Sport Chek Reviews

7AM

Tell us how Sport Chek made you happy

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Under an hour
"Wow I don’t even know how to completely explain the horrible experience I’ve had with Sport Chek , not only have I not received my original package from them because it was lost on the mail but now I was tricked into paying for another pair of more exspensive shoes with the promise of a refund within four to eight hours of my new purchase .The manager was supposed to call me back today as a promise from the first employee I had talked to I never received this call Instead was just directed to another employee . This employee had me on the phone for an hour saying that if I found a new pair of shoes they would match the price of the other shoes I paid for (which at the time I just wanted my significant other to have something to open Christmas Day ) after I placed the order for this new pair of shoes which was double the price of the original pair of shoes I ordered weeks ago the employee told me I would not receive any refund until I received the package that was lost in the mail and returned it . Which Was supposed to be delivered on December 12 it is now the 20th of December my package is lost and I will Not receive it .To make this situation worse I’m on maternity leave and that 140 dollars that was literally taken from my account with a promise of return within the 4 to 8 hour time frame was my money for formula for my child . Before I even purchased the second pair of shoes online the employee was told my situation about this being my child’s formula money and knew I would be screwed without it and would need to be sure of the refund today . As explaining to the employee after wards how unprofessional and literally heart wrenching this was for me that I’d now have to figure out a way to buy formula for my child (I shouldn’t have believed him ) he hung up on me . I called back to see if they would try in some way justify the situation the new employee I talked to basically told me I wouldn’t receive my money for five business days and that there was nothing they could do for me . I explained my situation again and I literally was told the exact same thing there’s nothing we can do for you I can’t promise you a call back in the morning either . I’ve worked in the customer service industry for years and I would never go out of my way to bash or try to bring down a company’s name for anything but when someone is literally taking food out of my child’s mouth with nothing to improve the situation what else should I be doing to be heard ? There lack of compassion and unprofessionalism is appalling not to mention being confirmed that all of there online orders are covered by insurance . There customers have no security at all with any purchases they are trying to thrive off online shopping . Mistakes happen I get that but the lack of empathy or compassion and all Of the empty promises With no refund from either purchase I will never buy from them again and I will tell everyone of my experience"
Are you Sport Chek? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
" I bought polar m400 in their website for my boyfriend ' Christmas gift. When i opened the outer package box, it was already ripped open. I knew it was a returned item.  He told me later he thought same thing but didn't want to embarrass me.  When he tried to set up the watch, it was already set up with  previous owner's information and wouldn't let him input his info. So he tried to call and email sport check but no answer. So he downloaded mannual and did factory reset which allowed him to set his info. When i heard that I offered him to return and get a new one but he didn't want to go through that again. Product seems fine but I spent over $150 total over my budget to surprise him and it ruined my plan with embarrassment. I will never buy anything from sportchek online again!"
"Went to sport check and they had ZERO NFL paraphernalia. Garbage SPORTS store. Tons of crappy and overpriced hiking gear and yoga pants though."
"I often purchase online and I've always been 100% satisfied until this recent purchase experience. I placed an order and it appears to be stuck in limbo. It has not been shipped and no one can answer why. I've made numerous calls to your "help desk" and I've emailed. Still not shipped. You took my money and emailed me a receipt. I asked if the item was out of stock and was told that it was not. So in the meantime I wait."
"I am sorry I could not give lower. Ordered a product on line, it did not delvier because of an error on sportchek website and as a result is was returned. They would not offer the same price or reship the product. Terrible customer service, blamed me, for the label issue even though the 4 other items I ordered arrived."
"Saw boots on sale Black Friday and web indicated stock available at nearby store in the 2 sizes I was interested in. Immediately went over and no stock on hand. Sales rep offered to place order on line for me. Item shipped Nov. 24 via CANADA POST Expedited Parcel. Item is now stuck in Canada Post black hole with expected delvery now Dec. 13 though every day it keeps slipping. Spoke to customer service and they said that regardless of complaints they continue to ship via Canada Post. Why??? In consideration Rep sent me 15% promo discount to use for future web purchase. Forget it ! Will never shop on line with them again!"
"Absolutely terrible. I ordered a pair of shoes that are now over a week late. They said due to Canada post delays, but I was given no notice of this until the parcel was shipped. Now have been waiting two weeks with no ability to track order. No apology. No refund. I will never buy from sportchek again. Customer service represtetive Megan was very rude."
"Great customer service from Hassan at Kamloops. He went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied. Please let him know."
"There is no selection for mens compare with womens, poor store"
"I recently ordered a pair of shoes from the sportchek website. I just received it today. I open the box and it is noticeable that there are some defects with it in terms of its looks. I am particularly big on how the shoe looks, the fact that there are noticeable faults with the shoe that anyone can pick up upsets me. Buying products from online clearly means that the company is just dumping any products they can't sell in store due to everything wrong with it. In side the box for the shoe also had a few hairs in it, the very least they could have done was make sure the shoe and the box was clean. This may sound ridiculous but I'm big on cleanliness and the aesthetic of my products. But clearly sportchek has different philosophies and only give what they can't sell otherwise so looks like i'm never buying online again."
"Recently made on online order on Sportschek.ca. Knowing that Canada Post was on strike still decided to ship the item using them. When I contacted customer service the rep was not helpful at all and her answer was pretty much just deal with it. Never again dealing with Sports chek again."
"I ordered a swimming cap online, and when the product arrived , it was used and hair still in it, so gross. how can not check the product before shipping it. Awful. If i can rate it zero star I would."
"Received pants that are very different than they looked on line. I was told I would have to pay to return them. I think the customer service representative on the phones was high, because he was extremely confused and unprofessional."
"I wouldn't recommend SportChek. Customer service is terrible both in store and online. They don't listen to customer concerns. Still waiting for my sons shoes, will take two weeks to receive them."
"Store did not have ANY x-country ski equipment in the store in November. Who is going to want summer equipment in Saskatchewan in November?! Does not even stock alot of their merchandise, so needs to be purchased online. Gift card would not work online - so would have had to go both in store and online. Employees were kind enough, but not knowledgeable in the least. No knowledge at all about what they were selling, no idea what they had in stock or what could be gotten that was not in stock. I do not want to support a company that does not have educated employees and is doing their best to replace employees that they do have (ONLY available online). It is also clear that Atmosphere and Sportchek are run by the same company as their website are nearly identical, and both stores have many items available ONLY online. I will certainly be taking my business elsewhere to an establishment that at least makes an attempt to know what they are talking about."
"Very Poor Customer Service! I ordered something online and Canada Post stated it was delivered; however, I never received it. When I contacted Customer Service, they initially stated wait a couple of days and if you still don't receive it, call back and we'll cancel your order. When I called back in 2 days, they advised that I had to wait another 5 days and then call back again......and was left on hold for over 15 minutes....When I advised that I needed the item purchased sooner than that, they suggested I place another order. Why would I place another order when I never received the first one....yet have paid for it.......Will not order from them again!"
"I ordered a jacket worth $45 and mittens last October 1 and got it by Oct 10 but I got a pair of gloves ($14.95) instead plus the mittens. I called customer service and they provided me a return slip and told me to send it back by Canada post and said that I dont have to pay for anything YET when I went there, Canada post is asking me to pay for a fee. Not only it’s hustle but disappointing as well. Like a jacket is way different from a pair of gloves. Maybe don’t offer online shopping if you wouldn’t do it correctly then. Now I can’t call them back because it’s a Saturday."
"ordered golf clubs online sept25 after 3 days i received no confirmation of my order so called customer service and told my order was still being sourced, went online and located 7 sets of clubs in ontario within 5 hours of my address. another call to customer service and again wait a little longer. week 2 i receive email stating my clubs are being shipped from edmonton, when i received them on the carton is big black letters missing clubs, once i opened the box there was two missing clubs along with no head covers, and best of all electronic security devices were still attached, also not packing material to protect the clubs. Another call to customer support and told to ship them back which i did and sport chek received them. i called again questioned as why i had not received a refund same ole answer wait 5 days. i again called and asked if they could ship another set of clubs but not unless i was willing to place another online order and pay full amount, found another set of clubs online from discount golf and asked if sport chek would price match no way so thought i would share how sport chek cares less about customer service, shame on your unethical business practice. i have visited my local sport chek retailer and the manager was very understanding and appalled at how my order was treated.Russ"
"I received excellent customer service from the London Ontario Sportschek Manager Michael and his sales staff member Kelly. They went beyond excellent customer service to help myself locate and receive a product that was not available online or in my local store. I would highly recommend using this location"
"Very bad customer service. I went to get skates and staff kept entertaining one customer and ignored me. He then disappeared from the counter. When asked with another staff for assistance she kept giving excuses and rude attitude."
Sport Chek is rated 2.11 based on 66 reviews