CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
They don't even deserve half a star. I Went down to buy Doctor Sleep 2 disc bluray + UHD for £25 which contains an extended directors cut on the second disc so asked to look at the discs and it was the normal edition with 1 disc and 1 UHD. They had this in HMV new for £14.99 and also at zavvi. They blamed it on the seller and said thats how they got it but the tray was only for the 2 disc so it was obvious they was just trying to sell it off as the rare limited version. It still remains listed on the site as well so they are still trying to sell it. Ive also had problems in the past with photo copied covers and missing booklets which was printed on the cover that it contained. I always double make sure of everything if I ever buy from them but really they are to be avoided.
would not recommend buying from here , my item came completely broken and they did not offer a replacement even tho it had a guarantee . over all bad experience. do not buy from here
- fake reviews on mainstream sites eg google / trustpilot
- will do anything to ignore retail law and avoid having to refund
- remember your bank can charge a transaction back even if CeX refuse to refund. they think they can make their own rules up eg 'you can only have store credit'. i had to follow this route after getting nowhere with customer services.
Totally get that you are working with less staff but why not close orders so you can cope? At the moment you are buying and selling and getting inundated making a pretty poor experience for everyone involved.

It's totally unacceptable to keep taking in orders and trades with no ability to actually complete these in a reasonable and quoted time frame, They are now saying payment will slip from 7 to 14 to 21 days and even then I'm not convinced. ZERO warning on website.

This seems more like a cash flow issue than a staffing issue. They never 'test' games in store just check and pay. I fear they may be struggling for for-fill payments hence delays.

Support only responded as I called them out on Twitter.

In short: Slow Service Poor Customer Service Wont use again and COVID19 excuses only go so far
I wish I had read some reviews before I brought from these. I took lots of items into Cex for my 11yr old son as he want to save for gaming pc which we were going to buy privately. We had £214 for goods. Staff asked son what he was going to spend money on he said gaming pc. How do i wish we never had that conversation! So long story short we went by the staffs advice and ordered one. Son so happy when it arrived untill we opened box! Which was a bog standard office pc! I was not happy. Took straight back to Cex all I wanted was a refund but as we paid in voucher as was talked into buying from them we couldn't have one even though I was told this was a gaming pc so I had no chose but to add another £220 towards another where I was told was a gaming pc this time but was coming from another shop and being delivered! When arrived son was happy excited even though it wasn't in best of condition even though grade B! 8wks down line the line pc won't update won't reset and has black screen when try any! Been in contact with Microsoft done everything they told us but still don't work. So I'm not happy to say the least and son well he is heart broken and has not gaming pc that works in this period of current lockdown. Sent email to CEX yesterday stating I want a full refund and pick up of this unsable pc. Will keep you updated on answer. Very very disappointed customer.
Here is a company who will pay a member of its head office staff; Imran; hundreds of pounds to reject warranty claims despite the cost of handling the claim exceeding the cost of the goods. Why they continue to be aloud to trade or why anyone in their right mind even darken's their door steps is now a mystery to me. If you want to have a bad experience 'Buy from CeX'.
Wrong items and unworking items sent, the whole order ruined of an expensive games system, ordered and sent during corona crisis so they obviously purposely tried to mug me off knowing I couldnt go in store to rectify their mistakes or return
Total scam artists, avoid like the plague, will sell you faulty items and the only refund you a voucher which is worth half what you paid! AVOID!!!
They’re alright depending on what staff and store you get I go to the one in East Ham and trust a young lad to always serve me has helped me sort out issues other staff cannot a really good worker
Been fined £1000 because of Cex and there wrong doing, you should do the correct checks, goodness knows how this company is still running is beyond me.
I ordered a microphone kit and if you want to search it up it is the zingyou kit b mic. all that came was the microphone no kit not even a wire to plug it in.
So far my experience is not good I bought a phone from them 5 weeks ago. I used this phone for a week then it's not charging I return the phone 4 weeks later the phone is waiting a repair! Refused a refund! If I buy another phone I wont be able to get a refund! The customer service is poor in future I will be avoiding
Disgusting company and rude staff. I have been fined due to CEX's fault, they did not do the right checks on my products, fined 500 then added another 500, i am taking this further. Avoid this company at all costs..
I bought a NOW TV box, which itself was fine. The description was not clear fi it included remotes, so I checked and it did. It's all to do with their ABC rating where A is newest, but I assumed C was latest model. Upon arrival, it contained no HDMI cables, so I had to order these separately elsewhere. Try as I might, I could not get these points over on their review page as they kept rejecting it. So, if they only allow positive reviews, how can they be trusted?
Under value your goods, and will try and find absolutely the smallest things possible not to trade in. Ended up taking my Nintendo DS Ato Game store instead when they refused to treads in and ended up with £18 more. Advise to use Game instead for trade in.. at least the Cardiff store anyway.
I RETURNED A FAULTY LAPTOP I BOUGHT ONLINE FROM CEX, FOR £250 .
I WAITED OVER A WEEK FOR THEM TO TEST IT AND THEN THEY LIED THAT IT DOESNT MATCH THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE ONE THEY SENT ME..... SHOW ME EVIDENCE OF THIS AS I TOOK PHOTOS OF THE LAPTOP .
WHAT A DESPICABLE WAY TO TREAT CUSTOMERS.
I WILL NEVER BUY OR SELL TO THESE CROOKS EVER AGAIN
Not even worthy of 1 star!!! Don't bother buying second hand through them, you will live to regret it and be out of pocket. Bought a laptop from them a year and a bit ago, have barely used it as was given a work laptop. Now it won't turn on at all. Dell suggested a coin cell battery change, I did that but that wasn't the issue it made no difference. I contacted CEX and because I changed a battery the warranty is void. They won't even look at it to see what went wrong even though this has NOTHING to do with whatever fault there is. £350 down the drain and now have to buy a NEW laptop!!
(Gallowtree Gate, Leicester)

Offensive and rude standard of service.

I've been using Cex for about 10 years & have witnessed their level of service deteriorate however today will be the final straw.

Having a clear out at home & took a wireless keyboard / mouse set. Right from walking in the door it seemed the 'customer service advisor' (a term used very loosely..) was determined to find fault.

Offensive as it would hardly be worthwhile for me to try & sell a faulty low value item.

Firstly he seemed to insist that there was a problem with the battery cover until the supervisor stepped in & confirmed it was fine.

Then, probably out of small minded spite, he found a small cosmetic crack in the bottom of the keyboard & rejected it on this basis.

Took it to another nearby shop who brought it straight away.

I appreciate you are brand complacent Cex & so you assume that minimum wage customer service advisers are ok to offend customers. I can tell you however this is not acceptable.
5 members of staff 4 customers and i still waited 14 minutes to buy the one game i had in my hand.
Sent me a console out it was faulty they swapped it for another once again faulty
CeX is rated 1.98 based on 464 reviews