STL Heating & Energy ltd Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend STL Heating & Energy ltd

About STL Heating & Energy ltd: STL Heating & Energy offer Comprehensive Plumbing, Heating, Gas Work, Energy Switching and Renewable Energy Innovations throughout the UK. T: 0800 0086 999

"Excellent service from start to finish, the boiler fitter Dean was fantastic, no mess, no moans and groans and a first class job.Wayne the electrician was just as good everything explained above and beyond what he needed to tell me. Would recommend without hesitation so great they turn up on time."
"I am very pleased with the service from STL. Thank you Chris for getting me the boiler I wanted within my budget you were very helpful and answered all my questions. Lee and Dave came to install my boiler they worked so hard on a very hot day and did a really good job, they knew what they were doing and I'm so pleased, thank you. Just got my 12 year warranty for my boiler so thanks STL keep up the good service."
"Prompt arrival, Gary was very professional in his survey.Happy with everything."
"I arrange a survey and was given a good description of the job that was required to fit a combi boiler. I had a good review of boilers from Which but they had missed the Intergas which I chose on a comparison basis. The surveyor closed the deal and set a date for a week later for installation. The installing team arrived on time with all the equipment to complete the job. They kept me in touch with the work and asked permission for changes to the pipework . They were neat and tidy and worked hard to finish in the day (7h). I appreciated their friendliness and cleanliness. Next day the electrician arrived at 8.00 and fixed all the electrics , giving advice on running the boiler through the wireless controls. We have run the system for two weeks now and find it is working well for hot water and baths. Its nice to have instant hot water."
"from choosing a company to supply and install a new boiler everything was completed in less than 4 days, arrived on time completed work and cleaned up all the mess."
"Engineer was on time very tidy and clearly knows his stuff could not fault him."
Hi Martyn Cox, thank you for your review. We hope you love your new boiler and your home is a lot warmer now
"Not very happy, got new boiler valves for radiator were not fixed as discussed during survey by stl. So it’s not efficient radiater without valves. What’s it the whole point getting new boiler as whole procedure include to make sure radiated working fine. I don’t now how they checked after finishing job that they are fully working. Rang three times to find out what STL will do, no call back received. Very very poor service. Can you let me know which new radiater was put and where as I have got same old one that were there in first place. And valves that you claiming were put in place."
Dear Mr & Mrs Kulwinder & Harinder Kaur

We have checked your paperwork to fit thermostat valves on your existing radiators was never placed and is optional extra that wasn't taken up at the time when the order was placed, we did fit a new radiator and fit a thermostat valve on that radiator, If you would like to have thermostat on your existing radiators please give us a call and we will book in for you, we have spoken to yourself to advise and have sent copy of paperwork as well , I have also called you myself today unfortunately wasn't able to get through.

As for your new boiler and being more efficient , your new boiler is now 93% efficient

Kind regards the STL team
"I was very impressed by everyones efficiency and politeness"
Thank you so much for your review. We’re so pleased that you are happy with your installation and we hope you remain warm and worry free during the next few year.
"Paul and Chris arrived prompt at time expected and got straight on with job. They were very efficient and pleasant and did an excellent job in fitting our new boiler I would have no hesitation in recommending STL for both price and efficiency. We were kept well informed prior to the fitting of the boiler. Thank you for a good service."
Dear Mrs Carol Pantry, many thanks for your business and for taking the time to post the review. At STL our objective is always to deliver a quality service, as such we do receive many new enquires based upon referrals and therefore we really do appreciate your time and effort when posting a review.
"I had a home visit from STL heating. The gentleman was very friendly. I paid a £2000 deposit for central heating installation priced at £4000. I was to arrange a new gas meter with British Gas then call back to arrange installation. As it transpires, Northern Gas had disconnected my property from the gas main during some major works I was unaware of. I informed STL of this and requested a refund of my deposit only to be told they would retain the £2000 as I was a day or two outside their 14 day cooling off period. As you can imagine I was furious and called back to dispute this. I was told they would refund £1750 as a gesture of good will and discount £250 from my bill if I decided to continue with them. Their website states that they retain the right to charge a £100 admin fee in the case of cancellation so I have no idea where they got the arbitrary figure of £250. This experience has made me want to warn others of this practice as I wasn't given a contract at the time of paying the deposit and wasn't told of any charges or terms rendering it a gift to STL. I definitely no longer have any interest in using this company ever again and would warn others strongly against doing so without full scrutiny of any paperwork that you will have to request due to it not being made available voluntarily. The visit was free, no parts were ordered or purchased and no costs have been incurred by STL. I have been in touch with the company multiple times but they insist it's in the terms and conditions and don't seem to care about the moral implications. Despite me requesting information regarding what administration costs my £250 has covered, STL have failed to respond to this question. STL could very easily refund the remaining deposit without suffering any loses. I am now having to take this to the FCA as it is my opinion that they are in breach of the Consumer Rights Act's definition of fair terms. Hopefully they will get in touch and rectify this situation and try restore my faith in their humanity and professionalism."
Dear Mr Hutchinson

Thank you for your email, this is now being investigated by our legal team and we will in touch as soon as we have done a thorough investigation

Regardfs
Dear Mr Oliver Hutchinson

I have now had a chance to look at all your file and confirm the following,
You placed an order with STL on 26/04/2018, STL’s Terms and Conditions including the 14 days cooling off period notification were issued to you on that day.
You went beyond the 14 day cooling off period by 11 days, you in fact contacted us to cancel on day 25, we attempted to contact you on the same day and the next day to explain the next steps and the order was only cancelled once the issue regarding the 14 days off cooling period was addressed and an agreement was made to the non-refundable deposit.

Regards
STL team
"Very soon after requiring about purchasing a new boiler STL Heating contacted me and I was happy to give them the go-ahead. Two days later the boiler was installed by two very efficient engineers and within a few hours the boiler was pumping out very hot water. Thanks, STL."
Mr Peter Sutton

kind Regards
STL team
"I found the gentleman that came to give us the quote for the installation was very helpful and polite. The engineers came the very next day and installed the boiler. (no hassel,no mess) The electrician came the next day,job done.Very pleased."
"Terrible service, it took over two weeks to install my boiler- on the initial installation I was left with wires everywhere and told that an electrician would be coming to finish the fixing- something I was not informed of when initially sold the package. There was then 3 occasions when I waited in for the engineer, taking time from work, and they did not attend and no call to tell me of their proposed non attendance. When an engineer did finally turn up there was apparently a faulty part and so I was again left with no heating or hot water. The boiler is now working though some of the pipes are hitting the door- admittedly I did say I would file the door myself because I was not prepared to take more time out waiting for an engineer. I complained and received a pitiful discount of £100 and felt that my complaint was not taken seriously and what really was the problem."
Dear Mr lovatt

it was great speaking to you yesterday and thank you for sending over the photos, I will be going through these with the installation Manager and will call you back once I have done that so that we can find solution to the issues we discussed yesterday

Kind Regards
Bobby Bagri
"Boiler installation carried out by your tradesmen in a very professional manner. Site left clean and tidy. Electrician came later and completed his work too an excellent standard. Site left clean and tidy. Finally thanks too Lois your receptionist for all her help."
"Punctual , efficient , polite and tidy . Excellent product , installed professionally and explained everything in layman's terms."
"Customer service Very poor.After a boiler installation some issues cames,call for the service I still haven't seen nobody too get sorted the fault, after a month."
Dear Mr Claudio Granata

I will be calling you to discuss this further

Regards
Bobby Bagri
"We are pleased with our new boiler, and the level of customer service STL provides but did not feel that we were always getting honest information, eg we were given the impression that it would be installed by local engineers but, apart from the salesman everyone from STL seems to have a Liverpool accent. None of the advertising showed exposed pipework but the finished installation could have been more aesthetically pleasing."
We are so sorry that you are unhappy with your experience with STL Heating and Energy. Our number one priority is customer service so we will be conducting a full internal investigation into your comments above. We do use local Installation teams however if we have extra work on in any area then we do sent in Installers from other areas

Regards, STL Team
"disappointed that the pipes and boiler were left bare. i had been given to understand that the boiler would fit in the cupboard where my other boiler was. also we had to wait in three different days for the electrician to finish the work off. would have been better having local company I think."
Regards, STL Team
"The installation went very well, the workmen were on time, they were very efficient & the whole thing was done by 5pm. The house was left clean & tidy & the workmen were friendly & helpful. I couldn't be more pleased."
"Very pleased with the work carried out on new new Boiler very clean and neat and tidy when finish Recommend STL Heating and Energy to any one"
Thank you for your lovely review. At STL our objective is always to deliver a quality service, as such we do receive many new enquiries based upon referrals and therefore we really do appreciate your time and effort when posting a review. Don' forget to use your £50 refer a friend. We hope you look forward to your holidays and the saving with your new A rated boiler too.

Kind regards the STL team