The Pi Hut Reviews

Mann Enterprises LTD
Homefield Road
Haverhill, Suffolk
CB9 8QP

Jamie, I bought one of your Waveware Stepper Motor Hats the other week and after getting it going and, I thought, having something useful to share about it tried to write "the first review" for it. Spent some time writing but it hasn't appeared yet. See below...

The usual prompt delivery from PiHut. Bought this board to drive the focus knob on a remoted astro-telescope. The board works very well and has the advantage of a very useful wide input range switching regulator that can also drive the Pi. The software examples are very basic but provide a good starting point.

Given I need to run my project on a battery I've found a set back. Whether by feature or faux-pas the current motor design energies the motors the moment the external power is applied and the motors heat up very quickly at the expense of the battery. TIP: ensure the motor current limit pots are set minimum before you first start. This motor-ON state persists until the Pi is fully booted AND the controlling program starts, configures the GPIO and acquires the motor drive. SUGGEST the first thing to do is call motor_STOP to de-energise the motors before attempting anything else. Turns out the motor drive chip default is to set the drive ON by internal pull-down. Doh!

On shutdown the GPIO pins float bringing the motor(s) back on and the motor drive returns meaning the external power has to be removed soonest to save the batteries. Similarly, if the useful on-board 5v switch is set to off only the Pi looses power bringing the motor(s) on (again).

Have added two 3.3K resistors from the motor driver chip's enable pins and up the Pi's 3.3v. This solves my problem as long as the Pi is powered. A better solution would be to connect to the driver's on-chip 3.3v output pin but the small surface mount layout makes this very difficult. My resistors are soldered across the board's 40pin interface connector but a better way would be on a retro fitted piggy back connector.

The current board design would benefit from a revision to allow either motors-ON from applied power OR when the user's program is running and has a grip of things.
SteveW (aka RaspiSteve)
Good camjam bundle to get started out with.
Great product - just be sure you use USB 2 with connector - and sit close(ish) to it'
snelle levering. Wel beetje verbogen aangekomen met kromme pinnen.
I eventually worked out what I wanted from The Pi Hut and ordered everything that I needed, it took me several goes to find out what I needed as there was disjointed information to the various setups on computers with regard VGA and other peripheral and ons to facilitate my completed setup which added to cost.
Everything is okay, but the pi arrived a little slowly.
Parts arrived quickly, no problem!
Order delivered faster than expected
I ordered the controller and it arrived really quick which was great, but for some reason the analog sticks aren't mapping so I'll have to use the d-pad for now.
I love the mug! However, I ordered 2 and one arrived broken. I asked about it and was promptly respond to letting me know a new one was on it's way. Looking forward to it.

Regards,
Corey Kruzicki
I bought a Raspberry pi 4 model B and a small heatsink case for it, it all arrived very quickly and was all in working order, although I didn't realise at the time of purchase the power supply lead comes separate, this means I had to buy one. I have had no problems other than that it all runs very well and is an excellent little device.
Thank you. A little delay from Royal Mail tracking information. Many items at The PiHut are out of stock. The items received are good.
All arrived safely but I was surprised that the contents were rattling around inside the box. A little bubble wrap or screwed up paper would make things more secure
I had great experience in the past for my other commands but the last one was disappointing. Because from the 4 items I ordered, one was a rpi 3B+ but I received a rpi 3B instead. But the support was kind enough to reimburse me for the price difference and even promise me a shipping discount for my next command.
Smooth shopping experience.
Shipping was little expensive for over seas delivery.
I liked the turn around time had ordered stuff from elsewhere and you got here well in advance of the other order, all round great experience.

Help needed with the following im a beginning hobbyist... need a small toolkit, resources kit can you make a recommendation, dont want to spend big money boughta tool box and need to put stuff in it suggestion welcome.
Très bien. Merci !
Everything worked great, so I might make another order soon. The delivery took a little bit longer than estimated though.
very happy with my prchase after 4 month of chaos with another supplier. was fast accurate and i cant fault it thanks again ross
Fast service. Havent given a 5 star as of yet as I have not tried the product, but may return with that exta star.
The Pi Hut is rated 4.98 based on 58,207 reviews