TourRadar Reviews

4.6
Based on 6,606 reviews
Read TourRadar Reviews

About TourRadar:

TourRadar is the world’s first Adventure Booking Platform, where you can effortlessly book private, group and tailor-made multi-day organised adventures in 160+ countries around the world.

Traditionally, booking an organised adventure was a tedious and time-consuming process. Where will I stay? What activities will I do? What meals am I going to have? What operator can I trust? TourRadar makes booking multi-day adventures seamless and timely, partnering with 2,500+ operators to offer more than 50,000+ adventures in 160+ countries. Founded in 2010, TourRadar was the first to transition multi-day tours to an online marketplace, making them the leader in the industry.

In 2021, TourRadar further revolutionised the industry by introducing the Adventure Booking Platform, connecting travellers, operators, and travel agents to organised tours through one platform.

Sally I
Be advised don't book with this company. I booked a trip to Switzerland and it was cancelled by the company. It was less than a week after we booked the trip when they cancelled the trip. They would not refund the insurance we took out to protect the trip. I'm out of a trip and an extra $228 even though the trip isn't for 2 more months. It is difficult to get in touch with the company when you have a problem. They don't answer emails and reaching by phone is ridiculous.
The tour (London to Rome) was acceptable overall, below are Pro’s and Con’s as we experienced the tour. Pros 1. Two of four tour guides were helpful and added to our trip 2. Comfortable bus that was not too crowded 3. Hotel provided breakfast were good Cons 1. Very poor communication to the group about many things. We were told there would be “panels” at the first hotel and we would meet the guide in the evening for and introduction. Neither of these things happened and the guide showed up late in the morning. 2. The first guides English was not adequate for a tour guide. 3. The biggest complaint is the location of the hotels provided, they were always a long way from the city center. We were put in a hotel that was an hour out of London (with traffic) and were provided NO help on how to get to the city center. The same thing happened at every visited city – VERY disappointing. If a properly located hotel were not available, a pre-printed card with options for getting to the city the tour was visiting would be easy and valuable for the people on the tour. In some cases, we were given a handwritten note to take a picture of for help. On more than one occasion it was inaccurate or incomplete. 4. The tour was left mid-day in Paris and told that there would be no available transfer back to the hotel many kilometers away. People had no idea how to get back to the hotel, or even what the name of the hotel was. This was not communicated in advance to the people on the tour and the tour guide handled it poorly. Directions given on the spot by the tour guide about the subway system were wrong and added to the frustration.
We haven't been home more than a week from Egypt and I already miss my Egyptian tour guides and friends from Beyond the Nile. The itinerary they put together along with the accommodations and personal availability made for a vacation of a lifetime. The Egyptian tour guides were all very educated on Egyptian history and did well at keeping our 17 people group enthralled. This was not accidental, the guys from Beyond the Nile are very interested in the performance of these tour guides. After the tours they were at the hotel and would ask about the tour guides and what we thought. This was very assuring for us. As for the accommodations, the hotels and the cruise boat were very nice and we never had an issue with cleanliness. I will recommend that you bring Fabreeze for rooms as Egypt does allow smoking in rooms. My favorite hotel was the in Luxor as we had a front row view of the Nile at night with a great view of the Karnak Temple on the west bank lit up at night. Now let me talk about the overnight train from Cairo to Luxor. This is what I call an experience. My husband and I we made the best of this experience, however would we do it again..hmmm not sure. The train is managed by the government and although the porter does his best to help with your needs (food, drinks), the train compartments wreak of smoke (Fabreze) and the courters are not very big. Oh and you share a bathroom and it smells of urine. So, if you are up for that kind of experience then yes, if not upgrade for the flight. Now the tipping. If someone assists you with anything, they will ask for a tip. Although, you pay in advance for tips, you should get small Egyptian pound (5 or 10) so you can give them out. Even the excursions, although the guides are said to be tipping for group you will get whispers asking for more. It's completely up to you, but we just got small bills. Clothing: well as a female I was concerned that I wore the RIGHT clothing. What i will say to this is if your Grandma wouldn't approve.. then don't wear it. Otherwise dress comfortably and try to avoid sandals at the pyramids (lots of sand between the toes) and if you choose a skirt wear shorts under incase you want to ride the camels. If you are concerned about safety, I can honestly say I never felt concerned for my safety, well except for trying to cross streets (you will see what I'm referring to when you arrive). I hope you choose to go to Egypt and you won't be disappointed with this tour company they will set you up for a Trip of a Lifetime. You just need to be open to the opportunity. Must do's: Balloon ride Giza night show/dinner (if option) Museum of Civilization Abu Simbel Tombs of Ramses IV and V in Valley of Kings For the extra tours we did most of them and my favorite was the hot hair balloon ride over the Nile. This was such a surreal experience. At first, I thought of our safety, but I can assure you these guys are professionals. Once up in the air, I knew our captain knew his stuff. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!! Prepare to be amazed by the sunrise over the Nile and the view of the Hatshepsut Temple. Another MUST is Abu Simbel, this is a 3hr ride one way, but worth it and it is a great time to catch up on some sleep. Originally we did not select for this trip, but Ahmed convinced us to go and he was 100% correct!
TourRadar 5 star review on 9th November 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 9th November 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 9th November 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 9th November 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 9th November 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 9th November 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 9th November 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 9th November 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 9th November 2022
Disappointed Totally with no customer support.. August 2022 Worst experience in my life of traveling . Please don’t book tours unless you have gone through every detail of the description, what includes and not. If the insurance is included in your tour please get the fine print of the insurance. Because i had an accident while on tour and the insurance was included but they didn’t take me to a hospital, medical center or simply give any treatment. I had to do on my own. Please be careful with this company. They are just sponsoring tours from a third party operator from each country. TourRadar Reference ID 764253-11DVG
TourRadar 1 star review on 23rd October 2022 TourRadar 1 star review on 23rd October 2022 TourRadar 1 star review on 23rd October 2022 TourRadar 1 star review on 23rd October 2022
TURKEY TOUR OF 9 days was so DISAPPOINTING August 2022… Worst experience in my life of traveling . Please don’t book tours unless you have gone through every detail of the description, what includes and not. If the insurance is included in your tour please get the fine print of the insurance. Because i had an accident while on tour and the insurance was included but they didn’t take me to a hospital, medical center or simply give any treatment. I had to do on my own. Please be careful with this company. They are just sponsoring tours from a third party which they have no control over.
I do not know where to begin...our guide Vjeran was SPECTACULAR!!We saw everything.The Northern Lights, Whales,Snow,Waterfalls,Crater,and much,much more.I intend to revisit your beautiful country again in the near future and would hope that Vjeran would be my guide!!!!!!!Our accomadations ere faabulous, food great and of course the working fol ks GREAT! I have been home in Boston for less than 24 hours and miss you already!Give Vjeran a big hug from Alexander,Vicki,Rosemary and Bryan.
Would highly recommend Tour Radar! Myself, along with 2 lady friends have just enjoyed an outstanding 5 night private tour on Romania. Our Tour Guide Vlad was wonderful in every way, knowledgeable, easy to talk to, flexible with adjustments to itinerary (if needed), sense of humour. We were very lucky to be the only 3 passengers in a spacious and comfortable van. The places we visited and scenery were just sensational. Hotels were excellent, so well located and comfortable. Could not fault this tour. Well worth the cost. Lucky ladies were we!
TourRadar 5 star review on 12th October 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 12th October 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 12th October 2022 TourRadar 5 star review on 12th October 2022
Luxury private golden triangle tour. A honeymoon had been booked eventually having had to cancel 3 times because of Covid.Our honeymoon had been planned for the start of the tour 13 th October 2022. I recent had a hospital consultation and was instructed I need surgery for vascular disease.I informed the tour operator on the 19 th September of the dreadful situation and was told I couldn’t put the tour back I was unable to get a refund because the hotels had been booked and paid for. I had also booked hotels for prior to the tour and the ending of the tour extensions and was able to get a full refund or move dates. We are devastated by this news as we are not in a financial position to ever visit India again. Kim McCartney Robin Wilson
We were hosted in Egypt by Remon from timeless travel, he was really amazing, knowledgeable, kind and really proud of his heritage. I do feel that we had value for money with this tour, it was really busy however we really did get to experience the historical aspects of Egypt.
TourRadar 4 star review on 9th October 2022 TourRadar 4 star review on 9th October 2022 TourRadar 4 star review on 9th October 2022 TourRadar 4 star review on 9th October 2022 TourRadar 4 star review on 9th October 2022 TourRadar 4 star review on 9th October 2022 TourRadar 4 star review on 9th October 2022 TourRadar 4 star review on 9th October 2022 TourRadar 4 star review on 9th October 2022
Their website won't take my payment, I called them and repeated all of the travellers' information and they still couldn't confirm the payment, then they said they'd call me on Monday with their payment specialist, but nobody called me. So I then called on Monday, again, and they said they had no information about the reservation and that a payment specialist wasn't around but would call me the next day. This is just the most ridiculous process!
I would say overall this tour delivered on all its deliverables that it promises that you will see, HOWEVER, TourRadar contracts out each leg of your itinerary to smaller local travel companies, which caused problems for us. We were initially informed by an employee for a third-party travel company in Athens that all hotel transfers were private and that drivers would have our names at the airport/port, etc. However, in reality, this simply was not the case, which caused us major confusion and resulted in us missing our transfer once in Naxos where the driver did not have our names but the name of the hotel instead. Also, on that part of the tour, the transfer to our hotel was NOT private as previously indicated and the tour was over capacity unlike what was indicated on the website. Overall, the consistency of your travel experience cannot be guaranteed if you go with TourRadar, so I would recommend looking into other travel companies.
Let’s just say I travel a lot and have been on many tours in Europe and this was the worst. The context person on my bus didn’t speak English, never explained anything to the 8 other English people in my group. We had to bring our own luggage down to the bus every time. Had to chase him down and ask what time the bus is leaving every morning. Never explained anything to any of us. I ended up leaving the tour in Barcelona and doing my own thing and taking the fast train to Madrid. This tour had the worst customer experience ever.
Run! Run for your dear life and make sure they don’t take your 7,020.00 euros (roughly $10,000 Australian dollars). It was a nightmare from the moment I stepped on board. The cruise director, Jan Pedersen, had a hissy fit because 70 passengers did not turn up from USA. They were on the runway and the co-pilot didn’t show up so they couldn’t come. That’s when he had a melt down about his financial loses for a cruise ship that was supposed to have 150 people. I seem to become the sad target as I wasn’t told it was meant to be group bookings only and not individual travellers. On day 1 I approach him with my English printed excursion sheet and he says to me it’s all in German and the tour guides will be speaking in German and he can’t just change it for just me. I never even asked him to change it. I have a masters in international communication and I have worked as an employment and discrimination lawyer as well. I have never had a problem being surrounded by people who want to speak in their own language. I even gave him an example where a good friend (a city councillor in Australia) of Chinese descent invited me to his victory party (I was his campaign manager) and all his friends and family were Chinese and spoke Chinese. He asked if I would be offended or uncomfortable if they all spoke in Chinese. I had no problems. I enjoyed conversing in English with them and watching their culture and listening to their language. I thought this example would reassure Jan and it did make him come around. I even said I studied and came first in German in high school (many years ago) and he gave me his German excursion sheet. I used google to translate and the English sheet to compare and pick what I wanted. However, before he agreed, he said to me (like it was my fault) “do you know you’re the only individual on this group and from Tour Radar? Everyone else is in a group. You’re supposed to be in a group.” I soon realised how nasty it was becoming because I wasn’t part of a group. I also am not someone from a high socioeconomic background to please the cruise director. He said to me at one stage “where am I going to fit you? You’re not German, you’re not American bank group and you’re not from Israeli group.” I wanted to say I’m a human being and a paying customer, isn’t that enough? However I remained calm and civil. On my first excursion I got put with a German family and one couple who only spoke English and French. Before getting on the bus they had decided for Guide to speak in English instead of German and he said it was requested by the couple. I had no problems and he spoke in both German and English. I was upset though when I realised that, because I had emailed and complained to Tour Radar, the Guide was saying things familiar to my complaints that I had mentioned privately in my email to Tour Radar. A Tour Radar agent confirmed she had forwarded my email to the cruise director. I was upset but understood she did it to resolve the matter and with the begs intentions however Jan (cruise director) was stupid enough to tell the Guide and all of a sudden it was horrifying public knowledge instead of the matter being resolved privately and without bringing it to the attention of other guests. The cruise director, for some weird reason, got the tour guide involved and the tour guide said “don’t blame me, Jan got me to say it.” This was after I got angry that the tour guide was saying there was no segregation or racism if the customers were grouped according to languages. I said I’ve done my masters in international communication and languages have everything to do with culture and race. The worst part was when someone in the group said “maybe next time we’ll be able to have the tour in German.” I thought I never objected. I never requested it to be in English and the comment was underhanded but not surprising given the governing mentality of the cruise ship and the corporate culture highly influenced by a particular language (German) and as a result tied in to a cultural group, which makes others not welcomed (unless money plays a part and you’re from the “Old Second National Bank” or “Home State Bank” and then Jan and Leuftner is willing to turn a blind eye. As the saying goes “money, money always honey in a rich man’s world” (ABBA song). I had a second horrible experience where I could not freely sit wherever I wanted to - all the other groups had reserved tables (numbered tables) and so the segregation proceeded (the ones from the banking groups are all American, the Bishvils are all Jewish and some Germans are participating but they’re being called “the German group.” My first night I was told I’d feel more comfortable with the Americans. I said to the waiter I don’t mind if I sit with Germans. I don’t have a problem. They made a German family sit with me. Then the next morning at breakfast another waiter is forcing me to sit with the same German family. I thought what if I want to sit alone and I can’t be this woman hanging around a poor German family 24/7. What if they want family time. I said this to the waiter. This was my complaint to Tour Radar in the email that was advertised by Jan to the guide on the excursion. I return from the excursion and the head Hungarian hotel manager says he needs to speak to me about sitting arrangement. At this point I thought I’m going to go crazy as I haven’t enjoyed a single moment and every person keeps bringing it up. I let him speak and said to him I don’t want to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Please just resolve it and move on. He said I could sit wherever I like and any person I wanted to sit and have dinner with me, whether it be him or the captain or anybody else, would be happy to. However the nightmare didn’t end here. I went to dinner and one particular Hungarian waiter forced me to sit at a table with Americans. I didn’t have a problem at that point as I thought maybe he hasn’t been told yet. However try having dinner or eating with four to five new people each time asking you about your life. Sometimes sitting alone is nice and welcomed. Or choosing where you want to sit at all. Another meal time (I think it was lunch and before the Hungarian Hotel Manager spoke to me) I got told by three other waiters tell me I’d feel comfortable sitting at another table with Americans because I speak the same language. I’ve never felt offended in my life. I asked “you’re telling me I should sit with Americans just because I speak English?” The reply was a simple “yes.” They didn’t know (or cared) that I am Armenian by nationality, born in Lebanon and my mother speaks in broken English (which I always tell her she speaks in perfect English to me). The icing on the cake was when at another lunch time I saw two sets of plate as I tried to sit there (feeling very uncomfortable about the whole table reservations based on language and culture) I was told two people had requested to sit alone. I thought how very accomodating for them. Is it because they’re German or become they have money? At one time I had an argument with Jan about how it’s not my fault if Tour Radar booked me for this trip if it’s meant to be a group trip. He said it’s Tour Radar’s fault because Tour Radar would have been told by Leuftner that they only accept group bookings. He tried to blame solely Tour Radar and I said to him that it really was Leuftner’s fault for taking my money and forcing me on a trip from hell. I said if it is Leuftner’s policy that there can’t be any individual travellers and only group bookings then Leuftner should have stood by its policy and morals and told Tour Radar “No sorry you have to go back and tell this individual we only accept group bookings” and not have taken my money. I said “either Lueftner should have stood by it’s principles and company policy or chosen to make money (profit).” It obviously chose to make money and didn’t care that an individual like myself would be faced with such distress and discomfort and have an extremely bad trip as long as the other “groups” are happy with their experiences. There is so much more I could tell you. I’ve been forced to sit potatoe chips and chocolate in my cabin so I don’t have to deal with the whole dinner situation and the seating. Yesterday I cancelled got on the D-Day trip with the “American group” and the “Israeli Group” as Jan calls them because of the bad experience of having to listen about stones and walls and being the only person on the tour. D-Day was important as a small amount of Australians were part of the British Navy/Army and also flew across the skies in the efforts to save their fellow American Army/Navy friends. A great day robbed because of a cruise director, ship and company policy that “languages” (in essence cultures) must be grouped. I have chronic pain and because I didn’t go on that bus trip I was forced to walk over an hour to the next town (tourist information said it was an easy 40minutes walk) to see Victor Hugo’s museum and then back an hour to the boat. If I was even told by the ship personnel that there is absolutely nothing to do in Caudebec en Caux and they don’t open cafes or restaurants (very little) until 3pm I wouldn’t have gone out. However if I had that comfortable bus trip to Normandy Beach and the other areas I wouldn’t have come to the ship and put heat pack, with huge blister underneath my feet and unbearable pain throughout the evening and then only to be brought to tears by a heartless cruise director. He changes his mind the way sails change in the wind. My final complaint yesterday was when I received a late brochure about today’s events. I was shocked that it was different from what the initial tour brochure stated, which was that guests we didn’t want to go on any excursion could get off at Les Andeleys and then get off at Vernon. The daily program (brochure) that was brought to me last night stated that if you don’t go on an excursion you cannot leave the boat. I was upset. When I phoned the front desk one cruise personnel told me a ridiculous reason. He said those tourists who aren’t on an excursion cannot leave the ship because the Mayor of Les Andeleys doesn’t allow it. Imagine telling a lawyer who has also worked alongside criminals such a ridiculous lie. I went along with it and then I phoned back and asked if I could speak to Jan but he said Jan was busy after I heated him speaking to someone. You see, one thing I discovered about Jan’s character is that he loves the sound of his voice. One evening he hurried the guests upstairs of where we were late to hear him speak. I looked at one waiter (as one intelligent American observed they are all Romanians because they’re cheap labour) with all these dishes he was picking up and I said can I have tea as it hadn’t been served (part of the supposedly free and available 24 hours as part of the package). He says yes you can go upstairs and have it there or here. I said I’ll go up as I felt sorry for him and then I ask for tea upstairs and I get hit with a bill of 2,50 euros. I was shocked! Nevertheless back to last night, so I was speaking to Jan and I asked him about daily brochure and if guests could not get off was this because the ship was going to go to Vernon to pick up the other guests on the excursion and he says yes. I replied to him that this was not what the initial brochure said, which would constitute false advertising by Tour Radar and Leuftner, and that I wanted to go complain to Lueftner management and I wanted an email. Jan says I can email him. I knew if I email him that email wouldn’t see the light of day and a very intelligent and switched on American tourist said the same thing to me before I brought it to his attention. Luckily there are highly intelligent guests on this ship. I tell Jan I don’t want to email him and I want to email Leuftner management and in an arrogant and angry voice he says “I am the cruise director and I am a the highest one here on the cruise ship.” What an arrogant person I thought! The highest one on the ship in terms of rank and management is the ship’s captain. Tonight we’re having a farewell dinner with the Captain but, again, I won’t be attending and I’ll be starving in my room with potato chips and chocolate. Jan then tells me to email Tour Radar and I said Tour Radar is only the sales agent and not the one responsible for this cruise or the experiences I’ve had to endure. I then said I need to get off this ship. I’ll go on the cruise and he says “no, you wrote a letter saying you don’t want to do the tour anymore. You can’t change your mind. You’re not going.” I was shocked and distressed given that he first tried to persuade me to go and because I said I was going to complain he then refused for me to go on the excursion. He has tried to talk to me several times today and I have not wanted to have anything to do with him. I have written to Tour Radar but not received a response. I’m literally on this ship and I can’t wait to get to Paris and go home. DO NOT BOOK THIS CRUISE OR BOOK ANY OF LEUFTNER OR AMADEUS. However, that being sad my heart goes out to the staff and crew who are so generous, hard working and have tried to been so supportive of me and my ordeal on this ship. As the American guest said, Jan only spoke in German when he was drawing the raffle tickets and on the day the majority of guests returned from Normandy Beach for the remembrance of D-Day. he didn’t realise that most of the guests were on the other side of where the gun was being pointed: down at the beach towards Americans (obviously the rest were Jewish who’s ancestors survived the holocaust. I’ve never come across such a toxic environment where guests are “grouped” and solo travellers are caused distress and money matters so much to a cruise director and to Lueftner obviously. I told Jan this morning he only cares about money and little does he know I have the admiration and respect of several Australian politicians and former Australian Prime Ministers. I said I don’t have money but I have their admiration and respect.
I am trying to book a tour through Tour Rader. I have contacted about 6 tour companies on the list and not one company has got in touch with me. I have made two or 3 attempts. What is wrong.
Wij hebben “Het beste van Zwitserland 1-8 t/m 9-aug” geboekt. Reis organisator zou iemand aansturen & ons (4 mensen) laten oppikken bij treinstation Zurich ZB en zouden brengen naar hotel. Trein aankomst tijd heb ik eerder al doorgegeven aan reis organisator-Tourradar. Helaas op de eerste dag (1-aug) was er niemand van Tourradar aanwezig toen wij aangekomen waren in Zurich. Wij hebben gezocht, gewacht, en konden niemand vinden. Wij hebben gebeld. Het werd aan ons verteld dat wij daar nog ongeveer 15min-30min moeten blijven wachten. Na het bellen hebben we taxi genomen om zelf naar hotel te gaan. Omdat we op Zurich treinstation niet meer konden wachten. We waren al uitgeput na een lange reis van +/-10u lang (trein van Nederland naar Zurich). - Ophalen dag was voor ons beleving heel slecht geregeld. - Overnachting op de hele 9 dagen tour was op sommige plaats is ok, op andere plaats niet ok (kamer was klein, hotel was oud enz..) - ontbijt op enkele hotel is ok, en op andere hotel is waardeloos. Er stond weinig eten op de tafel. - Tourgids vertelde weinig over bezoekplaats in zwitserland, tijdens busreis. Kortom hele tour viel ons heel erg tegen.
Easy, helpful, with quick response. Makes your travel worry less and enjoyable.
Tourradar wildwest with Amadeo. Tour guides Roberto and steve cirello are excellent.Drivers are good except the one who drove us to LA with sprinter on Aug.5.He was impolite, irritable, disrespectful and practically yelling at us.We are with italians and french tourists and they were not impressed. This driver is ruining your reputation. When the Italian was begging to stop by nearest starbucks coz one of them needs to use the bathroom, he said , this is not Europe.He was practically yelling at my husband when he mistakenly stopped in 4pts sherraton in culver city which we did not asked for.While in Vegas , my husband asked Roberto if we can be dropped off our hotel in LAX 4 pts sherraton in Airport BLVD.and he said no, we dont do that.To begin with, farmers market and 4 pts sherraton CULVER city are the pick and drop off venues.
Trip cancelled and $400 deposit lost!!
Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your valuable feedback. We regret to see that you have made the choice to cancel your tour and were unhappy with the cancellation fees involved. Please note that when preparing these tours, operators have to use these finances with many third parties to book well in advance. Each of these operators also has its own policies regarding refunds, and in many cases, it is just not possible, which is why deposits are sometimes kept by the operator in the cancellation process. That said, we would love to hear your feedback and gain a better understanding of how we can better improve the booking process for you in future where possible, as well as see if any other options may be available to you. To better assist, one of our agents will be in touch with you directly and we look forward to supporting you in any way we can. Kind regards, The TourRadar Team
Dario was Avery good tour guide
Mahogony was very professional and helpful in booking this trip for my birthday. I definitely recommend her. Thanks so much!
TourRadar is rated 4.6 based on 6,606 reviews