Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
My wife and I couldn't be happier with the way this sale went. It was sooooo easy! There was literally no stress for us. We didn't have to worry about showings, repairs or any of the traditional hassle of a home sale. We were skeptical until the end but when we got the proceeds the day we closed i knew we were going to give a glowing review! Thank you so much Opendoor! I'm telling everyone that will listen.
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 months ago
We love great customer stories like yours. Thanks for sharing Rob!
Opendoor has been very very helpful with us on selling our home and buying a new one with Opendoor they coustomers service are great their price and everything else about Opendoor are so wonderful, So trust Opendoor with your next home.
It was wonderful. My agent Maria is the best
(San_antonio) - Posted 17 hours ago
Great service easy to work with and fair offer!
(Houston) - Posted 19 hours ago
Artis and all other service reps were very patient and pleasant.
(Tucson) - Posted 23 hours ago
Wasn't expecting such a pleasant, stress-free experience. Opendoor and our Experience Partner Michelle Holmes went above and beyond to help us through the process and were extremely accommodating. When we had questions, they had answers. 10/10 would sell my home to Opendoor again.
(Portland) - Posted 1 day ago
Surprisingly an easy experience. Would do it again.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 1 day ago
Having sold several homes in my life, the biggest problem is always dealing with people who come to view the house, make offers, and, then, once under contract, dealing with issues the inspectors they hire find, some of them very minuscule. With Opendoor, there were no showings; I just videoed the inside and outside of my home while explaining what was what to an Opendoor representative whom I was communicating with at the same time. After that, a person who does inspections for Opendoor and I discussed the age and condition of various features and appliances in the home. A day or two later, I was given a very fair final offer to have Opendoor purchase the home; the price included a reasonable reduction for anticipated repairs, as well as estimated closing costs. Opendoor was very flexible in meeting the closing date I wanted, which was based on my purchase of another house. Since Opendoor’s offer was firm, I knew exactly how much I had for a down payment on another home. I also used Opendoor’s lending division for my loan, and they were fantastic as well! Opendoor was wonderful every step of the way, and I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to sell their home with as little hassle as possible.
Very competitive, and hassle free selling of our home with opendoor. I would definitely recommend them and use them in a future.
(Dallas) - Posted 3 days ago
I am very happy with my experience with Opendoor. Everything they promised was exactly what I came out with. I requested a quote on my home - did a virtual walkthrough and a few days later received my final quote. It was more than I thought I could get if I sold myself. Just the thought of realtors walking people through my house-Having to do a bunch of updates to my house and everything that goes along with selling a house was taken off my shoulders and I did not have to go through any of that with opendoor. After they gave me the price quote for my house I then picked my closing date. From there everything was done properly. If I had any questions they were always answered. On my closing date everything was done via a zoom call. I received all of my closing documents the day before to review. Everything looked in perfect order. The day of the closing was very smooth. We did it from our home over the Computer with a notary on the zoom call. We signed all of the paperwork electronically. We then got a congratulations email on the closing of our home and the funds were wired into our bank account it seemed like in about 30 minutes. I was very skeptical but I read a lot of very good reviews which is why I went forward with this. If you are thinking about selling your home with opendoor you will not be making a mistake. Everything went very smooth I got exactly what they quoted me and I am totally satisfied. I would refer opendoor to everybody.
(Dallas) - Posted 4 days ago
When I contacted Opendoor, I wasn't sure if I would be selling my house at all. I was also considering the option of renting it out. Within 24 hours, Opendoor came back with a very competitive offer, which was hard to ignore. I started talking with their assigned agent (Amanda Hall), the process and the fees/charges were well explained. Followed by a quick video tour (inside) and outside inspection by one of their engineer, we have a final offer (which actually was within a range that an agent told me if sold traditionally), and minus the hassles. At that point it was a no-brainer to accept the offer and choose our own closing date. The agent also made sure that all our questions and concerns were take care of. On a side note, I sent a text message with a question and our agent was off on that day. Another agent immediately responded my question. And on one instance had to contact their customer service and got my concern resolved in a timely manner.
(Raleigh) - Posted 5 days ago
Would definitely recommend OpenDoor to anyone looking to sell. No showings, open houses or fuss. I love that we got our offer right away and there was no wasted time. This enabled us to purchase the home we wanted without any problems.
Slow, tech added nothing, just slightly cheaper
This is a very convenient way to sell a home.
(Phoenix) - Posted 6 days ago
Just like most people, I was SUPER skeptical of home buying services. An opportunity came up to relocate my mother-in-law but time was not on our side. I called Open Door and it was 23 days from our first conversation to closing. They made a very fair offer. The process was was SUPER easy. It was handled virtually which I appreciate in this day and time. My representative made the comment that I would look back on how easy the process was and HE WAS RIGHT! Thanks Open Door!
(Nashville) - Posted 6 days ago
So glad to hear this Paul. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Excelent Service!
Bought a house where they were the seller... completely unfriendly and impersonal experience and they were not negotiating in good faith. Getting a repair credit was like pulling teeth. Then, when the house didn't appraise they TOOK AWAY the repair credit and came back with a smaller price concession. When we countered they came back with a HIGHER before. price than before. Opendoor doesn't care about doing business with integrity, they only care about flipping homes for maximum profit, not taking care of the property or any damage inside it. I will NEVER do business or recommend them to anyone ever.
We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
Very happy and satisfied from the process from start to finish especially the person how I worked with was Meghan (beautiful person)thank you so much I really appreciate the sale as I recomend open door to everyone thank you again.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Sam.
It was hassle free and fast. My only complaint is that my person did not answer my question I had directly. I told her that I saw two different closing dates. May 3rd and May 5th. She came back with yes, everything is on schedule.
We were already in escrow to buy another home when a friend suggested we try an "ibuyer" to sell our existing home. We didn't want to deal with showing our house during COVID and wanted to sell quickly to avoid multiple months of double mortgages. So I reached out to Zillow and Opendoor for preliminary offers. Zillow's offer was weak... clearly behind what we knew we could get in this crazy seller's market, and we expected repair demands and an inspection. We didn't want to lose out. Opendoor, on the other hand, had a much higher preliminary offer. But we were skeptical. It seemed to good to be true...too easy. So we went looking for a selling realtor. Right before we signed with a listing agent, I got an update email from Opendoor, saying my preliminary offer had been increased. This piqued our interest, and we decided there was no harm in exploring the next steps. I set up the "inspection." Literally, all I had to do was walk around my house on a Zoom call with Sheldon from Opendoor, while he recorded the call and took photos. 30 minutes tops. The next day, someone came to the backyard and took photos for 5-10 minutes. I didn't even have to meet them. Two days later, we had a market-appropriate real offer in hand, with a limited request for a repair credit, and the ability to choose our own escrow date and rent back our own house if we needed more time. Again, we were skeptical. We'd just bought a house with a realtor and escrow took 45 days+, lots of headaches, and more paperwork than anyone wants to read. The Opendoor process seemed like there had to be a catch because it was too easy. But we filled out the requested paperwork on the Opendoor dashboard, and then just waited. We started getting worried that something was wrong because there was so little to do, and the contract provides opportunity for either side to get out at any point (i.e., limited earnest deposit, and different terms). We were so worried that we were missing something that we hired a real estate lawyer to look over the documents for a couple hours... just in case. But no red flags. We did submit some additional disclosures than were required in their dashboard, but that was just to try to do our best to comply with the requirements stated in the purchase agreement/ offer, even though Opendoor didn't ask for them. In any case, the couple hundred dollars we spent on the attorney was well worth it, as compared having to pay a percentage of the sale to an agent. In any case, we waited with baited breath on closing day. The house sold without a glitch and our proceeds deposited into our account. The process was more than fair, easy, fast, and we couldn't have been happier with the results. Thanks for helping us sell our house!
(Los_angeles) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Eva, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
My Opendoor experience was very positive. The professionals I worked with were pleasant and professional. The entire transaction was quick and easy. I have been busy recommending Opendoor to friends and family.
(Tampa) - Posted 1 week ago