Standout Books Reviews

of reviewers recommend Standout Books
Read Standout Books Reviews

About Standout Books:

Standout Books is an author services company serving independent authors and publishers across the world. All of our editorial, publishing and marketing services are designed to embrace and make the most of the tidal wave of technology currently sweeping over the publishing industry.

(855) 642-1063

hello@standoutbooks.com

Tell us how Standout Books made you happy
Right from when we first contacted Alex at Standout Books, we felt really happy about working with this company. They have been incredibly patient, efficient and helpful. We were nervous about working with an editor but Rob has been so supportive and encouraging from start to finish, we've gained confidence in our books and bettered ourselves as writers as a result. We budgeted for a copyedit, blurb and conversion on our first two books and Rob's input has improved our work no end. He went above and beyond for us and we're now thoroughly looking forward to doing a full comprehensive edit with him on our third book. Rob embodies the passion for writing that writers like us need to help bring our best work to fruition.
Alex and the entire Standout Books team is phenomenal to work with. The turnaround time was exceptional and their ability to listen to their customers is often a very important aspect to consider for writers. I highly recommend using Standout Books to complete ebook formatting, editing services, and cover design assistance. They made my experience comfortable and pleasant.
Writing has always been a passion and dream of mine. I began writing regularly about 6 months ago, however I knew I needed guidance. I've been working with Robert Wood for about 6 weeks, and I am learning so much. His notes and edits help me to get unstuck. Each week I learn more. I'm so grateful for the insight and I highly recommend Standout Books.
This service is very professional, responsive, efficient, creative, helpful, knowledgeable, and worth every penny. You want Alex in your corner if you're a self-published author!
I highly recommend Standout Books. Frederick Johnson was assigned to write the blurb for Dog Inspired Lessons, my second book. I wanted the book blurb to not only capture the sweetness of Cooper and Max's relationship but how having them in my life has been an inspiration and a reminder to focus on the simple things: love, loyalty, forgiveness, kindness, and faith. Although he was open to feedback suggestions, I had none. He nailed it on the first draft. I was also impressed at the turnaround time and level of professionalism.
I am a first-time author and I really did not know what to expect. I was able to work with Rob Wood on a critque of my self-help book. He simply blew my mind away. His advice was more than helpful. You can easily see that he has a long-time experience in this profession. He is able to read between the lines and place himself in the shoes of the author and the reader. This skill allows him to see the book several different ways and provide you with the best possible outcome of the book. I feel that there is more value in the edit than the money I paid. Alex Hemus was also especially helpful in the process of my choosing the right service. He was very open and took the time to explain to me the details of their services. I do not regret choosing Standout Books. I am looking forward to working with them in the near future.
I needed a copyediting service for my first book project. The company I initially chose to help me self publish had a copyediting service which was really over priced and way outside my affordability. Standout Books provided an affordable and professional service that more than meet my needs. My editor was Paige Duke and she was absolutely brilliant, she made thousands of revisions, double checked all references (including bible references) and made other really good changes and suggestions. Paige delivered on time and really went the extra mile with the service she provided, I will definitely use Paige and Stand Out Books services in the future. Trust me as a fellow writer, Paige and the team are worth every penny.
Rob was very thorough and undoubtedly a tremendous asset to my book. His editing skills were impeccable, and his way of walking me through the process, answering questions along the way, and making me feel comfortable made it a smooth and easy process. He was great to work with and I know that my book has become far better because of the changes he suggested and the advice he provided. I reiterate that I am so pleased to have chosen to use Standout Books and highly recommend them to anyone who needs a competent editor for their manuscript. After all, it is amazing how much better my manuscript sounds after using their services.
I'm a first timer with publishing my own work this year (2016). Robert Wood copy edited two of my stories and I thought he was very friendly, patient, and professional. He polished my work and made suggestions that made sense; which I appreciated and heeded 99% percent of the time. I was a little nervous about working with editors for the first time, but Standout Books.com as a whole has made it a good experience and I will probably be using their services again in the future and recommend them to other writers as well.
Robert was super helpful, a manuscript edit is a unique service and he explained very well what he could do for me. I asked him to focus on the ordering of my story both linear and sensical and also tone did the tone fit the ordering, a tall complex task. He nailed it and then some! Providing edits, critiques and insights beyond what I asked for and even into where my book could go in the future, all with a very positive attitude.
Standout gets an A in my book. During the web development process, they understood the vision, provided great suggestions, responded to all the change requests as the site came together. I felt as though they were partners who cared about the outcome as much as I did. Standout does quality work and will work with you until you're happy with the final product. If you want a one stop shop for developing, marketing, or promoting your message - look no further than Standout Books!
I was thrilled to find that Standout Books are not only experts at book covers but that their service adheres to the same high standards. I found the process smooth, consistent, and effortless. I initially provided my thoughts for the cover, Standout Books gave me concepts to choose from, and then it was simply a case of finessing the concept. At every step of the process I felt confident that the artwork was being adapted exactly as I had asked for, plus their efficiency and speed was greatly appreciated. Love the final cover, loved the process, highly recommend.
Working with Standout Books was great. They were extremely thorough, and our final product was truly better off for it. In fact, I plan on using their editing services again in the future. For those of you debating whether or not to use their editing service, I'd recommend you give their editing services a try as they'll prove to be well worth your while.
I came to Standout Books.com in hopes that I'd come away with a cover that makes people say, "What's THAT book about?" Kind of a tall order, if you think about it. I was looking for iconic, professional, elegant, oh, and it has to give some idea of what the story is about. After working with Alex and co., including me being, uh, particular (to say the least), about the ears of the Lepus (a creature mutated and evolved from the hare), they nailed it. I'm beyond thrilled. The book isn't out until October 1, 2016, so I guess we'll see if it works. Excuse me while I go pray. Thanks!
I had an amazing story consultation with Robert Wood. He spent time before our Skype meeting pouring over my setting notes and story ideas, and we hashed out a robust plot skeleton for a whole trilogy. I made more progress in an hour and a half with Robert than I did in the past few years alone. I highly recommend these guys!
Having written one novel I was eager to move on to the next and didn't want to spend a couple weeks writing a blurb and marketing copy for my book. Blurb writer Robert Wood worked diligently to understand the essence of the story and its characters, accepted feedback and new ideas, and provided great comments regarding the reasoning behind the paragraphs he'd written. Within a short time we had a polished, highly professional final draft of the blurb, ready to describe my story to a global audience. Thanks!
In breaking ground on a new novel, I elected the Editorial Consultation service in an effort to receive professional, unbiased analysis regarding my story's foundation. I received this Ñ and so much more. With Robert Wood's guidance, I was able to dive deeper into character development. Additionally, Robert's feedback enabled me to assess the marketability of the novel. I came out of this session with a clear line-of-sight on where I need to take my story. I am confident the Editorial Consultation will save me countless hours spinning wheels and/or moving the story in a potentially lackluster direction.
I am so impressed with Alex's professional skill in writing the book blurb for Turning Points in Compassion. The original blurb had been written about 9 times by various people and none were satisfactory. Once in Alex's hands though, it became a wonderfully engaging and beautifully written description that I know will capture people's attention. Finding professional and ethical people to entrust our hard work to can be hard to find but I am delighted to have found Standout Books. I will be accessing their other services now that I have had a taste of what they can do.
How do I decide which book to buy? It's simple. The book blurb makes the decision for me. I ran across Standout Books while looking for someone to write the all-important book blurb for my first novel. Alex contacted me right away and assisted me on several projects, including the book blurb, in a timely manner. The work was just what I wanted and was cost-effective as well. And that is why I contacted Alex the moment I completed my second manuscript. He nails it every time. Thanks, Alex. I appreciate the expertise and timely service you and Standout Books provide.
Going in, I had no idea what Editorial Consultation meant, and feelings of doubt entered my mind before the session. After my one hour session, I found myself in awe. Not only did the wonderful editor rattle my brain to get to the good bits and pieces hidden at the back, he also brought life to them. My story started out as a jumble of words and ideas, and ended up a perfect layout for a novel. The feedback given was clear and honest. It was given with the intent to help me create something amazing. We focused on my inability to move past the midpoint, my lack of understanding of concept and theme, and so much more. No matter where you are in your story, I highly recommend you get an Editorial Consultation. They will tailor it to you, and your work. And I promise you'll come out the other side itching to write.
Standout Books is rated 5.00 based on 95 reviews