STL Heating & Energy ltd Reviews

12AM

Tell us how STL Heating & Energy ltd made you happy

Own Driver
Over a week
"This company asks you to give them a five star review and you will receive money back before installation of a boiler. Only a company with bad customer service and cowboy workmanship offer this to hide the real reviews."
Posted 57 minutes ago
Are you STL Heating & Energy ltd? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Cadent put a warning on our boiler and turned it off, Carbon manoxide in our kitchen because the boiler was not installed to regulations. After 4 days of arguing with the awful Ian on customer service who refused to let me speak to management. The technical director told Ian he's agreed to send a engineer out today to fix my boiler. Any professional company would send a inspector or engineer straight away after this information is given. No one has turned up today after taking the day off work and after 3 hours on the phone and no one answering. I have heard they have gone bust today. Directors Steven laurence and Steven Boyle you should be ashamed leaving our property dangerous."
Posted 1 hour ago
"do not deserve 1 star. the worst company i have ever dealt with.took my substantial deposit for a heating system. have not shown up to install it, 2 hours on hold then disconnected!! the rep i phoned said to claim of my credit card. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS"
"Is is a shame that I have to give a minimum of one star in my review of this company. If I could give less I would. Never have I experienced such poor customer services. From when we contracted with STL Heating a year ago to install a new boiler, to our one year service now, it has been a nightmare throughout. The company seem unable to answer telephone calls or respond to emails. We agreed a price for our boiler to be replaced and, as part of the price, moved to a different room and all work needed for this move, and piping etc supplied as part of the work. When they arrived to carry this out we were advised that the move could not happen as they would need to rip out our bathroom to get to the pipes. This wasnt needed when we were quoted of for the work. Someone was due to inspect the job prior to starting but this did not take place, which may be why the issue of the bathroom was not picked up. Three times the job was due to be carried out and yet on each occasion the engineers failed to arrive at all. This meant taking three days off work waiting for no one to show up. When the finally arrived the got the job done however failed to fit the exit pipes as the law required, meaning that an engineer needed to come out again to complete the work. The wireless thermostat also failed to work and therefore an engineer also needed to come back again to fit a new one. After all of this STL refused to provide an adequate discount for their failure the carry out the work quoted for. The installation of a new boiler in a new room and removal of old boiler costs more and takes longer than the replacement of an old boiler with a new on in the same place. STL offered a very small sum off the bill and the first year's service for free. After a month of discussion they offered slightly more discount however still less than I feel was appropriate for the time wasted and difference in the job quoted for and job carried out. Now, one year on, waiting for the free service, it is impossible to get STL on the phone or for them to respond to emails. Waiting on hold first thing this morning I was first in the queue on hold however, two hours later, I was still on hold. I was then cut off. The company also fail to respond to emails asking for updates or information. While the boiler fitting was eventually carried out, it took so long and the company were so difficult to deal with that I would suggest not going anywhere near this company. I will be using a different company for a service next year."
"Install was great. Booked a service 1 year later. Paid in advance. Engineer didn't show up.Taken time off work too. Been trying to ring. Been on hold for over 1 and a half hours so far. Went to website to request a call back. 1 hour later still no call back. This is appalling after sales service. Will be requesting a refund for service. RRRaaarrrgh"
"Been told we have a carbon monixde leak due to boiler incorrectly installed which doesn't pass British standards been told engineer is coming out this morning to resolve the issue what a surprise they haven't turned up been on the phone for over 2.5 hours with no answer. I have been left in my house with my gas capped due to boiler being unsafe and pregnant with a serious health condition. I have now been told the company has gone bust?!"
"Very bad installation Feb29 2018. Fitment was not carried out correctly No Magna Clean or flush carried out Took one week to get resolved. Withheld payment to get the problem resolved No downstairs heating for 5 days. Annual service due, paid in full 16/01/19. Promise no more problems. Engineer booked, engineer failed to turn up and carry out service. Calls to company of little use no answer of phone calls carried out over a period of 3hrs. Now stuck in a queue for 25 minutes and still waiting. Bad service AGAIN"
"the customer service i recieved from Tracey mcgregor is poor .she was rude on the phone and did not respond to my several emails just requesting a receipt for the boiler service booked on 04/1/2019 for my property depsite telling her i will complain and she did not care. would you please help me to get a receipt on letter headed paper and the outcome of the service of the boiler please."
"Boiler service was completed satisfactorily. Although I thought the cost was high."
"Boiler service was completed satisfactorily.Although I think the cost was high."
"Rip off merchants pure and simple. U pay £90 a year to keep the warranty up to date. But it costs another £90 call out fee if you have a fault. Avoid these cowboys"
"Absolutely brilliant from start to finish Fast efficient Explains everything to you"
"Everyone I’ve spoken to has been very helpful. The installer was very friendly and thorough. The after sales support given by Natalia was very prompt and helpful."
"Installation excellent, very tidy and clean. Only one complaint, Rob had to go to another job straight after he finished mine and did not really explain the programmer to me. He did, but raced through it and as a 77 year old who is not technically minded, it was over my head I'm afraid and I may have to get my local plumber in to explain it to me."
"Efficient service. Helpful and friendly guy."
"Fantastic company we would definitely recommend,our boiler completely broke down STL came out late afternoon gave us a quote made some calls to find out if the boiler was in stock and was here the next morning installing the new boiler they are a very reliable and friendly company they are very reasonable in price and very efficient definitely go with this company you won't be dissapointed."
"Kept informed of time of arrival, turned up on time, explained what he was doing and how to check functions on boiler. So clean you would not know he had been and stressed importance of keeping service record up to date if warranty claim arose. Only thing is boiler is now louder on start up than before, sounds like fan out of balance but goes off after about 3 mins so not really a problem and not overly loud. Would have full confidence in company to sort out if it does present a problem. Good service and customer contact"
"Excellent service I would recommend this company to anyone"
"After a small issue after the service, the engineer returned and sorted out the problem, swiftly and professionally."
"From the start talking to Natalia and arranging a date for the fitting and the fitting itself an excellent experience, Natalia was very polite and helped with every question ask and the fitter was very clean and left no mess once he had done, he also explained how everything worked even set the timer for us all in all would recommend to anyone brilliant job very pleased."
STL Heating & Energy ltd is rated 4.38 based on 1,123 reviews