Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Selling my home to Opendoor was the best experience, EVER. I have purchased 13 homes and sold 12 so I have many experiences that I compare it with. I was VERY reluctant in the beginning. Open doors procedures that look simple seems like a ploy and gimmick. Let me tell you, it is exactly what you are told. The price offered for my home was very competitive. I doubt that I would have been able to turn a higher price if I had listed. I was charged a 6% commission, but I would have been charged that also if I listed. I accepted my offer, my inspection was 2 days later and painless. I was updated regularly regarding my closing and anytime I had questions, they were answered quickly and professionally. Bronson Highum assisted me with the sale of my home and there aren’t enough positive things that I can say. From start to finish...I closed Thursday, March 12th...this was super easy, stress less and I will definitely call them first if I ever decide to sell my new home that I just purchased.
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Kelly! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
This was my first experience with Opendoor and I can't express how thankful I was to have chosen to sell & buy using this company! The highlight of the entire process was their customer service representative Nate Otis. Nate was overly helpful each step of the way! With genuine kindness and a positive attitude he guided me through the process which did have a few bumps along the way. Mainly having to do with the realtor I was set up with, but as soon as I had voiced my concern to Nate he had someone reach out almost immediately to hear the concerns I had. The issue was resolved and as we continued moving forward Nate and other customer care employees continued to check in to ensure everything was moving along smoothly. All these great traits their customer service team (especially Nate Otis!!!) made this a 5 star experience for sure! Oh and let's not forget that the offer made on my property was competitive and generous too! I hope you all continue to grow as a company because there are folks all over who could use such a positive experience when buying or selling a home. Thanks Opendoor & thank you Nate Otis for being the best! I hope you and your family stay happy and healthy and if the future calls for another move I know who to call!
(Raleigh) - Posted 2 days ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Kyle.
I met Kamelia 2 years ago. She is friendly, genuine, upbeat and professional. She comes highly recommended and anyone would be very lucky to have her as their agent.
That's great to hear, Nayera. It always makes us happy to hear the experience was a good one!
I worked with Garett Grensky. He was professional, extremely responsive and made the whole process easy. The process to sell to open door is very transparent and there were no surprises. The closing was easy and efficient.
(Raleigh) - Posted 3 days ago
Thanks for the love Carol! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Opendoor is a great way to sell your property. Everyone was knowledgeable and worked at a swift pace. Great way to sell a house.
(San_antonio) - Posted 4 days ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Gary! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Once I decided not to keep my condo in Phoenix, I started looking into my options for selling it from Illinois. After much research, I found Opendoor and am very happy I did. Brock made the experience simple and pain free. I love that when he made their offer they also had a real estate agent there to go over what I could get if I went the traditional route. I choose to sell to Opendoor and was very happy with the offer. I have already suggested Opendoor to 2 friends who are considering selling their properties. I would use them again with no hesitation!
(Phoenix) - Posted 5 days ago
Hi Nedra! We appreciate the review. Thanks for sharing, and wishing you all the best in this new chapter!
The Open Door reps were courteous, patient and professional. They helped us at every turn in the sale of our house.
(Dallas) - Posted 6 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience Morris and happy to hear that!
We had a very good experience with Opendoor. They gave us a very good price for our home and the process was simple and easy. We would definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone.
Wonderful to hear that it worked for you! Thanks for sharing your experience Mark.
Great service - simplifies and depressurizes the buying process. All Open Door contacts have been helpful and courteous.
Hi, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
For purchasing a home, the experience with open door has been easy and stress free. We had worked with a realtor in our home area and it was stressful, unsuccessful and I did most of the work in searching opportunities. When the realtor finally said, can't you get approved for more and called me crazy for not going through the hoops of scheduling viewings because the homes were being snapped up within hours of coming on the market, I had, had enough. I did a little research and found Opendoor and gave it a try. We found multiple properties in the location we really wanted to live in and submitted the offer. Within an hour I was contacted, we put it together and it was seamless and easy. Heather, who helped up, had the offer delivered that afternoon and stayed in contact with us. She walked us through the process of what's next and had made this a stress free as possible transaction. I would definitely use Opendoor again (but hopefully not for a while - lol). Thank you!
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Kerry.
Opendoor was absolutely amazing to work with! First the entire process of getting our home appraised was so simple. The offer was more than fair! Second, we were building a new house and our closing date changed multiple times. This was never an issue for Opendoor. They were flexible, friendly, and supportive during the entire experience. Finally, the checkout process was so easy! I highly recommend using Opendoor to sell your home.
(Minneapolis) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Tricia, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
It was a dream come true. We did not want to show our home with a toddler and dog while working full time. We sold a home quickly in the past but had multiple showings that were at 7-8pm and all day on the weekends. I think the consistency between what Open door advertised and what they did was the best part of the entire experience. They made us a fair offer and Julie was very easy to get in touch with to answer any questions. It was really an unbelievable experience and felt clean, consistent, expedient, with no hidden fees or costs and really great communication. We never felt pressure or any frustration. As I’m typing this I still can’t extol them enough. The virtual closing was the cherry on top. It is an amazing innovative concept with stellar follow through.
RT, This is great to hear! Thank you for supporting what we do and happy to hear you've had a great experience with us.
From the first message to the last one, everyone at OpenDoor was friendly and went out of their way to make this as smooth as possible. I could not have imagined it going any better! We were hesitant about choosing this method to sell our home but am so thankful that we did! The price was fair and communication was quick and easy. Thank you for taking so much of the stress away.
Hi Melissa! We appreciate the review. Thanks for sharing, and wishing you all the best in this new chapter!
Absolutely amazing way to sell my home, its was completed less then 10 days. Fair price and well coordinated and well informed of the process.
(San_antonio) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Vasu. We appreciate your feedback!
I strongly recommend to choose Opendoor as your realtor for your home buy opportunities
Happy to hear this and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
Honest, fair, transparent, responsive and stress-free - we can unreservedly recommend selling to Opendoor.
(Tucson) - Posted 3 weeks ago
So glad to hear this Bernard. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
I would use Opendoor again! They were excellent.
(Raleigh) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Rose, Thanks for the positive feedback and we appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! 💙
Tim our open door representative made it a hassle free experience. We didn’t have to show our home especially during COVID. They made us a priority and made us a great offer. We got to stay in our home while we built our new home. The follow up was great. Every time I had a question I would get a response within the day no later than 24 hours. Overall a wonderful experience
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the love Jocelyn! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Wish I called them sooner! Was a bit hesitant since reviews seem pretty mixed but we had a fantastic experience selling our home after we had to quickly move cross country. The offer was higher than we expected, though there were repair fees but then even with those fees, the commission and closing costs, we still liked the final dollar amount and being able to close within 2 weeks really helped seal the offer. The two weeks flew by and providing the necessary paperwork for closing was fairly simple and straightforward. We were able to upload everything online, get a handful of signatures notarized and overnight those with a prepaid label. Easy and convenient.
(Charlotte) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi John, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I made contact. They inspected the house (I was not present) and their offer was above what I think was retail. The offer and the expenses were clear, and title company was very good and and communication was good.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 1 month ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Joel.
I’ve used open door for a long time. Then I decided to go with a realtor. Coming back to open door was an amazing experience
So glad to hear this. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Opendoor is rated 4.01 based on 774 reviews