RIAS Reviews

of reviewers recommend RIAS
Read RIAS Reviews

customerservice@rias.co.uk

Tell us how RIAS made you happy
Felt like i had been mugged when they asked for another £42 because i had put the wrong date i had purchased the car. And i wouldnt have got used to the car in two years and more likely to have an accident.
My Mother sadly passed away two weeks ago.

She had taken contents insurance for her house from Riaz and been with them for a number of years.

Upon her passing, I contacted Riaz to inform them of the same.

The gentleman (using the term loosely) that I spoke to seemed more interested in recovering the last premium payment (due out of her account some 7 days after she passed) than actually offering any sentiment of condolence.

However, like my mother taught me, I firmly believe that a debt of any kind (in this case £14.25) needs to be settled & gave them my name & contact details to facilitate the same.

Today I received a letter from Riaz at my (not my mother’s address) addressed to my mother stating there was an outstanding balance and demanding settlement within 7 days of the date of the letter (dated some four days earlier).

There was no reference to the fact she was recently deceased.

Please do not misunderstand me, I was not expecting a condolence card and flowers, but a professionally worded letter addressed to me at my address (AND NOT HER) referencing my earlier report of her passing stating there was an outstanding amount would have been perfectly acceptable... Dare I even suggest a remark noting sympathy???

Instead, my Mum (NOT ME) at my address receives a needlessly poorly toned and possibly threatening letter demanding payment.

One can only conclude the Riaz are either unprofessional, disorganised, incompetent, don’t really care about their clients or are possibly in such troubled times that £14.25 could make or brake them to such a degree that they have to send such a shocking letter to a recently deceased person!

Disgusted!!!!

After calling them to again state I would settle the amount and objecting to the letter, they did write off the out-standing balance, but frankly, not nearly sufficient for my anger with them to subside!

Would strongly discourage anyone from using them!
Scrapped car. Could not afford it. £80.98 cancellation fee! You having a laugh?
They asked me for a copy of my V5 as I had provided different purchase dates for the car. Provided my V5 and because I was a month out on the date, was charged an additional £73 on top of my policy. Canceled the policy straight away. Very unhappy!
Not as good as your firm
Unethical. Deliberately difficult. Insurance is supposed to be a safeguard and comfort that can be relied upon when things go badly wrong. Rarely have I dealt with a company that saught as many ways to wriggle out of a genuine claim as RIAS. Call after call (which took hours). Having to send ridiculous levels of proof, which even my solicitor said was outrageous, and still they tried to avoid paying out. I stuck with it although it wore me out and got close to a full settlement. I was doing it on behalf of my Mum, hence my perseverance. For anyone elderly or lacking knowledge, it would be impossible. Shameful company. Wish I could put negative marks.
My wife insured with Rias who has never ever had an accident in 40 years, never had a conviction for anything has been refused a second car insurance by this rubbish Company. States on her insurance 9 yrs + no claims and even refused to take that into consideration on insuring a 2001 Toyota Rav 2ltr 2 door. Get real please. Got our House insurance with this Company as well. Cant wait for it to end as with the car insurance. We are going elsewhere. Would not recommend this lot to anybody. They need to enter the real world. lol. Much better company is Performance Direct. Top service and better prices.D.B
My claim was sorted within a couple of hours. I was totally without blame for the RTC. RIAS even provided me with a car so that l could get to work that afternoon.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
All very easy and straight forward to insure and also when my husband had an accident sorted very easily and the settlement came through without any problems
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
I am quite satisfied with all aspects of my dealings with Rias
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
? Very pleased. A very competitive quote.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Following 40% increase in premium I eventually negotiated their `phone system to cancel renewal. 11 days later they wrote to say they had renewed cover anyway, using last years payment card. Subsequently also ignored my request for an explanation and what was being done to avoid a recurrence. No apology from a named person with a job title, rather a feeble cowardly sorry from `the team`. Still, they can always tout for my business again next time Hell freezes over.
On the plus side I obtained better cover for less cost than the previous year.
DRF
Won't use them again .
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
So far, so good.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Excellent website, online advisors and assistance with claim. A very good value policy.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Not really interested in customer needs
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
have not made any claims
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Easy to deal with and at that time the offer was good - never had to make a claim so cannot advise how good or bad
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Much cheaper than all other quotes for same level of cover, not made a claim and hopefully won’t have to,
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
RIAS does not allow you to transfer your no claims discount to its car insurance policies even though you may have very good proof from your previous insurer. Nor does it give a good reason for rejection of NDC. Avoid this company.
RIAS is rated 4.02 based on 1,423 reviews