STL Heating & Energy ltd Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend STL Heating & Energy ltd

About STL Heating & Energy ltd: STL Heating & Energy offer Comprehensive Plumbing, Heating, Gas Work, Energy Switching and Renewable Energy Innovations throughout the UK. T: 0800 0086 999

Telephone

How would you rate STL Heating & Energy ltd ?

"We had a boiler installed in feb 2018, the central heating doesn’t work. We have called and emailed daily for the past month,have been kept hanging on the phone for hours and 6 times have been promised an engineer call back which did not happen! I am absolutely furious with this company and if nothing is done to fix this problem soon I will be taking the matter further!"
Hi Julie. We’re sorry to hear your having problems with getting in touch with us. If you could start by providing your account number or postcode so we can look up your account I can arrange someone to call you as a matter of urgency and get your heating fixed for you ASAP.
"This is a company to be avoided at all costs speaking of which they send boiler fitters to your home who promise the earth then take your deposit with the promise if you change your mind at a later date you will have it returned to you!! No they don’t ! They keep it and say you had 14 days !!! They took £99 off me for NOTHING.. On calling them they told me a pack of absolute rubbish over many weeks they are rude, say they are refunding the £99 that day then it’s not in and the next tone say he same rubbish they have no customer service they fob off customers constantly, AVOID !!!!! Dreadful! Charlatans"
Dear Anonymous if you could provide us with your name, account number or postcode so we can identify you and verify you have an account with us as we’d love to contact you to discuss your review.

We are FCA compliant and return deposits if order cancelled within the 14day cancellation period.

We look forward to hearing from you.
"I have sent you a filled in customer survey explaining my nightmare which you have not even had the courtesy to reply to. What was the point? I also emailed Travis Perkins - the parent company of Boss Universal Timers regarding their diabolical product. No reply again. Customer service is rubbish. Warning people - Do not touch this company."
Hi Heather Please can you provide your account number or postcode so we can find your account and get someone to call you asap? Thank you.
"Personally didn't have a lot of knowledge when looking at replacing my boiler. Wanted a combi from an old fashioned conventional. I was extremely impressed by the surveyor STL sent out. Aaron gave me a lot of confidence with the comprehensive assessment of what was needed. The price was a huge plus also, I didn't expect to get such a good job done for such a good price. The work carried out on install was very neat and tidy, no mess, no stress. STL will without a doubt be getting recommended to friends and family in the future."
"It's now 4 months since STL installed my new boiler. They left the initial installation in a dangerous state with water coming out of the taps at 85°. The hot water still doesn't work properly, despite a number of return visits. They never call back when they say they will, and on a couple of occasions they've failed to turn up when they say they will. They tried to get us to pay extra for them to get the installation completed satisfactorily. I have now worked out their mistake - they've wired the cylinder thermostat incorrectly - and I'm waiting for them to come and fix it. On the plus side, the price was reasonable, the pipework is neat and the boiler seems pretty good - it's the controls they've botched and failed to fix. Overall, I'd say that if they get your installation right first time, you'd probably give them 5 stars - but if they don't, it will be difficult to get things put right."
Hi Pete. We've entered the account number ending in 553 into our account however it seems to be incorrect as there is no job with this account number. Please, can you send us an updated Job/Acc number or your postcode and we'll get on this for you ASAP and get this resolved. Thanks
"STL absolute brilliant, I had a gentleman come to visit me at my home to give me a quote for the work I needed doing.. he was polite and gave me all information I was looking for, I decided to go with him for my work which was booked in a couple of days later, this was very efficient and great work! I couldn’t recommend this company enough! Great communication! Had bad experiences previously so they have definitely restored my faith in the industry! Thanks again for the brilliant work keep it up!"
Hi Shannon Thank you so much for your review. We'll be sure to pass on your gratitude to your advisor and engineers. Thanks​ for taking the time to let us know your experience.
"I was very happy with my choice of boiler i went for the intergas with a 12 year warranty, the installation was fast and tidy i really cant fault this company highly recommend."
HI Tony. We are very happy you are happy. Happy heating.
"Great workmanship to move the boiler into the garage. Lee and Dave were very professional."
"Stl were one of the companies that were selected to provide us a quote to upgrade the boiler in our family home. I was fairly impressed with the speed that they came to do the initial survey. The young man that came out was knowledgable and was a pleasure to have in our home. The engineers worked efficiently and left the house as they found it. Great service and a very happy customer."
"I’m not normally one to leave a review but the whole experience from my initial contact to STL To book the experience right through to installation was superb. Callum the surveyor gave me a comprehensive heating & energy assessment supplying me with great advice for my needs & Wants. The icing on the cake for me was the courtesy call from the customer care department at STL this morning checking everything ran as smoothly as I liked it too, of course no complaints. I would have no second thoughts recommending to friends & family. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK STL!"
"Positioning the new boiler in the loft was a brilliant idea from the advisor, giving me more space both in my kitchen and in the airing cupboard I should have got a combi years ago. The engineers that turned up were fast and efficient and also clean, I am more than happy with my experience with STL."
"Can’t fault STL. Needed a replacement after turning 15 yr old boiler on after the summer and it give up. From initial quote to install was 48hrs and even got a 12 year guarantee on the boiler. House all nice and warm now. Wife is made up."
"Excellent service from initial phone call to installation,I would highly recommend this company,if there was a sixth star I would give. Well done to the two engineers Steve and mike great team and clean and tidy. Thank you STL"
"Had my mother’s boiler changed by this company and honestly couldn’t fault them, she’s an elderly woman and had some problems with her controls at first but they have been so patient with her and explained everything thoroughly. Natalia from the customer service is a very helpful girl and I know my mother is left in the right hands with a company that cares! Thank you once again Stl keep up the amazing work"
"We had a massive problem when our combi boiler broke as i have two very young children, however when stl came round to do the initial survey i was more than surprised that they offered next day installation, we agreed a price a sure enough the installation was done the very next day. I cant speak highly enough of this company for helping us out in our hour of need and the workman were clean and tidy and now everything is working again many thanks STL."
"I was very impressed with the professionalism of STL. The installation went smoothly and the after sales care was fantastic. I would highly recommend this company!"
"From initial contact by phone, to work completion, total time taken was less than two days. All phone contact was courteous and informative and I was kept up to date on progress. Survey by Chris was comprehensive with lots of information and advice. Installation team (Steve and Michael) arrived on time and immediately started work in a very professional manner, they were also courteous, informative and very tidy in their work, total installation time was 3hrs 30mins. Satisfying experience, and would highly recommend STL. ;-)"
"trouble from the installation to date with this company very poor customer service boiler failed waited over three weeks for their engineer to attend another week for the manufacturers to attend I had to pay a call out fee to stl which I have in writing if it was a fault of the boiler then this would be refunded. gas valve needed replacing plus ignition lead sent letters to stl and numerous phone calls requesting call out fee refund. eventually got letter this morning from stl which states the part is internal which renders the liability out with our liability and responsibility. Not happy think very carefully about using this company."
"Unfortunately I have a really bad ongoing experience with this company. On the day of installation carpet was ruined, bath panel & rubbish left in the loft. I phoned the service desk with the issues When reported to company it appeared they were not bothered. Engineer came back to replace bath panel and clean mess. Engineer stated that " the company had stated he had to pay for the broken bath panel!!!!!!". Last week it came to light the wiring had not been done safely. Electrician visited my property today and the following was found:- Electric switch was not earthed - terminal connection not connected Boiler was not earthed (No electrician was sent to the property after boiler installation to certify the work carried out.) Trading standards and gas safe will be contacted regarding the unsafe work carried out."
"Pipe work disaster. Very bad services. Cowboy work"
STL Heating & Energy ltd is rated 4.43 based on 1,069 reviews