Rent North East Reviews

01913037778

accounts@rentnortheast.co.uk

104a Bewick Road

Tell us how Rent North East made you happy

"I've found anyone I have spoken to here friendly and informative."
Thank you Sinead! We look forward to getting you moved into your lovely new home!
"The viewing was dealt with very professionally and the person handing it was very helpful."
Thanks Mark, looking forward to getting you moved in!
"Very good service, easy online application, would reccomend to others"
"Very eager to make sure their renters are satisfied."
"Seems helpful, I hope for forgiveness of past and pray for future of happiness with this new property"
"Very helpful and nice people who will do their upmost to help as much as they can"
"Friendly polite staff happy to answer and quedtions and you can tell the applicant/tenant comes first. Thumbs up all round"
"It was convenient and professional, would recommend!"
"very good customer service freindly letting staff overall very good letting agents a +++++++++++++++ highly recomend"
"Place had faulty electrics reported in december I moved out in February with them still not fixed leaking roofs with water coming through the light fittings never fixed and I have already mentioned the electrics which I'm sure this would be adding to the problem - house was subsiding showing signs of severe cracking movement to the point a bedroom door fell off on my son again nothing was done not only that the house has been relet or under viewings without any of the problems being rectified"
Hi Beverley,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences as a tenant of Rent North East. I hope you are settling into your new home!

We take all complaints very seriously, and I have therefore checked the events on your account to see if there was anything that we could highlight to improve based on your feedback.

I have found, however, that the issues that you have reported were all attended to within our specified timeframes, and following correct procedures, as per the following:

(Locked records of the following are logged on our maintenance system, and are accessible to the DPS and PRS.)

Roof: This was repaired by the landlord before we took over the management of the property. Further issues were instructed to our roofer to be attended to, however he was unable to arrange access with you, despite attempting on various occasions.

Electrical issues: You requested that we rearrange the initial appointment to repair, due to personal issues, and you then asked that we wait until you move out to attend as you were busy packing.

Cracks in walls: The previous managing agents had two independent surveys carried out, both of which confirmed that there is no subsidence at this property. We did ask you to nevertheless keep us updated as to any further concerns that you may have had, which you were happy to do.

We have indeed let the property with works in progress to be completed before the new tenant moves in.

In summary, I have been unable to pinpoint any mistakes or misconduct at our end. We are always grateful for feedback which helps us to improve our service, and I would therefore be grateful for your clarification of the comments above.

Kindest Regards,

Jack

Rent North East
"Absolutely easy form to fill in"
"Great customer service and a friendly and helpful agent."
"So far I am finding them friendly and easy to deal with"
":)"
"Professional, friendly, and very efficient service!"
Thanks Yitzchok, it is a pleasure to work with you!
"Brilliant and very helpful in finding us a suitable home. The fees are also really reasonable and they do all they can to support you. I am not really one for using online services but Rent North East made it so simple it was almost easy."
Thank you Alexis! It has been a pleasure :-)

Best of luck in your new home.
"Fantastic easy helpful"
Thanks Peter! Looking forward to getting you moved in, ASAP :-)
"Such a friendly and professional company. Everything was made so simple and easy."
Thanks Stephanie! Looking forward to getting you moved in.
"Made my original viewing on a flat then they changed it last minute (I was already on my way) to a time that wasn't convenient to me. But they told me it HAD to be then, so I rearranged my plans to get there. When I arrived for the rearranged viewing, no one showed up. I had to phone them and then they made me stand for 45 minutes in the pouring rain while they got there, and was then rushed around the place. Then when I said I'd take the flat they rang me at 9:30pm asking for the admin fees straight away. They tried to charge me £100 over the advertised fee and I had to argue it with them. Then they told me I didn't need a guarantor on the flat, and I agreed to pay a bond, then they told me actually I DID need one so I had to convince someone to help me out with it (not easy, very stressful). Then when they sent me my tenancy agreement to sign, all the details were wrong in it. When I queried it they again tried to charge me money I didn't owe them. Then they sent me texts at 5am on a Sunday morning asking for money I didn't owe them. I've been dealing with them for nearly two months and in that time they've not got a single thing right. Massively unimpressed. I'm glad I hadn't signed anything and could back out of the deal."
Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for taking the time to review the service that you received from us.

We are so sorry! As you have pointed out, a series of mistakes occurred during the tenancy application process. Renting a new home should be an exciting experience, but for you it has been stressful and frustrating.

We have implemented the following changes to our procedures to try to ensure that these issues do not occur again:

Changes made to viewing calendar system to ensure better synchronizations (this was implemented further to your viewing, and has been very successful for over 130 viewings to date.)

Pre agreement terms now signed by tenant and landlord prior to application being processed to avoid any confusion and miscommunication.

We usually provide a great service, but we seem to have failed this time. We are so sorry about that, and await your email as discussed this morning to arrange your refund.

At Rent North East, we pride ourselves in our honest and open attitude, and in our constant striving to improve our services. We think that we have addressed all the issues that you have raised, but please let us know if you feel that we have more work to do.

Best wishes,

Jack

Rent North East
"if I have a problem I ring up speak too either jack or Deborah explain situation and they resolve matter for excellent service"
Thank you for your lovely review, you are a great tenant!

Jack & Deborah.