TobyDeals Reviews

of reviewers recommend TobyDeals

Tell us how TobyDeals made you happy
TobyDeals 1 star review on 2nd September 2020
Rodney Saverin
TobyDeals 1 star review on 27th August 2020
Sofia
TobyDeals 1 star review on 9th May 2020
Daniele
More Photos & Videos
This company is a scam. They take your order then list it as processing and that is as far as it goes. They do not answer your emails at all. I have reported them to Paypal and await a refund
Great carvery today as always
I don't want to give even 1 star for this company. I have purchased kindle paper white for my daughters bday last October and 8months later, realised that we cannot recharge any longer. so we contacted tobydeal then I started getting rude emails. their initial response was they cannot fine me on the data (even though I can login and see the lists of goods I purchased from tobydeal) and if the item was purchased from other shop, I need to contact the shop. after sending another email they found me but no apologies at all. then they asked me to try this and that, I did my best and the problem couldn't be resolved and they asked me to send the item to RMA and they mention if the item is damaged then I will be charged total $100. I still thought if my daughter can continue using kindle after repair, that will be good to try. However the instruction they sent me about the type of battery and weight of battery, I googled it but couldn't get the information. also the email was sent one before the pick up day. I have full time job, they said I need to be at the address I appointed from 9am to 4pm. there was no such options to choose the time and day at all.
I regret that I purchased the device from them and I will never recommend anyone buying electronic goods there. during this process, I was so stressed and I decided to throw the device away. I Guess they may intend to make it difficult and stressful to give it up. Sorry Not even one star to Tobydeal
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!
Ordered i-pad as a gift on 23/7. Dispatched 24/7.
Not arrived. Company ignoring emails regarding a refund. Save yourself the hassle and pay a bit more.
I purchased a robot window cleaner in Match, received 6 weeks layover & it will not charge, paid $552.00 AUD sent numerous emails & they replied with a bunch of rubbish. We had our electrician check it out & it is faulty. Sent it back, emails back & forth & they are refusing to not only send a new one or a refund but want us to pay them $102.00 to send it back. PLEASE TAKE HEED THUS WARNING. We have lost our money & they have the goods & won’t even return the faulty goods.Absolutely been conned out of out money. We even notified them before the 14day money back guarantee & are now saying it is too late, 4 months later.
I ordered an expensive camera. I payed with paypal they accepted the funds and after more than two weeks I haven't got a tracking number. I emailed probably 5 times over the last eight days asking for a tracking number totally unresponsive....nothing. I have put in a PayPal dispute today. I wonder if that will get a response. Anyway I really won't be doing business with these people again. At best they just don't communicate at worst well........I'll have to wait and see but I can certainly say that I'm less than impressed so far
Given most of the bad reviews were just about the time of shipment, I decided to risk it and buy a Samsung A71 from here. I got insured shipping of course :). I seriously do not know what all the bad fuss was about. I was full-on expecting absolutely no emails like what all the bad reviews keep saying but in just three days of ordering the phone, I received three emails about where my phone was and when it was going to be dispatched. I ordered my phone on the 28th May and received it today! It is the genuine product.

I don't actually do reviews on shops (I'm that kind of person :P) but given the bad rep this company seems to have on all the bad reviews, I thought to just put a good one on here.

(Also did a review on productreview which I copied and pasted over here if anyone sees the same thing there and gets a bit sus)
Totally incompetent company . Despite managing to give the impression they are based on the UK ( with name like Toby deals UK ) you assume that's the case . It isn't , and they aren't , in fact they are a Hong Kong based oufit. Once they have your money they just automate everything , there is no way to contact them other than by email, which never get a reply .Terrible communications between them and the customer, and that's if you manage to get a reply at all . My item arrived almost 4 weeks after I was at point of sale told it was being processed. After a week I was getting clearly automated programmed e mails telling me my item had been collected by the courier, or is at a sorting depot, or at a local depot for delivery . Two weeks after these ambiguous mails, with that were accompanied by a nonexistent tracking number.. I emailed them asking how my item can be at a local depot for delivery for over a week and not be in my possession. (No answer).. I let another 3 days go by, I was still getting nonsense daily mails saying my package is at a depot awaiting collection for delivery by the courier . So I sent a very strongly worded mail . Because by now I had strong suspicions that I was being scammed . A quick glance at several review sites was horrific reading . I asked why I was being ignored, where was my item, what bloody country was it in because it clearly hadn't been in the UK for 2 weeks, and that if my questions were not answered I would instruct my bank to begin proceedings to reclaim my money . 2 days go by again and still no reply from customer services . But then I had an email with a different tracking number, which I immediately put into a search site , and there it was , in Belgium . So ..2days later , and 4 weeks of stomach churning it was delivered . I opened up my parcel and all seemed well until I noticed it came without a manufacturers warranty . Which leaves me at the whim of Toby's warranty policy, it is heavily geared in their favour in the instance of a faulty product , and shipping costs back to Hong Kong are your financial responsibility , with no guarantee they will accept fault .
So what we have here is this .

A company trading with UK in its title , that is actually in Hong Kong which is utterly dishonest and misleading. They will never be able to ship in 3/4 working days as per their claims on the webpage.

Their tracking numbers do not exist until your package gets to Europe some weeks after payment is accepted. , So you will sweat your nuts off wondering if you have been conned for at least 3 weeks.

Utterly pointless customer services, they may as well not bother. In fact , they don't . So that's about the only thing reliable about them . You won't get a response .

When your item finally arrives, if it does at all .. there is every chance it has been refurbished, or is a demo model without a manufacturer warranty that's simply been repackaged. Leaving you extremely vulnerable if warranty issues arise..I suggest a detailed read of trust pilot reviews about this particular issue . It is not for the faint hearted .

All in all a terrible experience . I will never use them again , and neither will my friends and family . The copious amount of bad reviews should be enough to put people off, but they know we all like a bargain don't they, so they have an endless supply of people buying their stuff . Time they were bought to book though, and a governmental look into their business was carried out . They have been far too bulletproof for too long and many people have lost money ..
This company just tried to take money from my bank account. I have never heard of them before let alone purchased anyhting from their site and luckily my bank requested an access code before sending them the money. Theyre quite clearly a scam outfit and I have reported them to the police.
"Around the World in 80 Days " with Toby Deals.......
In 1873 the legendary traveller P. Fog set off to go around the World in 80 days. Well prepare yourself for this sort of epic. Only difference is the book has an ending. After nearly 50 days -I have no phone,no idea where it is ,no updates and no response to emails.
This is what you will get from Toby Deals.
Their responses when they came, were the same regurgitated bull from start to finish.
You are setting yourself up to be robbed-they say they have shipped items -then they never arrive - then you get no refund (in their minds) - This is the truth . Steer away from this lot - my worst and only online shopping experience. They are an insult to their mothers.
no, no, no. did i mention no?

scam artists, apparently there was an issue with the courier, i was asked to wait 5 working days, that was over 2 weeks ago, they no longer responding to my emails
Ordered over 3 weeks ago, no response to e-mails or e-ticket via website. Very appalling considering i paid over £600 for a phone and nothing has been received. Escalated claim through Paypal yet still another week to wait for a decision. My daughter is heartbroken :(

Telephone number provided does not even exist which numerous messages left
I ordered afitness tracker which did not work so emailed them to return it within the 14 day money back guarantee. They ignored my request. Stay away. Bad seller
Bought a nintendo switch on 17 Sept but no trace yet. In my account shows order complete though. Sent 3 emails not even any single response of any sort. Lost all hope. Reported paypal but they will wait until 22nd October. Never buy from this fake company. Not sure if I will get my money back or not. I put 1 star as least option.
I have only given one star because I cannot give ZERO stars ! This company feels like a fake business, take your money, 3 weeks and still no delivery, I have lost count the emails and messages I have sent, with not one reply.
Shocking shocking experience, pay more money and shop elsewhere for peace of mind. SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING , DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BUSINESS.
If you like NO service, NO product, and a shocking buying experience.......... these are your guys !!!!!
I’ve read a lot of very negative stuff re Tobydeals and whether they are trustworthy. Fortunately, after I’d ordered a canon 70-200mm lens! Ordered online on a Saturday evening. Arrived 6 days later. Progress emails every day. Price - the best I could find on the internet. Post free. Not sure what else they could have done to make this an outstanding service short of putting it on my camera for me! Excellent!
I had to cancel my order after 21 single day of waiting. what a terrible experience I had with these people. there is no way you can speak with someone. in this 21st century you have to wait 3 days for an email reply from them. they shouldn't be allowed to trade with the UK. please be aware they are not based in UK. phone will be shipped from china and cost a lot to return it.
Bought a galaxy S8 plus, Couldn't be happier, was a bit worried first looking at the reviews but as mentioned it took about 2 days to process and took couple of days to deliver, i then received the phone on the hour as promised by dpd, phone was brand new in sealed box and genuine, no different to one you buy from Samsung directly. Ordered on 22/07 received on 27/07. Don't waste your money on the high street or fall for the scare tactics, i can't fault toby deals uk, really happy
They deliveried the wrong product, a cheaper version of another brand. They made me jump through many hoops to prove that I received the wrong product, photographs of the serial number, the box, the product, bar codes etc. Then they agreed to refund but I had to post it back to Hong Kong, the incorrect product was worth $139, postage $130. They would not cover the postage even though it states on their own website that they will arrange pick up of incorrect products. What do you do? Write this review and warn other people.
I bought a Samsung A71, no tracking number given, no response to emails asking for one, it was delivered finally but the glass in the phone has not been installed correctly, it sits up and is very sharp, I'm afraid it will brake very easily, I think this phone is a seconds or a repair and sold as new, as well the space button doesn't always work. Have put a complaint in with PayPal.
TobyDeals is rated 1.75 based on 303 reviews