TourRadar Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Under an hour
Read TourRadar Reviews

About TourRadar:

TourRadar is every traveller’s go-to source to compare and book multi-day group tours, thanks to our international team of online tour specialists. We house the largest amount of reviews on our website, providing travellers unbiased comparisons of tours from tour companies both big and small.

"Is TourRadar safe? Is TourRadar legitimate?" or, "is TourRadar reliable?" Simply read verified customer reviews, left by real travellers who have booked a tour with TourRadar and find out for yourself.

How would you rate our Customer Service?
Managed to cancel my booking and score a full refund. Bit of miscommunication but all sorted at the end. All thanks so Claire from tourradar for sorting things out for me. Would have beem wonderful experience if I could travel with my original plan which unfortunately shattered due to Covid outbreak but you never know may be next time. Till then stay safe everyone.
Very disappointed in their response to Coranavirus pandemic. Obviously not concerned about welfare of individuals. They dont care about health of older people who are advised to cancel their booking due to high level of risk of adverse outcome if infected. TourRadar WILL NOT RELAX their cancellation policy in this unique situation. I am having to pay 30% of tour cost when cancelling and if I leave it another few days it will be 60%!@ Do not recommend this company.
Hi Carol,

Thank you for your feedback. As a booking platform, TourRadar is not responsible for and does not set the terms and conditions for cancellation, as these are decided by each individual operator for their tours. We are bound to these, as are you, the traveller, who agreed to them at the time of booking.

Trafalgar, the operator for your tour, has suspended all of their departures up until the 30th April, for tours to Europe, UK, the Middle East, Argentina, India, Asia, New Zealand, Australia and Africa. Their tours to The Americas are still currently running as per normal.

We've had a look at your booking and as it is a North American tour departing in May, we can see this is currently unaffected and Trafalgar is still running this tour. With the situation constantly evolving, they will aim to keep it this way and only suspend the tour if and when it's deemed necessary. First and foremost, traveller safety is their top priority.

We would like to kindly let you know that TourRadar is currently working on convincing operators to relax their terms and conditions in order to face the current situation. We are doing all we can to assist our customers in this crisis situation, but are still bound to each individual operator's policy.

We can see your cancellation is currently in progress, and will reach out to you shortly via your booking page, once we have an update.

The TourRadar Team
HI I BOOK A 14 DAYS MEDITERANEAN DELIGHTS TOUR IN 12/10/19 MY LIFETIME VACATION, MY TOUR BEGINS IN 6/6/2020 COUNTRIES TO VISIT SPAIN, FRANCE,ITALY TODAY IS 3/14/2020 WE ARE ON A PANDEMIC CORONA VIRUS ALERT I CALL TOURRADAR FOR A REFUND ON MY TOUR VACATION AND THEIR RESPONSE IS TO WAIT AND THEY WOULD LET ME KNOW WHAT COURSE OF ACTION THEY WOULD TAKE I THINK IS PATHETIC THAT THEY CANNOT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR IS A MAJOR WORLD HEALTH PROBLEM AND THEY SHOULD REFUND MY DEPOSIT.
Hi Eddy,

Thank you for your feedback. As a booking platform, TourRadar is not responsible for and does not set the terms and conditions for cancellation, as these are decided by each individual operator for their tours. We are bound to these, as are you, the traveller, who agreed to these at the time of booking.

With the current global health situation, government advisories and flight restrictions changing every day, operators are working hard to ensure they're making the best decisions they can for their travellers. Cosmos, the operator for your booking, has currently suspended all of their departures globally up until the 30th April.

For departures after this point, including your's, they have a lenient policy in place that allows you to change the date/tour without penalties. However, deposits remain non-refundable for cancellations, as per their terms. We will be in touch with you shortly via your booking page to further clarify this for you, and to give you your options in full.

How would you rate our Customer Service?
DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY PROMISE 100% REFUND IF THEY CANCEL - THEN REFUSE TO REFUND WHEN THEY CANCEL. They can't be trusted. They don't answer emails or calls. They give you less than 48 hours notice - when you're already in transit, no less with a sorry, but we'll be keeping your money email. That's it. Their response to this special situation has been to change their policy to benefit them and only them, not the client. Stay away and save your money.
Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. As a booking platform, TourRadar is not responsible for and does not set the terms and conditions for cancellation, as these are decided by each individual operator for their tours. We are bound to these, as is the traveller.

With the current global health situation, government advisories and flight restrictions changing not just daily but multiple times every day, operators are working hard to ensure they're making the best decisions they can for their travellers. That is why in this instance, Intrepid Travel unfortunately had to cancel your tour.

This is an unprecedented situation where government bodies have made it impossible to run tours. We are currently communicating with the tour operator to get more information about this and can get back to you once we better understand the situation

We will be in touch with you shortly via your booking page to communicate further with you.

The TourRadar Team
BE CAREFUL!!!!! WORSE COMPANY EVER!! They literally only care about taking your money. I tried to cancel my trip three months in advance due to corona virus concerns and they said I would only receive 50% of my refund because they had booked flights and hotels already. Then when I asked for proof (I hadn’t given them my passport number yet so they couldn’t have booked any flights) they refused to send me any receipts. I was bullied into changing my dates where they again tried to charge me another $800. I changed it and after finding out they were charging me $800 I chose to cancel. The same day US put travel bans on Europe For corona virus,and they responded by saying “well you already changed your dates so you will still only get a 50% refund. THEY ARE AWFUL HUMAN BEINGS!!! I’ve never written a bad review anywhere but I will post this EVERYWHERE! No one should have to deal with these kind of people. Still haven’t even received my 50% refund. $3700 total.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. TourRadar, as a booking platform, is working with many operators who all have their owns terms and conditions and cancellation policies.

Operators are monitoring the situation closely as the governmental advisories are being updated every day.

We can see that your operator applied their usual terms and conditions because your travel date is at the moment set for August. However, we understand that it was originally closer and that you changed the date specifically because of the virus.

We will then reach out to your operator and ask if they would be able to make an exception on this case.

We will be in touch with you shortly via your booking page once we have more information.

How would you rate our Customer Service?
Tourradar is great. They resolved my Europe Tour predicament to my satisfaction in the light of the present coronavirus catastrophe. My booking is rescheduled for late next year without a cancellation fee. I recommend tour radar for their understanding and timely assistance.
Hello Ashley,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

We have had a chance to take a look at your booking and see that you canceled your tour on March 2nd. This was before the Italian Government placed an Italy-wide lockdown in the region. Expat Explore have since changed the itinerary for this tour and it no longer enters Italy whatsoever. We will reach out to you soon to go over your tour options at this stage.

As your booking platform, our terms and conditions mirror those directly from the tour operator. At the time of cancellation, your tour was still operating as scheduled. However, as the situation changed, Expat Explore made alternative arrangements for their upcoming tour based on the new information.

We understand that this is a frustrating situation and one that continues to change based on decisions that are out of anyone's control. Saying this, we are monitoring the situation very closely and doing all we can to help travelers at this time.

Again, though your tour is currently canceled, we will be reaching out to you very shortly to go over your tour options now that the tour does not head into Italy.

The TourRadar Team
Was looking to book a tour and found a German Escape tour by Globus advertised on Tourradar for $939. Never tried TourRadar before so read reviews and thought I'd give them a go, so I booked for my wife and I. Paid a $700 deposit and then receive an email message from Tourradar to say their is an issue with their website and it's displaying a discount that doesn't apply to the tour advertised and the price is now $1300 per person. I cancelled the booking and 4 days later I'm still waiting for my deposit to be released and the same tour is still on the website for $939, so beware. Wouldn't use again.
Hello Brett,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

After taking a look at your booking, we understand exactly where you are coming from. As all prices on our website are loaded from the Tour Operators website automatically -it seems as though there was a discount pulling through which was not applicable for this specific tour and had to be adjusted manually.

However, we were able to increase your TourRadar savings to try and match the original savings price. Though there was still a slight difference in pricing, we understand that you wanted to go ahead and declined the booking.

We thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and our Tech Team has since corrected the pricing on our site. Please be sure to reach out to our Customer Support team who are available 24/7 to help answer any further questions or concerns you may have.

The TourRadar Team
After my booking was confirmed and arrived in Rome, I found out that my booking has now been declined for discriminatory reasons. Tour Radar stopped me from going on a confirmed trip because of my country of origin, even though I am a permanent residence in Europe. When I called they gave me a laughable kindergarten excuse which made it more clearer that they discriminate racially.
Hello Levy,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear of the disappointment caused while booking your vacation on our site. We can see in your booking conversation that multiple alternative options were offered to you as a result of this, and trust the alternative options provided to you enabled you to enjoy your trip in Italy.

The security of our platform and booking payments is of utmost importance to you, our customers, our partners and our team here at TourRadar.

Like any responsible e-commerce company, we have security measures in place in order to protect our customers, tour providers and your personal data & payment information. We regret that your holiday booking was affected by these security checks & measures, but as we have discussed with you at length, the rejection of your booking was by no means based on any form of discrimination, racial or otherwise. We’re sorry to hear that you believe that to be the case. As we have attempted to clarify, your booking was declined as a consequence of standard security verifications and checks that were not met.

We’re proud to send travellers from all over the globe to their desired destinations through a safe and secure booking process. We're happy to continue this discussion further with you in your booking conversation if you wish and will continue to welcome you back to TourRadar for any future travel bookings.

How would you rate our Customer Service?
I received a quote for a tour and paid the deposit as per request. 3 days later I received an email to say that there was a glitch and the wrong price was quoted by Tour Radar. We paid the deposit based on the quote given and as we were on a wait list for that tour it was too late to book with another company. I would expect that as it was an error made by Tour Radar they should of honoured our quote.
Hello Vivienne,

Thank you for your time on the phone today and for taking the time to offer us your feedback. We can reassure as discussed, that the pricing on your confirmed booking is consistent with the initial quote provided, but understand this was not the only issue at hand. We can also see that there was a typo in the email address we had on file for you which delayed communications somewhat as you were naturally, not receiving our emails.

We sincerely regret the multiple issues you've had while placing your booking and hope that the additional savings we've offered you can make up for at least some of the inconvenience caused.

We remain here for you, should you need any further assistance.

How would you rate our Customer Service?
I find it frustrating and unhelpful that I can't pay off the tour balance before the due date. For a tour company that prides itself on "booking made easy" I don't think it makes booking easy at all - it's so inconvenient.
How would you rate our Customer Service?
Although TourRadar provides fast customer service, when it comes to payments and money matters it is pretty messy. This is especially likely to happen if you request a change, such as single supplement etc. They can mess it up and pretty much charge you whatever they want and not what you see on the screen. I booked the Bolivia, Argentina and Peru Adventure they charge me approx. $9000 instead of the approved approx. $7500, leaving me in a foreign country with no money. It took me three days in the bank to adjust the error. It was the third time the company overcharged me by mistake. In the previous instances, I had placed a cap on my credit card so they could not get the money. I suggest when one makes a purchase from them should place a restriction on the card. Apart from that the discounts and rewards are attractive.
Hi Stavros

We appreciate your honest feedback about your experience and are glad to hear you enjoy the TourRadar benefits and customer service.

We'd like to clarify that we do not have any leeway to charge 'whatever we like' and as we attempted to advise to you in your booking conversations, the charges you incurred were wholly enforced by your bank, not by TourRadar. We will only ever charge what the tour operators advise is relevant to your tour request - so any add ons such as single supplements or if the tour is On Request will be charged accordingly, but nothing further. We regret if this was not clear at the outset and appreciate your continued use of TourRadar to enjoy your fantastic travel adventures!

How would you rate our Customer Service?
Our experience so far with Tour radar has been a very good one. They answered all our questions quickly and effectively ;) ????
Glad to hear it Julia! We will most definitely keep it up for you :)

Thanks

How would you rate our Customer Service?
No long waits to speak to someone online, questions answered almost immediately, cheaper than booking through actual companies.
How would you rate our Customer Service?
Very helpful staff when I had a query. Quick reply via phone call. Reassuring. Can't wait for my trip now (dec 2016, southern India unplugged).
Claire we're so happy to hear you enjoyed your booking experience! Thank you for the kind words, we are looking forward to assisting you with the trip to India.

How would you rate our Customer Service?
Tour radar"s customer are very kindly and given a good respond to answer my question
Thank you Eva for such lovely feedback, we really appreciate it and will be sure to pass it along to the team!

How would you rate our Customer Service?
Booking process was really quick and easy. An agent contacted me straight away to help complete the booking & confirmed it pretty much there and then. Would definitely recommend.
Thanks so much for the kind words, it was a pleasure to help!
How would you rate our Customer Service?
Awesome - held my spot for 48 hours whilst I made arrangements and responded to my questions very quickly. Was able to book quickly with no complications :)
The tour was great. I saw everything I wanted , and even a little more. Tours were conducted by experienced and knowledgeable guides. The sea, temples, sights - all at the highest level, and the price is acceptable. I recommend it!
would b nice if you sent me an email confirm ounce i booked this trip had to go out of my way to put the info in my files
Hey Brian,

Thank you very much for booking another amazing tour with TourRadar as well as for taking the time to leave a review.

We have taken a look at your booking and can see that your tour was automatically confirmed as soon as the booking was made.

Remember, if you need any assistance with your booking, our Customer Support team is available 24/7 via email, live chat, and telephone!

How would you rate our Customer Service?
I spoke with several individuals who gave of their time to explain the tour and I was very pleased with their professional tone. I would like to thank everyone I spoke with during my frequent calls.
TourRadar is rated 4.55 based on 5,789 reviews