retailmerchantservices.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend retailmerchantservices.co.uk
1.3
Based on 32 reviews

Tell us how retailmerchantservices.co.uk made you happy
Awful company do not use. Have a faulty terminal which they can not sort over the phone so are having to send a new one out. Promised a new machine in 2-3 business days. This didn’t happen and phoned them today and was told it would be 5-8 days. Connecting to an Indian call centre who don’t listen to what they are being told. How do they expect businesses to trade with no card machine??
Not happy with this company at all. When you sign up it seems they give good rate but there is a big hidden fee and try and also customer service not good at all I request two time they said we will get back to you but never did.
Fraud / Mis-selling company Fraud / Mis-selling company Do not trust RMS they will either mis-sell you a contract or change it during the period of the contract. Our contract expired, when we requested our account to be closed they informed us we would have to pay up-to £1000 because we were still in the time period. They claimed we renewed the contract halfway through its period. We actually reported a faulty machine which was then replaced by an older machine. The rep then decided to class it as an upgrade renewal and extended the contract. At no point did we ask for this, just the card machine to be sorted so we can use it. We are now having to take this company to legal for a potential act of fraud. Something we could have done without. My advice is to avoid them!
Absolutely SHOCKING company!!!!! Avoid at ALL costs! Absolutely shocking company and customer care! We were told several times that we would be on a 30 day rolling contract and that there were no additional fees to what we had been quoted/told... completely the opposite! Customer service department do not have a clue! Do not respond to you at all. We have had several additional charges on our bill and also several payments taken that we don’t even know what it’s for, not to mention the fact we have been charged for a merchant account that hasn’t been set up plus another we never even took out!! We have been on the phone constantly. We have been over charged 3 months ago and still awaiting this money to be returned. The worst part is the man who came in to “sell” us these machines blatantly lied to both myself and my daughter saying there is no contract when in fact when you try to cancel they claim there is.. BE AWARE! We have a copy of one of the agreements which clearly states a termination date of 1 month from the sign up date!!!! But still expect us to pay them £1,500 to cancel and this is their offer against our complaint! Absolutely not!! We will be taking this further and will not be paying any more money to this shocking company!
Rep lied to my face, i had quote in writting for £100 pounds for machine then when rep arrives its then £300 pounds. no thanks
Absolute rip off, machines didn’t work and now they send bills from bailiffs Can’t contact them at all. Avoid
Scam company.. poor customer service and have lied every step of the way... do yourself a favour.. go elsewhere!
I was clearly told that, if I paid £299 for the machine, I would own it and never have to pay a rental again. I never did pay a rental again however, they now want the mahine back and say that I had paid for a membership and not for the mahine. I would not pay a penny for a membership with RMS. The poor service I received and lies seem to be very common with RMS.
Shame you can’t leave 0 stars. These guys are a bunch of thieves, avoid at all costs. I was attracted by extremely competitive rates, signed a contract in these rates but have now had them increased. You would think by changing a contract, you’d have the right to leave without penalty but as they’re a ‘membership’ and have the rights to adjust the terms from time to time without any protection for the user. So I either pay the far higher rates or pay £4.5k to leave. I will be taking them to court but be warned, stay away from RMS at all costs
The sooner this company goes under the better. They don't care about you or your company. Absolutely one of the worst companies i have had to deal with. Shop around and you will find better.
Scammers don't get a card machine from them.
I did the upgrade on my VX520 machine back in August and following that my machine wouldn’t work. I contacted customer service and got through to an overseas advisor. After a very frustrating half an hour during which I received such advice as to “disconnect Ethernet cable and blow on each end of the cable”I was then told my cable was faulty! I refused to accept this as I had used the cable to activate the upgrade so it couldn’t be faulty. After much huffing and puffing he finally sorted the problem out. The machine now prints out a receipt for every contactless payment which it didn’t do before and at the end of day batch it itemises every sale that has been taken that day. I am wasting rolls and rolls of paper. Despite a phone call to amend this it is still the same. After many many attempts to phone over the last ten days I finally got through today after waiting over half an hour. The minute I spoke the girl cut me off!, Thank you very much for that. I hope it made you feel good.
Poor response!!! No one to assist when faults happen! No service during weekends and long wait during weekdays!! Think twice before you choose them for your business!!!!!
Please trust everything written about these scum bags. Lie Cheat Fraudulently sign your name Bully you and threaten court action. Don't be frightened , trading standards know how bad they are so doubtful court action will occur.
I will start by saying that everything was fine until I had a problem with the hardware. It began on 28/7/21 when my card reader stopped working. I spoke to technical services the same day and was on the phone for over an hour to then be told that a replacement would be sent out but as I missed the cut off point of 3pm (this was at 3.10pm) I would have to have to wait 3 working days to receive it, I wasn't impressed by that, as our card sales have increased a great deal during the pandemic, and stated that fact. I did receive a letter two days later to say to avoid this situation occurring again they would charge me an extra £2.50 a month. I'm still waiting to receive a replacement device despite it being nine working days and phoning last Wednesday and AGAIN today,and I'm still waiting for a response.
Terrible company I have been a customer for around 12 years and I use to recommend them to everyone NOT anymore when my of my company directors left we changed all the details from his name to my name this was 3years ago and I change the name and address on the account when I changed the type of account I have I phoned them 3 weeks ago and they wouldn’t speak with me as I’m not the person on the account so I had to change all the detail again, I just phoned them to now talk about my account and surprise surprise the address is still wrong it took me 30 mins to get through and when I said I need to talk to someone about my account there was no one that could speak with me and a callback could wake upto 5 days this is just not acceptable I will now be cancelling my account and strongly advise others to do the same there are much better options out there they these jokers
Needed to ring customer services about installing a new upgraded machine. Service was beyond excellent from company representative Jason.
rubish service
as long as you don't believe a word they tell you and are happy to pay more than they quote you will be fine. The reason they tie you into a 3 year contract is they know if they don't you will leave so to the problems - Rep will turn up and offer you a better % rate than you are on but will not mention the interchange fees they add on which will make their rate much worse - then he will fill in lots of forms on his i-pad and present it for signing without you being able to read the forms (i found out later mine was 52 pages) he will put whatever he has to on the forms to get you to sign on the day on mine he put me down as a sole trader even though i told him it was a partnership - reason was i did not have my partners ID in the shop and if he does not sign you on the day he knows dam well you will have a chance to read the contract and never sign it. - so moving on the service was ok and the £'s arrived in my account within a few days i noticed i was paying more than with my last provider but life goes on and i just got on with it intending to revisit at the end of my contract then Covid hit and RMS showed their true colours being a small shop mandated to close we found that RMS wanted their pound of flesh and invoked the £20 minimum monthly fee - so with 10 months of my £15 a month contract to go i called to close the account and was told the closure fee was well over £800, when asked to explain the fee as in the remaining contract i would be paying them £150 they would not give a break down of fees - after talking to her manager they reduced the fee to just over £500 and i was told i could make an offer and she would put it to the manager - so i asked to talk to the manager and was told this was not possible - even though she just had. to sum up this company will lie and cheat to get you signed up offer no help in a pandemic then screw every penny out of you when you have had enough - DONT JUST DONT
Lying, theiving scum. Liars since day one. Left me without a working card machine for a month and a half last year costing me over £1500 in additional charges because I had to use iZettle machine or close my business. Now billing me for 3 different machines when the 2 non working ones have been returned.
retailmerchantservices.co.uk is rated 1.3 based on 32 reviews