SideTrak Reviews

of reviewers recommend SideTrak
Read SideTrak Reviews

About SideTrak:

SideTrak ultra-portable monitor for easy work on-the-go! SideTrak simply attaches to your laptop to effortlessly travel with you or stay at home! Wherever you work (or play) – take your SideTrak along to get your tasks done faster.

customerservice@sidetrak.com

2700 Prosperity Ave., Suite 290

Tell us how SideTrak made you happy
SideTrak 5 star review on 14th July 2020
SideTrak 5 star review on 17th April 2020
Gold C
SideTrak 5 star review on 17th April 2020
Gold C
Dual monitor is a must have on a laptop, however, the build quality of a Side Track is poor. The monitor sags down when full extended and the slide mechanism has no inner workings and takes a bit of manhandling to extend, then sags at end of track. USB chord, I received one with the monitor and it is about a foot too long and if bumped, the monitor and laptop glitch every 6 seconds or so after bumping and a restart is needed. Having a dual monitor whether duct taped to your laptop or the magnetic version helps working efficiencies no doubt, however, I would seek another brand with a more stable mounting and sliding mechanism if I had not purchased a Side Track.
The monitor is wonderful. The USB cable (USBc port) is a piece of trash. The least little movement will cause the pin to move and it takes some adjustment to seat it in the monitor. The pin on the USBc port has been easily dislodged on every SideTrack cable I had. I received 2 cords when I received the monitor (short (maybe 15-18") and one about 3' long. The short one was a bust about 10 days in ... the long one lasted for a little longer. I did contact customer service via email and will receive a replacement in the next several days. In the meantime, I ordered a SideTrack USB cable from Amazon - received the short one and it broke right away. What the heck?? I know to be careful with cables and such but, with the way you have to slide the track out (firmly), the port can get dislodged. Why does a cable for a $300 monitor so easily bend? Unfortunately, regular USB/USBc cables don't work. I hope SideTrack will reengineer their special USBc port.
Monitor is fabulous!!! As a teacher, it has been a tremendous help during our hy-flex model of instruction. Invaluable really. The cable? Well that is another story. See next review.
SideTrak is sweet! It makes it a lot easier when I travel for work and need to multi-task.
Very nice quality
Great tool that is a space saver and efficiency generator in one. I love this device and extremely happy with the purchase.
This monitor would be great- if you could see anything on it. Images appear so much smaller than the laptop display that it effectively makes it unusable. According to customer support there’s no way to adjust the view (except make it smaller). And there’s no fix for the issue- I’ve reached out to them twice, and Cody from tech support basically told me “yeah, you’re $h!t outta luck.” He said engineering doesn’t have a fix and suggested I zoom the view on the program I’m using, which isn’t always an option. The other suggestion of reinstalling the software made no difference, and then they stopped responding to my emails. Unfortunately, after receiving it I just set it up to make sure it worked and then had to set it aside for a while before actually working with it and discovering there’s no way to adjust the view. So returning it isn’t an option or I would have done that, because it really was a waste of money. I want to love this product and in every other way it works great, but if I can’t see what’s on the screen there’s not much point. And since they don’t seem interested in trying to fix the issue, I would recommend against this product to any friends/family/you.
The SideTrak is an outstanding product! It is exactly what I need for my work laptop. Now that I am working from home, this is the perfect product that allows me to have a second monitor no matter where I am working! I can work from any room in the house and also take it with me to the cabin and work! The product was delivered quickly. The packaging is solid and the SideTrak arrived safely! And as an added piece, the packaging is very appealing and am saving it just in case I need to store the product in the future. The written directions and set-up tutorials were very easy to read, watch and follow! Very simple and quick set-up process! SideTrak's service is stellar! Their CS team responds quickly and answers all of my questions! They also proactively check back via email to make sure I do not need additional assistance! I also worked with the same CS associate in all of my correspondences. I loved that consistency! I am telling everyone at work about the SideTrak! Thank you for a great product and fabulous service!
The 2nd monitor is very helpful when I come to my work and doing my homework. I am loving this thing!! Thanks 😊
SideTrak 5 star review on 14th July 2020 SideTrak 5 star review on 14th July 2020
I have purchased THREE cords so far from SideTrak and TWO of them have already broken. Worse part is that the third cord I still have has barely been used and I fear will ALSO break very soon too. Is there any alternative to your cord product? May I purchase another one from a 3rd party that is much more durable? Is there something I'm doing wrong in using it? Please send me another one and let me know how I can resolve this repeat problem. Other than this issue - I really LOVE the SideTrak product and would strongly recommend it to anyone. Thanks!
Easy to install and works and looks as expected.
The SideTrak feels cheaply made, and isn't really sturdy enough to hold itself up well. The monitor also periodically freezes up and I have to wait a few seconds for the screen to reset itself. On the other hand, it's the only dual-monitor setup I've used that is so portable, so I don't completely regret it.
As my job transitioned to a remote employment, SideTrak fit the need perfect to replace my dual screen desktop I was using at work. I found it to be pretty simple with setup and it has worked flawlessly for me for several weeks. I use this product with a MacBook Pro 13inch laptop 40 plus hours a week. If you watch their videos you will find several helpful tips. In one video she mentions how they are durable and I have found mine to be pretty tuff. I have no problems with it staying attached and with dual screen view flows together very nicely. Thank you SideTrak for bringing this product to the market.
The sidetrack has saved my at-home covid work experience! It has helped so much having a second monitor and it doesn't take up the room a normal one would. I can put my work laptop away and turn off for the night or weekend and not have it still lingering in my view, reminding me of work all the time. When I travel again (when will that be?!), I can't wait to have this along. I have had so many long hours of work in a hotel room struggling to review data or multiple documents at the same time. The sidetrack will help save my sanity! The sidetrack works great, was so easy to install, adjusts well, and isn't a big extra weight. Thrilled I bought it!
The SideTrak has been a game changer for my productivity. The speed at which I can process tasks has increased exponentially by having this portable device. Sharing information amidst Covid precautions has become much easier thanks to this product. Highly recommend it!
This is definitely a game changer. I hate having large desktop monitors to dock my laptop on as they take up too much room. So whenever I saw this I bought it immediately not knowing what to expect. I can definitely tell you it has changed my quality of work life as I don't have to use my docking station anymore and I can use this anywhere I go. I frequently travel and this goes everywhere with me. I also bought my sister one and she has said the same thing. I've recommended this to my colleagues as well. Wonderful wonderful device!
The SideTrak is an absolute game changer, particularly now in this remote working environment 😊
SideTrak 5 star review on 13th June 2020
It’s great, I mean it does what it’s supposed to do. But the screen is a little dark and the frame it slides out on could do with being a little more sturdy.
It’s great, it doesn’t what it’s supposed to do. But the screen is a little dark and the frame it slides out on doesn’t feel very strong.
Finding this sidekick was a game changer for me. I use it in the kitchen, on the patio and In the car on road trips, it is so convenient to just slide out and so easy to set up I can’t say enough good things about it. Love love love it!!
SideTrak is rated 4.54 based on 152 reviews