Sport Chek Reviews

Ana
Sport Chek 1 star review on 3rd April 2020
Sport Chek 1 star review on 6th March 2020
More Photos & Videos
Purchased a Yeti Cooler online it showed up in a open box and damaged. Looked like a demo or returned product.
“Will never shop here again”

Customer service phone : cant get through becus of covid

FGL : Parent company customer service link down.

After submitting online form received email saying they cant address the inquiry due to covid.

Due to covid... they cant answer customer email... yet they are continuing to sell their products.

Further more, returns can be made within 45 days after store opens.

This can be months.

Their business practice is unethical.
Will never shop here again
Ordered bikes.
Took 3 weeks.
Wrong BiKe.
Customer service phone : cant get through becus of covid
FGL : Parent company customer service link down.

Further more, returns can be made within 45 days after store opens.
This can be months.

Their business practice is unethical.
I ordered shoes and the wrong ones were shipped. I had to mail these back, wait till they were received, then wait longer to get a refund, just to order the shoes I originally ordered in the first place. This took over 2 weeks. When the shoes came again, they were wrong AGAIN. I was offered a measly promotional code that didn't even work. I have been trying to get ahold of their support line, they will not answer. And now, the shoes I originally wanted are no longer in stock. This is hands down the worst online shopping experience I've ever had. I will never order from Sport Chek again.
Ordered a hoodie online and received the wrong one. I was very disappointed to say the least. Nobody answers the customer service line that their website tells you to call. Guess I have to wait until a store opens?
I purchased a John Tavares hockey jersey for his birthday and when the package finally arrived they left the security tag on. you can't call for online help you can email them but been over 3 days no response. I will never buy from them again this is unacceptable as I work in an insurance company and we were able to mobilize all our employees home but seems sports chek didn't and they only care about new orders not servicing the ones the screw up on.
Will not accept exchange at the moment so I'm forced to return the item but need a return authorization number to do it, been calling customer service and keep getting cut off without even getting a chance to wait for hours, WORDT CUSTOMER SEVICE AND RETURN POLICY!! BUYER BEWARE!! SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!
Worst company ever. Understand there's a pandemic in the world but it doesn't mean you're completely brain dead from it. Ordered some bicycle tubes, gloves and a helmet. The packing list shows all items but they never included the helmet. Is there it a double check to ensure all items in the order are correct before finalizing shipment? Items came in a small packet bag and noted as 1 of 1. Called customer service and they asked some questions and said would get back to me in 5 business days to try to rectify the situation. Clearly the helmet cannot for into a bag that is 8.5"x11"x2" that already contains 3 bicycle tubes and a pair of gloves. Just send the helmet or refund me immediately. How is waiting 5 days going to solve my issue when I am speaking to a customer service representative already when I first call? How is this company managed? Ridiculous.
Ordered bikes for my kids. For easter. Got one and put it together to find out the rim was warped. They said we needed to send the whole bike back. Only option was to buy another one right away so It was in by easter. When we recieved the second one same problem (it wasnt the same bike since we still had the first one waiting on a return lable). After 2 weeks for waiting for return labels we finaly ship them back and have been waiting weeks for our refund. The 2nd bike we ordered came with scratches all over the frame..at this point since everything else worked we just decided to keep it...then our oldest wanted a bike aswell. So we ordered her a bike. Weeks have went by and still nothing. Have called and everyone passes the buck to the next guy. We then ordered our fourth bike since the deal was good. Got that one in 2 days. Still haven't to this day received even a tracking number for my oldest kids bike. So over a month and a half sportcheck has $250.00 hostage. And a bike that was supposed to be here weeks ago that still hasn't received a tracking number. We have received nothing for the inconvenience or even a straight forward answer. If this bike ever comes I will NEVER buy from this clusterfuck of a store ever again...
Completely disappointed and I will never shop Sport Check again. 4 orders in a row I was shipped used items. That is totally unacceptable. This wastes a great deal of my time and it takes FAR TOO LONG to get a refund when you have to return an item ordered online back by mail.
Ordered skis with bindings and they never sent the bindings and still tried to charge me for it. I also order ski boots from their website they arrived with half a pound of dirt and mud attached to them. They were heavily used and previously returned. Obviously sport chek does not care about quality of service since it takes a few seconds to take a look at what's in the box before shipping. I will never shop at Sport Chek ever again even after they offered me their measly $50 store credit, had far too many bad experiences. I shop at MEC now, they are a much better shop with knowledgable staff, also have a guaranteed price match which makes it more affordable.
DO NOT ORDER ONLINE! They will hold your money HOSTAGE for their mistakes. I ordered over $2,500 worth of ski gear. One of the packages was missing two ski bindings (they forgot to include them before shipping). Called sportchek and they opened up an “investigation”. I had to cancel my vacation to Whistler (resulted in financial loss of $900 in hotel cancellations & non-reimbursable ski passes) because they refused to send out the missing items and would not cancel/refund my order until the outcome of their lengthy investigation.
I bought Nike vaporfly shoes and they are really expensive shoes and there were black stains all over the sole of the shoe. There were also very poorly packaged and very worn. When I buy something like this that is 400$ I expect something that is brand new not heavily used. It’s like the people shipping them are blind and saying that they look brand new
I have been to sport check at least five times at Mayfair and have purchased nothing. I wander around for about 15 min. trying to find someone anyone to ask get help and they do not exist. I give up and will not go back Would give then a 0 if iI could
Don't buy online! Misleading date of delivery!!! Better to go to the store yourself
I ordered a few items over the Internet and one item came in packaging all ripped and taped up and the item had scuff marks and was clearly used. They sent me another one and didn't charge shipping after I complained and I returned the used one to a local store.
Ordered a few items from their sister company, Atmosphere.ca and the same thing happened, got a used item in torn and ripped packaging. What is their policy, send all the used junk to the warehouse to sell to unsuspecting Internet customers?
Don’t waste your time it’s quicker to order online. I waited twenty minutes for one pair of shoes to be brought out he didn’t come back to check on me when we finally found someone 20 minutes later for a second pair he said sorry were closed. Their was no announcement to let us know or anything. This occurred again I thought I’d give them a second chance I stood by the shoes for 20 minutes with shoes in hand befor I just went online and ordered them cause I had seen no one. Seriously disappointed in how lazy this staff is.
Well, first I would like to say I don't believe cell phones should be allowed on the employee when they are "working". At Sport Chek in the Georgian Mall I needed some help with a few shirt sizes so I went over to an employee named Hannah who was kinda in a corner. I interrupted her texting, when she should have been "working". She told me "just a minute", and she would be with me. Like seriously???? Phones should be in a locker and used on a break. I told her not to worry and I would find someone else who is actually working. She did have an attitude and shrugged her shoulders and went back to her phone. This behaviour should not be tolerated. I ended up going to Champs where NO ONE was on their phones and were eager to help. Clearly she is not able to work openly on the floor. Maybe she should be at cash checkout where she can't be on her phone, and maybe get an attitude adjustment cause it is horrible.
Only got shipped one of the 2 for 1 items on my order. Called customer service and they told me too send the order back. Super snotty customer support person on the phone.
I have 3 sons and they took advantage of Sport Chek's buy 3 get 1 free special on Saxx underwear. Over the next 3 weeks we got many order updates and partial deliveries. In the end only 1 'free' pair of Saxx arrived, 2 didn't - out of stock. So much for trying to take advantage of the special. Saxx are expensive so I called customer service and they gave me an online credit for the value of two bonus pairs that didn't arrive. I tried to order again to use up the online credit. Again, partially out of stock. I really have no idea how many we bought or how many arrived or how many we should have received. It was a frustrating, ridiculous experience and I will never order online at Sport Check again.
Ordered online, only received half my order. Purolator said they never received the missing product from Sport Chek. Had to open a casefile with Sport Chek and have received little correspondence. Today it has been over 3 weeks and so I called - Sport Chek refuses to refund my money saying they are still investigating with Purolator. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.
Sport Chek is rated 1.61 based on 238 reviews