starling bank Reviews

of reviewers recommend starling bank

Tell us how starling bank made you happy
We decided we wanted to take advantage of Business Switch offered by NatWest bank. My wife and I have had a partnership business account with them for 25 years, however a number of banks offered us £1500 to switch accounts to them. We decided on the offer from Starling Bank and we were sent emails from Starling Bank to complete the Banking Switch. I spent time doing the research and filling in online forms. However when it came to opening an account with Starling it was puzzling as to how to go about it. After spending half an hour waiting for someone at Starling to answer the phone, I was extremely surprised to hear that I could not finish the application as Starling; 'does not accept multiple people on a sole trader account'. It’s a partnership! There is nothing unusual about that. There are thousands of such set ups. I can’t understand why this is a problem for Starling Bank. This is utterly bazaar. Are they a real Bank? They should at least have made it clear that a simple typical partnership business was beyond their capacity when offering business accounts with the Banking Switch.
Ever had to sue a bank to get access to your own funds? Me neither until i banked with Starling. Absolutely atrocious. Cue their hollow response...
Outstanding. I use them for both business and personal accounts and couldn't be happier. Nice having access to both on the same app and not having fees for international transfers is excellent.
Has to be the best banking service I've ever been with never any issues.
A superb app. Banking made simple.
The future of banking; a simple and straightforward process to create an account, verify identity, and be up and running with immediate effect. Transparent and dependable, as well as innovative and leading edge.
This bank is the worst bank in the UK. They claim to be a business bank. They aren't ! Starling turned a routine business to business wire transfer and created a nightmare . They refused to credit the customer or return the funds to sender even under recall notice. Their lack of consideration and efforts to resolve any questions or issues only accentuated their distain for customers , violation of uk bank regulations( failure to give written notice ) and underscored their rank amateurism and unprofessionalism in dealing with international business . Their inaction lead to tarnished reputations for non performance and hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties and legal costs because the company's couldn't complete their contractural obligation . Do not use this bank. Run Away.
VERY UNPROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY DON'T TAKE FRAUD REPORT TOO SERIOUS Absolutely nothing, when you keep repeating yourself over and over again , they all answer like robots , it's a disaster They don't listen , they just read form templates. I have explained over and over and over again about online FRAUD transactions that keep ongoing on my account, And all I get from them: Contact they company because you entered you details by yourself. Or That's is the funniest part what they say: Cancel you card and they won't be a me to charge you again. Ridiculous, And I kept telling them it was for age verification purposes ONLY,  I don't plan to but anything, THEY ARE FRAUD. I get the same answer over and over again. TERRIBLE AND IF I DON'T GET ANY HELP, I will start reaching out to the news media because this is unacceptable they way they handle fraud reports. To the CEO Kindly try to sort out my issue ASAP , Because as it seems your customer service agents are not able to act more effectively and attentively. They are becoming more and more robotic by the minutes.
Sign up for free with referral code 6DYPC7V9 I gave this bank a go in 2017 and it was my first time venturing into an online only bank. Well, the experience has been great. The app is second to none, immediate updates with transactions, it’s clear, great security and the customer service when I have used it has been fantastic. Although it’s online only don’t let that put you off. You can pay in cash or immediately fund your account by bank transfer or debit card. You can use your card abroad with no fees at favorable rates. You can instantly lock and unlock your card using the app which is a handy feature. The bank is going from strength to strength. If you’re not totally sure about using it as your main account then open one and give it a try. The process is super easy and quick and you’ll be up and running with an account in no time. I’m sure after trying you’ll be using the account transfer service which Starling provides to move your account over without fuss and say goodbye to traditional banks.
starling bank is rated 3.22 based on 9 reviews