Global Work & Travel Reviews

of reviewers recommend Global Work & Travel
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Read Global Work & Travel Reviews

About Global Work & Travel:

Global Work & Travel is one of the world's leading youth travel brands, specialising in working holidays, volunteer trips, teaching excursions, au pair exchanges and student internships.

With offices located in Australia, Canada and the UK, Global Work & Travel offers the one-stop-shop for all your meaningful travel experiences.

Visit our website to find out more!

+61 7 5528 4813

Excellent , working holiday just what I need
Global Work & Travel 5 star review on 24th November 2020
Very good. Professional yet friendly
Hi Mason!

We are glad you had a 5 star experience with the Global Team!

Best wishes from Global Work & Travel
It was very good. Relaxed though took a bit of time for a second call. All together a good experience though
It’s was great. Lauren or Lori? I didn’t catch her name quite right but she was very helpful and friendly.
Hi Monica!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Lauren! Great to hear she was able to help you out with your trip!

Very helpful and friendly
Hayden was so clear and patient with me. Amazing bloke
The service is very good. The person I talked to was very nice and he answered all my questions! I now have an amazing trip to look forward to!
We are so happy to hear your Work & Travel Expert was able to assist you in booking your incredible trip!

Thanks from Global Work & Travel!
Outstanding she was very kind and helpful along the way with every question I had.
Absolutely wonderful. Lachlan was a gem
Hi Jacob - thank you for the 5 star review!

Thanks for choosing Global Work & Travel!
Service I got was very good. Explained everything in detail and answered my questions
Thank you for your 5 star review Nicholas!

We are glad we were able to answer all of your questions for you!

Thanks for choosing Global Work & Travel
Let me tell you my story. I booked this trip in December of 2019 and I was really looking forward to it.

Fast forward to to March. I start calling worrying that the pandemic is a foot and I should stop while I'm ahead (I had only invested $500 at this point). They say no we're still in a position to fly you out here if you could come right now, keep investing or you'll lose your spot and we can't get you a job. So I pay the deposit, I'm invested I'm going to australia.

June comes and they start calling me a bunch to buy my plane ticket. I ask to hold off, there's a pandemic, I also can get cheap flight so I wanted to do it myself. At that point I was told if I didn't buy it then they could not guarantee my spot and if I bought it myself they pretty much wouldn't help me with anything at all (housing or employment), so I bought the $1600 one way ticket they offered me after refusing two other more expensive plane tickets. My boyfriend also wanted to come with me and they pushed him to buy both the deposit and the plane ticket in June 'or else you may lose your chance'. They then refuse to credit him either, but they pushed him into buying this by promising they could follow through in June already mid pandemic, they cannot pretend they did not know what they were doing. But they're super confident everything is still on track and I can still come and my boyfriend will have no issues coming so I buy the ticket and he buys the ticket and the deposit. Then things get worse not better and I realize they're making promises they can't keep.

So I call and ask to cancel and they say okay the cancellation team will call you. They email three weeks later offering me back part of my plane ticket ($1225/1605) and none of my deposit with little explanation. I explained id accept the loss on the plane ticket but it was wrong for them to have pushed me to continue to invest when they knew they could not fulfill their promise. They said they knew, but just could not reimburse me at the moment, maybe next year. I'm not even kidding.

They repeatedly send me prescripted, kindly worded emails but if you read between the lines their just saying we're keeping it because we can.

They also like to throw out this 10 unforseen/ unavoidable circumstances policy. I'm going to argue that they knew what they were doing when they continued to pester me to invest in March, april and June by calling me several times a week but in early October when I try to cancel they cannot get back to me or communicate via anything that is not already written ambiguously and misleadingly on purpose. They are frustrating, they've patronized me, pushed me around and insulted my intelligence.

I have started a dispute with my bank. If you are having the same issue I recommend you do the same, I have also filed a complaint with the accreditation they have in canada. You can find it by going to the global work and travel website, go to the why us section in the drop down menu and select the accreditation for your country, go on their website and you should be able to file a consumer complaint as well. Please don't let these guys get away with stuff like this, it's immoral and wrong. They shouldn't have pushed anyone to continue to invest if they were at all unsure they could render that service, especially amidst a pandemic when they knew they were making empty promises and being purposefully demanding. They call and request more and more increments of money or they'll be unable to fulfill any promised duties. They provided misleading information and demanded money.

THE ABOVE IS MY WARNING TO YOU. IT IS LONG BUT WORTH READING. IF YOU'RE GOING TO WORK WITH THEM PLEASE READ THIS PSA FIRST.
Excelente
I was provided with excellent information and service throughout enquiring and eventually booking my working holiday day, Hayden was not at all pushy and a lot more insightful in comparison to the other companies I enquired with.
Hi Taj,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We are thrilled to hear that Hayden was able to give you all the information you needed & answered all of your questions!

Lachlan was friendly & engaging
Glorious thank you
Great, very polite and relatable. I felt very comfortable
Really really good! I, myself work at a call centre and Jordan’s customer service is outstanding! Well done :)
Hi Khyle,

We will pass this great feedback on to Jordan and we hope you have an incredible trip!
Very good.