Sports Direct Reviews

Asier Cadenas Sanchez
Sports Direct 1 star review on 8th August 2022
CG
Alex
I am never ordering from soccor sports again, when you click a size on the website then scroll down it changes the size by accident, ive had to return my parcels twice due to that. Also paying 5 pound to deliver to store which is obscene when you actually make the effort of picking it up yourself to, yes a fiver to deliver to your home but to store, i mean come on.
Don't use click and collect you will still be charged delivery and you can't change delivery once ordered !!!
Went to the Shrewsbury shop today. There was no social distancing and no staff wearing a face mask, despite announcements saying to wear a face mask. I did NOT feel at all safe there with covid. Staff were not at all happy.
I have spent a long time chasing my order. I got an acknowledgement of my issue. Then nothing. Then I took to twitter, got a reply to say my order was lost. Then nothing, I am still chasing. We are in week 3 and counting.
I purchased trainers for my husband for Christmas but they did not fit and were not his style. It was very difficult to arrange a refund or exchange and I found the process unhelpful and hostile. There was no option to return or exchange the item in store and the only option was to post back at my own cost via Royal Mail. I have given 2 stars because the item did arrive on time in good condition. My advice to others is DO NOT PURCHASE GIFTS ONLINE from Sports Direct because the process for online returns is unreasonable and there is a high chance that a gift recipient will want to exchange/return-especially with items of footwear or clothing that may not fit.
A Nike tracksuit is missing from my online order. Can't get hold of anybody by phone and it's been 2 days since emailing customer service and no response. This item said it was on my order but not with the other 4 items very dissatisfied.
Great shoes, this would have been our second pair because the others are well loved and need replacing. Arrived really quickly, faster than expected delivery date. However inner seam on the shoe was folded down and it was really uncomfortable. I sent an email stating shoe was faulty and they responded asking for a photo. Very difficult taking a photo of the inside of a black trainer. To verify they were faulty I took the shoes to store, they couldn't help and said faulty goods have to be returned via post. So needed to return them and pay another set of postage. Returns form on the website doesn't work. Plus due to time frame needed to order another pair rather than wait for an exchange and pay next day delivery postage. The shoe is great, the service especially for faulty goods is poor.
I have purchased an item in Silverburn store on 25 Aug 2021 at aprox 6pm. The price was reduced to £40 but it was written in a manner that the number 4 appeared as 1 . I have said I was unaware of it and wanted to return it on the spot. The sport top also had a defect. The shop refused to procees a returns and gave me a £40 credit instead. This is very poor customer service and breeches my rights.
I got expert advice from a shoe repairer. He said that because of the materials used, the shoe could not be repaired and that the design was not fit for purpose. They also ignored the C19 isolation within their timescale of the guarantee. I think buying from Sports Direct is ok if you want the item to last a few months.
They use a very slow and unknown courier service in order to send orders across Europe although the charge is on par with the other well known courier companies. It is unacceptable that someone has to wait almost a month for a small package that weighs 1kg to be delivered in the E.U.
My online purchasing experience was 1*. I was informed only once I purchased the Euros 2020 football that delivery would be 7 days which was totally unacceptable. HOWEVER the date for delivery was actually calculated at 8 days. Even more unacceptable. I conducted a Live Chat and was given absolutely no explanation to the Sports Direct diabolical error other than the couriers were overwhelmed with work and could not cope and therefore it was their fault! I was preparing to tell the 10 year old that he would not have the football for his birthday, when I received a message to say the item was in the store ready for collection. Great for the 10year old. What a total unprofessional and disconnected method of operation. The agent had no clue as to what was going on either with my order or the delivery procedure. The collection store was more than helpful I hasten to add and inflated the flat football!!!
Sent the wrong item. Return/exchange process is a joke. Do not buy from this seller.
Ordered trainers in a size 7. Received a size 6 in a size 7 box so had to be returned. It cost me £8.95 for postage and £3.50 for packaging which ive yet to be reimbursed for. Then i get an email to say i will be refunded for the trainers as the size i need is now out of stock, even though they are still showing available online. Complete waste of time and money.
I received a pair of shorts from you, and payed £21 for them, once they arrived they had a sale price for the shorts on it still which was £16.99. Not a massive difference but a bit disappointing getting something for one price, then figuring out they where already cheaper anyway!
Still waiting for the rest of my order. Only received part order. Playing the waiting game now!!
I ordered two items, one came within three days. I'm still waiting for the other item ten days later. I've emailed with no response. Not happy.
Took way too long for my rice shirt to come taking the mickey
Thought shoes were cheap but postage £5 and return £5 made them over priced, I suggest check postage before order !!!
The main thing what let you down was when ordering it said next day delivery for £7.99 before 7pm and I ordered this just after dinner time and it came 2 days later.. So not the best pleased
Ordered 2 pair jogging bottoms after typing in Long leg into the search box on the site. Both arrived and where too short had to be sent back. This cost me over £10 in delivery and retirn costs, NOT HAPPY AT ALL
Sports Direct is rated 3.7 based on 746,163 reviews