Revolut Reviews

of reviewers recommend Revolut
Live Chat

Tell us how Revolut made you happy
AVOID AT ALL COST!!!
The app itself is really well designed, the customer service on the other hand... is rubbish or non-existent.They froze my account and asked me for documents to prove that is my salary.I send them a payslip they reply they want the last 3 months payslips.I send them the payslips they reply they want my bank statements for the last 3 months.How stupid and incompetent you need to be to ask me to provide bank statements from the same bank you work for?
Asked them if they have acces to my bank statements.
They replied "yes, of course".
Now they want my employment contract.
And keep playing this stupid game.
THEY STOLE £4268 FROM ME.
They keep telling me to use the in-app "live" chat but is just one chat active with the same "live" agent replying after 2 days.
You can't talk to someone else and you're stuck with the same incompetent named "Jordan".
There are a lot of people in the same situation that have nobody to complain to other than the "live" incompetent in the chat.
THERE IS NO PHONELINE.
I guess the rubbish or non-existent customer service is the price you have to pay for not using a reputable bank.
In my situation there are a lot of other people and this keeps repeating.
They always have the same automated dumb message wich is an apology for being incompetent but they are not willing to solve the problem either.
The dumb automated message I was talking about:
Revolut is a scam. They lure people in with their low exchange rates. If you need it for small amount currency exchange or to withdraw in a foreign country, it will do the trick. To use it as a bank or to make international transactions would be a disaster. Among others they have a very bad customer service and management, which is unpleasant and discriminating.
They requested lots of information for an international transaction. After it was provided they told they do not cooperate with the transferring bank. The reason is ridiculous. Especially because they knew the name of the bank from the beginning.
Also I have advised them to my friends. Which I know regret of having done. As you have to ask them for that bonus hanging on the stupid chat for days and those friends come back complaining about Revolut.
Therefore I decided to warn the rest. Do not use them for anything else than withdrawal or payment in foreign countries or avid altogether. There are better alternatives.
Hi there
The revolut blocked my accout despite I provided all documents what they asked and I can't trade with my investments and my money.
Unfortunately the customer service ignore me.
Absolute joke, their anti-fraud system is clearly not up to scratch. Account has been frozen for no reason - used the trading account to buy shares and now can’t get an answer on what happens with these shares. Customer service is almost non - existent and not very helpful. For a company that claims to radically change the banking industry, I’m afraid they have quite a lot of work to do yet!
My money is trapped in Revolut!!
My mobile app does not work and there is no way I can contact them to fix it, as the only contact method is in the app. They reply my reviews in other apps but their replies do not make any sense.
Revolut team just does not realize what kind of responsibility they have when dealing with peoples money!!
Not recommended at all as it seems like that this is not a technical issue but Revolut itself trapped my money.
Avoid like a plague, everything is hunky dory but if things go wrong expect terrible service, I referred a friend to revolut to get £17 referral bonus, I was told that I had the refer the friend by the 2nd of March, I sent the link and 1 friend decided to do it, they met all the criteria, waited for the card and used it which was the last criteria to be met, after a couple of days, neither of us had the bonus, I chatted to Revolut, they told me I missed the deadline, I was like no, my friend opened the account within the March 2nd deadline, no say revolut, they had to use the card as well as everything else before the 2nd March, my friend didn't receive the card until the 7th march, so the offer was basically impossible to achieve! Revolut did not seem to understand this fact and the guy I spoke to on the chat kept blaming it on me! Eventually after escalating they paid me the £17 as a Gesture of goodwill, I paid £12.99/month for the metal which apparently gives you priority support as well as other things, I dread to think how they treat free customers, but after paying this amount for well over a year to be treated so poorly is worse than experience I've had from what these NU Banks call the 'dinosaur' banks! I've now closed the account and you should be careful before opting for these charlatans as your digital bank of choice, I've just moved to Curve, so far much better!
WARNING. This app appear to be a scam.

I have deposited above 10k on my Revolut account, but I'm no longer able to access the app. It appears Revolut has blocked the account and when I try to get in contact with the company they're not replying.

DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION
Not only is there customer service a complete and utter joke but I got my card stolen and my sim card stolen by the same person, it took me 5 days, 6 selfie passport photos, hours of conversation and explanation of the app chat, 3 different agents, 2 of whom decide to tell me that I am the fradulant one in all of this to find out of my card has been stopped and access back into my account. All my money was stolen and more money was deposited from different stolen accounts into my account and used. Revolut did think once that this was all dodgy and let happen. On top of that the thief managed to take out £3,600 from a cash machine that morning, meaning unless you set it yourself your revolut card has not limit of cash you can draw out. Revolut have refused to refund me my money squarely blaming me and suggesting I helped the thief steal from me. Stay away from this company, honestly can even speak to a human being. The Police man I am dealing with over the crime even wrote to them and then told me afterwards dont use this people, they are worse the thief himself.
Revolut customer assistance is the worst I have ever saw or experienced. Unable to make contact to anyone for 4 days at this time.
I do not mind being subjected to a security review but I do mind is being unable to clear the review for weeks as no one will respond on the app. As this is the only way to contact them you are stuck. Don’t risk it. Avoid Revolut.
Really enjoyed being a customer of Revolut, until some compliance cretin decided to conduct a “review” of my account, I was locked out of the account (and still am) subject to this “review”, unacceptable! I have no idea when I’ll be able to access those funds again, and have requested the account be closed and monies transferred to alternate account, this will inevitably also take 400 years for said cretin to action. Avoid, avoid, and avoid, letter of claim issued to recover the funds I hasten to add...
Stay away, absolutely awful service. It's been 2 weeks now and had no answer at all!?!? Unbelievable.
STAY AWAY!

I'm using Revolut for around a year now, on business account basis. My account is disabled for over 10 days now, as a business account using only Revout for daily bank usage im now unable to send any payments to all my service providers and I can not receive any payments from my customers.

Revolut are criminals, hurting business working with them, I already filled a compliant with the FCA and hope to see it solved soon.

Until now everything was smooth, incoming and outgoing, and still - I will never recommend anyone to use their services, do it only if you wish to loos all the money on the account at some point.

On one end they try to show themselves as a regulated EMI and on the other end they treat their customers as last priority, doing what every they want, wild west style. not giving any time frame, not asking any question, just telling me that it can take as much as needed (years even).

STAY AWAY!
The experience with Revolut Customer Service is the most painful experience i have every had with a bank - only in-app messages to communicate with them, no notification of your phone that they have responded, no contact number, no email address......and they only communicate through the app.
What financial institition does not have a contact number? Dont use Revolut, you will regret it if you need to communicate with anyone......i had a request to provide 'source of funds' for an incoming GBP transaction and they wanted all kinds of ridiculous proof of funds, any other Bank picks up the phone and speaks to their client to resolve the issue, not these guys, they use the app to frustrate their client. No other bank in the UK works like them, and i would be surprised if they are still around in a years time. Deleted the app and will never use them again
DO NOT USE REVOLUT FOR BUSINESS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS IS THE SECOND REVIEW I AM WRITING ABOUT THIS ABSOLUTE JOKE OF A PLATFORM. 7 DAYS AGO WE WERE PAID FUNDS FROM A CLIENT FOR PAYMENT OF INVOICES. HOWEVER REVOLUT WILL NOT CLEAR THE PAYMENTS 7 DAYS ON WITH NO REASON AND NO TIME FRAME FOR RESOLVE. WE HAVE AS SUCH HAD TO DEFER PAYMENTS TO SUPPLIERS AND STAFF AND HAVE WASTED OVER 5 HOURS OF ENDLESS LIVE CHATS WITH REVOLUT REPS JUST REPEATING THEMSELVES DAY IN DAY OUT. AGAIN DO NOT OPEN A REVOLUT ACCOUNT. YOUR MONEY MAY BE HELD FOR DAYS ON END AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.
DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A REVOLUT BUSINESS ACCOUNT. IT IS A COMPLETE JOKE HOW BAD THE SYSTEM IS AND IS LIKE GOING BACK 20 YEARS IN BANKING. I HAVE HAD 5 OCCASIONS WHERE FUNDS EITHER LEAVING OUR ACCOUNT OR INBOUND TRANSFERS NOT CLEARING AND JUST SHOW AS PENDING. REVOLUT THEN JUST SAY THEY WILL LOOK IN TO IT BUT THE TURNAROUND TIMES ARE A JOKE AND ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE WHEN RUNNING A BUSINESS THAT IS DEPENDANT ON CASH FLOW.
Everything is smooth. Travelled in many countries with Revolut, I can suggest it to everyone!
Very bad. Customers experience is frustrating. No customer value.
Terrible (non-existent) customer service... unlike conventional banks, Revolut will freeze a customer's account with, it seems, very little reason. Whilst Revolut claims that these are just "routine reviews" they can stretch for weeks or months with little or no information to the customer. Ask yourself a question - would you deposit money in a bank account where the money could be frozen and kept from you for months with no reason given, no SLA or timescale for resolution? Avoid Revolut at all costs... no email, no telephone, just "live" chat that frequently takes DAYS to get a reply
Horrible company. They block your money without notice.
Revolut is rated 1.21 based on 67 reviews