefully not for a while - lol). Thank you!
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Kerry.
Received my final offer today and completely disappointed. Definitely don't recommend if you have the time to wait it out on the market then wait it out. I been getting over list contracts from normal buyers but I'm limited on time to sell and unfortunately open door is 40k below my listing price when final offer was made. When they made their initial offer is was only 3k below my listing price.
Hi, sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. We always strive to provide a stress-free, positive experience with Opendoor, but if we've fallen short, we want to look into it. Could you please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate? Thanks a lot!
Opendoor was absolutely amazing to work with! First the entire process of getting our home appraised was so simple. The offer was more than fair! Second, we were building a new house and our closing date changed multiple times. This was never an issue for Opendoor. They were flexible, friendly, and supportive during the entire experience. Finally, the checkout process was so easy! I highly recommend using Opendoor to sell your home.
(Minneapolis) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Tricia, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Their offer was a complete joke. It was over 10k under what my husband and I bought the home for. We put at least 10k of work into the home too adding a brand new chained link fence to the backyard, an outdoor shed, new light fixtures etc. Beware! Don't let opendoor rob you! Will be listing with an agent that actually sells homes for what they're worth.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
It was a dream come true. We did not want to show our home with a toddler and dog while working full time. We sold a home quickly in the past but had multiple showings that were at 7-8pm and all day on the weekends. I think the consistency between what Open door advertised and what they did was the best part of the entire experience. They made us a fair offer and Julie was very easy to get in touch with to answer any questions. It was really an unbelievable experience and felt clean, consistent, expedient, with no hidden fees or costs and really great communication. We never felt pressure or any frustration. As I’m typing this I still can’t extol them enough. The virtual closing was the cherry on top. It is an amazing innovative concept with stellar follow through.
RT, This is great to hear! Thank you for supporting what we do and happy to hear you've had a great experience with us.
I hadn't not decided to sell/buy yet, because although interest rates are excellent, the homes in North Texas are still pricey. I found a home just north of me and I was able to book online to view the home. The realtor was excellent, no pressure, but the home wasn't quite what I was looking for. He explained to us how Open Door was able to sell the homes at a savings of about 1%. So with the no pressure sales and the discounted price, I decided to look for homes in my area because the discount could put the homes in my price range. I found a home not far from where we were, but it was a self guided tour. The app took a picture of the front and back of my license and then it errored out. I figured the error must have been because we were in a carwash when I was trying to access it. We pulled out and I got the same error. I gave up and decided to try the next day. Today I received the same error. I called the number provided by the app and I made contact with the rudest customer service agent. She cut me off and said, to "protect the homes OpenDoor is no longer doing self tours you need an agent to tour the house". I explained to her that I don't have an agent. I asked if she could assign one to show me the house. She kept repeating the same statement. I thought maybe she was foreign and just reading a script. I asked her if she understood what I was saying and she said "yes, you want me to get you an agent to tour the house. We don't do that. You need to get your own." I told her that was interesting because I just toured a house the previous day with an agent. She continued to repeat that I need to get my own agent. I went back to the site, it doesn't say anywhere on the site that OpenDoor is no longer doing self tours. It also says if we don't have an agent OpenDoor will assist us with getting one. This experience has me leery of doing business with OpenDoor. If your customer service agents can't be kind when we call in, then maybe you need to update your site to remove the information about self touring and list an agent with every house.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and after reviewing your account have corrected this issue so you are now able to view any of our homes. We will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop to ensure that this doesn't continue to happen in the future.
It has been the most painful experience to buy a house from open door. They lack professionalism and integrity. Being under contract it was agreed that open door will fix the water heater because it was leaking. A professional plumber hired for inspection stated leak was coming from the wall and it need it to be open to see the actual damage. Open door ignored it and according to them they will take care of it and fix it. Open door provided a "receipt" that stated the leak was fixed" and refused to provide a detailed itemized bill showing what was done. When my plumber went a second time to inspect, it was clear that no work was done to the heater and the leak was actually worse. the water had puddled in the garage. Pictures, Videos were sent to Chris Manning (rep of open door) and it was stated that it will be replaced over the weekend. I am now 2 days away from closing and nothing has been fixed. Communication has been awful and it has taken Chris manning quite a long time to take care of business. I have had to extend various times the deadlines every step of the way. Chris manning will take an avg of 2-4 days to respond making the buying process extremely hard and lengthily.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, We have looked into your concerns and can assure you that our Opendoor representative has been in contact with your agent. Because you are currently represented we do have to advise to counsel your representation but have communicated your concerns internally and will follow up with your agent.
From the first message to the last one, everyone at OpenDoor was friendly and went out of their way to make this as smooth as possible. I could not have imagined it going any better! We were hesitant about choosing this method to sell our home but am so thankful that we did! The price was fair and communication was quick and easy. Thank you for taking so much of the stress away.
Hi Melissa! We appreciate the review. Thanks for sharing, and wishing you all the best in this new chapter!
Opendoor is rated 4.02 based on 778 reviews