Sport Chek Reviews

6PM
Click Here

Tell us how Sport Chek made you happy

Over a week
"I ordered a jacket worth $45 and mittens last October 1 and got it by Oct 10 but I got a pair of gloves ($14.95) instead plus the mittens. I called customer service and they provided me a return slip and told me to send it back by Canada post and said that I dont have to pay for anything YET when I went there, Canada post is asking me to pay for a fee. Not only it’s hustle but disappointing as well. Like a jacket is way different from a pair of gloves. Maybe don’t offer online shopping if you wouldn’t do it correctly then. Now I can’t call them back because it’s a Saturday."
Are you Sport Chek? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"ordered golf clubs online sept25 after 3 days i received no confirmation of my order so called customer service and told my order was still being sourced, went online and located 7 sets of clubs in ontario within 5 hours of my address. another call to customer service and again wait a little longer. week 2 i receive email stating my clubs are being shipped from edmonton, when i received them on the carton is big black letters missing clubs, once i opened the box there was two missing clubs along with no head covers, and best of all electronic security devices were still attached, also not packing material to protect the clubs. Another call to customer support and told to ship them back which i did and sport chek received them. i called again questioned as why i had not received a refund same ole answer wait 5 days. i again called and asked if they could ship another set of clubs but not unless i was willing to place another online order and pay full amount, found another set of clubs online from discount golf and asked if sport chek would price match no way so thought i would share how sport chek cares less about customer service, shame on your unethical business practice. i have visited my local sport chek retailer and the manager was very understanding and appalled at how my order was treated.Russ"
"Very bad customer service. I went to get skates and staff kept entertaining one customer and ignored me. He then disappeared from the counter. When asked with another staff for assistance she kept giving excuses and rude attitude."
"Do not buy a bike from the Keaton location, I had nothing but problems with the bike when I asked for a refund within the 60 day policy I was told no I left bike at the store because it had become unsafe for my son to ride."
"When you call in to the customer service line they are rude and arrogant. How are these people still employed. I truly hope all calls are recorded"
"Waited 20 minuets for someone to help us in the shoe department. Staff walked passed us and ignored us. I finally found someone to help us who then disappeared for 10 minutes and we eventually left without getting any service. I spoke to the manager who simply said I’m sorry I will talk to staff. Obviously managers nor the on floor staff any kind of customer service training. The manager definitely has no leadership training and is not equipped to handle or deal with customer complaints. Word of advice, invest in training your staff including your managers. Hire qualified managers and not teenagers to teach your staff."
"I ordered size two shoes for my daughter for back to school. Was sent a size one in a size two box. Simple mistake. Was told i would have to return shoes to the store but I do not drive and cannot return shoes to the store. Then was told i would have to mail them back, wait for a refund and order again! I would not be guaranteed shoes in time for school. Very poor customer service considering it was their error."
"Sharing my experience, first time I buy from sportchek online, bought a Suunto Ambit3 Peak Black for a good price (maybe 25% off or something) well, after few days of tracking via Canadapost package arrived, the surprise was that there is a watch package inside but there was no watch!!!! Immediatly I called customer service and barely controlled my anger explained what happened well... they guy said all will be fixed and it is a mistake and they could have grabbed the display watch box instead of a one with the watch in, I received no e.mail or call as customer service guy said to explain when they will send me what I bought and paid 228 CAD for!!"
"Ordered some muse meditation devices for my staff. Used the 10% sign up bonus code. Order put on hold the next day with instructions to call a security number. 3 calls and over 2:20 h on hold later, I’m told there is no issue and the credit card issuer confirmed all my information. I’m forced to reorder without the one time use code, unless I call customer support again and stay on hold another 2-3 hours. NO THANKS SPORT CHEK."
"Avoid. Ordered shoes online, they lost the shipment, I had to call to chase it. Four weeks later still no shoes. Called and they just gave up and refunded me. Waste of time."
"Online inventory does not reflect reality- visited store and they didn't have what the website indicated they had in stock, for 2 different products. Took them 25min of looking to confirm. Ended up ordering online, still no updates 7 days after ordering (despite website indicating product was in same major city was me!) Failing at online retail."
"Couldnt find stock at local stores so ordered $700 merino wool base layers gifts online. Big mistake...6 pc order was delivered in dribs and drabs. Womens top delivered wrong twice. Girl on phone at .ca said website was screwed up...go see a store to get help. Yeah for Stratford store...tried real hard...but held back by .ca. 2 trips to store for returns....nobody at .ca cares to find correct top. Final solution is to offer me 15% off? Big deal...I want the correct top I ordered! I dare you .ca to make me happy!"
"Ordered shows on line and received the wrong shoes. I had to return them and re-order only to receive the wrong shoes again. When I called this time I was just told sorry and to return them to the store. my son now has no Christmas gift. I called back to speak to a supervisor and have yet to hear from anyone. I have 2 invoices from Sportcheck since the first pair I returned wasn't reimbursed yet and a pair that I now have to go out of my way to return to get my money back. And that is if they even do it cause my receipt is for a different pair of shoes. I am outraged and Sport check customer service wont even contact me to discuss"
"Went in to get my skates sharpened in the bowmanville store because my normal place was closed. Started to get scolded like a 2 year old by the old fart who does their skate sharpening about the amount of rust and how deep it was, then proceeded turn his back in disgust while he continuosly shook his head stating how he was't a big fan of taking off so much blade then came back rudely placing the skates down infront of me staring at me pissed by that point watching him shaking his head for the last 10 min my patience was gone. So I began to inform him that my wife past away just last year from battling breast cancer for 5 yrs and thats why my skates weren't taken care of because I was busy nursing my dieing wife and his only defence was he cared well too bad he didn't care about clientele as much as the gear. Then to find out the next day that they let my son go seeing my name come up on the register as I payed at the cash. What a sad state that a store management would dissmiss a good kid because of their employee being told how wrong his behavior was. That staff is a bunch of useful uncaring gruop obviously to me lead by the management staff the would be so vindictive to fire a 15 yr old on his first who sacraficed playing in provincials for his Clarington Colts to not miss a shift and work to holidays to just be let go by a bunch of heartless lame individuals. SHAME "
Sport Chek is rated 1.85 based on 104 reviews