Standout Books Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Standout Books

About Standout Books: Standout Books is an author services company serving independent authors and publishers across the world. All of our editorial, publishing and marketing services are designed to embrace and make the most of the tidal wave of technology currently sweeping over the publishing industry.

(855) 642-1063

hello@standoutbooks.com

Tell us how Standout Books made you happy

"In breaking ground on a new novel, I elected the Editorial Consultation service in an effort to receive professional, unbiased analysis regarding my story's foundation. I received this Ñ and so much more. With Robert Wood's guidance, I was able to dive deeper into character development. Additionally, Robert's feedback enabled me to assess the marketability of the novel. I came out of this session with a clear line-of-sight on where I need to take my story. I am confident the Editorial Consultation will save me countless hours spinning wheels and/or moving the story in a potentially lackluster direction."
"I am so impressed with Alex's professional skill in writing the book blurb for Turning Points in Compassion. The original blurb had been written about 9 times by various people and none were satisfactory. Once in Alex's hands though, it became a wonderfully engaging and beautifully written description that I know will capture people's attention. Finding professional and ethical people to entrust our hard work to can be hard to find but I am delighted to have found Standout Books. I will be accessing their other services now that I have had a taste of what they can do."
"How do I decide which book to buy? It's simple. The book blurb makes the decision for me. I ran across Standout Books while looking for someone to write the all-important book blurb for my first novel. Alex contacted me right away and assisted me on several projects, including the book blurb, in a timely manner. The work was just what I wanted and was cost-effective as well. And that is why I contacted Alex the moment I completed my second manuscript. He nails it every time. Thanks, Alex. I appreciate the expertise and timely service you and Standout Books provide."
"Going in, I had no idea what Editorial Consultation meant, and feelings of doubt entered my mind before the session. After my one hour session, I found myself in awe. Not only did the wonderful editor rattle my brain to get to the good bits and pieces hidden at the back, he also brought life to them. My story started out as a jumble of words and ideas, and ended up a perfect layout for a novel. The feedback given was clear and honest. It was given with the intent to help me create something amazing. We focused on my inability to move past the midpoint, my lack of understanding of concept and theme, and so much more. No matter where you are in your story, I highly recommend you get an Editorial Consultation. They will tailor it to you, and your work. And I promise you'll come out the other side itching to write."
"I approached Standout Books for a Manuscript Critique and Re-read report. Robert Wood was the editor assigned to me and he was outstanding. He analysed my work in record timing and created a detailed report that raised my manuscript to another level. I was so impressed I went back for a copyedit which was conducted by Paige Duke. She thoroughly scanned my work, ironing out all my grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors, again before the due date. Both editors treated my manuscript with respect and worked to my schedule. Great investment, highly professional service! I couldn't be happier! : )"
"I came across Standout Books when browsing the internet for professional blurb-writing services. I was a bit apprehensive to spend money on a blurb, but decided to go ahead Ñ and I'm so glad I did! Alexander was in constant communication with me throughout the service, and his turnaround time was around a week. When I wanted to tweak his first draft of the blurb, he did so in a timely manner and did not ignore my feedback. The revision was very much the tone of the book, which of course is essential for a blurb. I'm very happy with the service and would recommend this service to authors who need a blurb with an instant hook."
"When I started on my self-publishing journey I was totally clueless! I had written a book and had no idea what to do next. After a few missteps (HUGE ONES) I came across Standout Books on the internet. I didn't initially use them for my first edit (HUGE mistake) but did hire them to help me set up my author platform. Fast forward two years and I have three very professionally edited books that are available everywhere I need them to be, a beautiful website, a very solid social media presence and complete confidence that with Standout Books by my side I'm only going to continue to be successful. I have worked with both Alex and Bronwyn very closely and I believe I have used almost all of their services (editing, social media management, website design). They are innovative and professional and truly enjoy helping indie authors be successful. After using two other editors, and not having good results, I can honestly say I wouldn't go anywhere else for editing. There is a true comfort that comes from having a relationship like that. Being an indie author isn't easy and it is priceless to work with a team committed to helping you put out the best product you can. I can't say enough good things, and believe me I can write a lot of words! If you are looking for a company to help take your author experience to the next level, you've come to the right place! I recommend Standout Books to everyone."
"After completing my first novel, I began researching options for editing services. All indicators pointed towards the team at Standout Books. Their commitment to my novel totally exceeded my expectations. Services and reports were delivered on time and at a very competitive cost. More so, Standout Books offered extremely detailed suggestions to help me improve my craft and become a better writer. From beginning to end, I felt as if I was working with a writing coach, not just an editing service. If my novel has any success in the market, it's due to the professional consultation, coaching, and editing of Standout Books."
"My editor with Standout Books, Paige, was extraordinarily helpful, supportive, and did a fantastic job. My book came back highly polished, with comments about the content that helped me fill plot holes and suggestions to make it an overall stronger book. Worth every penny and every second I waited to get it back!"
"Thank you for the most amazing Manuscript Critique ever! Bronwyn is quite amazing! I'm actually excited for edits!"
"Like many new writers, I needed someone other than family or friends who would give me real critique. So I sent my manuscript to Standout Books for their manuscript critique. I can tell you I was quite nervous, having never done this before. Bronwyn delivered within a few days as promised and the result was more than I could have hoped for. Her remarks were clear and concise. I worked through her recommended edits, changing and re-writing where needed. The result was a huge improvement. It didn't stop there, I had a couple of questions, Bronwyn replied quickly and happily answered my queries. I can use this valuable assessment on my manuscript and then I will most certainly use Standout Books for a deeper edit. My dream of becoming a published author is getting nearer. Look out next year for my new YA fantasy Opening."
"When choosing someone to work with I expect professionalism. Sadly it is rare that I find it, especially with someone I have interacted with through email only. Bronwyn is professional in a way I have not seen in many years and I am grateful for it. Many people seek to change things for change sake and not because the change improves anything. I handed her a unique book, and writing style, and she worked hard to make sure not to alter the formula Ñ professionalism. She completed the work on time exactly as she promised Ñ professionalism. There is no real reason to use anyone else, unless she becomes too booked."
"Standout Books made all the difference. They took on my challenging project, full of technical problems, and turned it into a masterpiece. They truly improved the quality of the book and I am incredibly grateful for their expertise. Worth every penny."
"As an author, I have a passion to weave a magical tale that entertains and informs. But getting a reader's attention to spend their hard earned money to buy your novel, well that is another issue. That's why I am happy to recommend the hard working folks at Standout Books. Their Book Blurb service distilled Fishing for Light into an amazing marketing pitch. If you are an author seeking help with the business side to writing, make an investment in yourself and contact Standout Books."
"I really enjoyed working with Alex who improved my website. He answered all of my questions and his prices were reasonable. I also liked the fact that Alex was able to make my website more user friendly. I recommend Alex for any type of website design."
"Bronwyn provided an excellent copyediting service for my debut novel, Eternal. She has a meticulous eye for detail and is extremely thorough in her work. Her commitment, dedication and care are exemplary and I was very impressed with her treatment of my manuscript. You could not hope for better editorial assistance than that which she provides. She is also a lovely person to work with and has kept my confidence and spirits up throughout my publishing journey."
"One with the Wind is my second book edited by Standout Books and I couldn't be happier with their service. Unlike many other editors, Bronwyn took care not to just proof and edit my work, but to do so with my own voice and writing style, which is very important for every writer. I was very pleased with the enhancements and suggestions she made. She also showed great prowess at working with several different genres. Bronwyn provides more than just a line editing service, she helps writers improve their craft. I highly recommend her services to all writers."
"I studied and read many articles on writing. How to write a story for success was my goal, but it wasn't until I received my Manuscript Critique from that I realized what a difference a good critique makes. I made the recommended changes and read the results and was ecstatic! Bronwyn's detailed report of my first ten pages was the perfect guide, on point, and personalized. Contacting her to review my work was the best overall decision I've made in preparing my book for publication."
"Standout Books were terrific to work with. As a new author who had no understanding of the publishing business I reached out to them for guidance and direction. Standout Books developed an outstanding interactive website that is exceptional. To say they understood my requirements is an understatement. I was impressed from the very start. So whether you're new or a seasoned author seeking an advantage to jump start or rekindle your professional writing, craving a new and attractive website, or writing a blog, I would highly recommend Standout Books."
Standout Books is rated 5.00 based on 79 reviews