CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
I ordered an Apple accessory which was supposed to be delivered on 22 Jan. On 22 Jan courier left a calling card after a failed attempted to deliver per tracking. However per the same tracking, in 3 minutes time, the item had been marked delivered. Seeing this, I went home later and saw that a calling card had been left, but no sign of the package. Tracking chat on the courier website said that it would have been scanned wrongly. Next evening, I went to the courier depot only to be told that the package hadn't been returned to them and that they'd pass it on to senior management for investigation. Assuming that it might have been mistakenly not returned to the depot, and naively believing the chat, booked for a redelivery for the following Saturday through the courier website. Next day however, got a call from courier saying they still couldn't trace it.

Seller sent me a review request on trust pilot. In this, the missing package issue was noted and a customer support executive emailed me. They wanted the copy of the reverse of the calling card which was sent to them on 29 January. Then I was sent this email on 30 Jan. The customer support executive eventually, after a few back and forth emails, wrote back saying "...Based on the conclusion, they have stated that the package has been handed over to you by the courier team."

I am completely flummoxed by this reply from the seller and unsure what to do next. It appears that only sender can claim for insurance in the case of the type of delivery booked.

I had asked for further information on means to recourse but customer support wrote back repeating their last email saying it was delivered without providing clear information on how to escalate the issue.

So having paid nearly £50, I am now left without the item, and a seller who won't acknowledge this, leaving me without any recourse to a refund/reclaim. Lesson learnt: Should have gone to apple store and bought it full price :(
I sent them a question by email in November about a particular item of mine. They confirmed that they received my email.

Despite several reminders, they still haven't bothered to reply.

Useless company
Wasted Journey

I saw an item that indicated it was not available on CEX online but stated that the item was available at the Ellesmere Port store (x2). I checked online prior to travelling to the Ellesmere Port store to be informed that this item had already been sold online! This therefore resulted in a wasted journey and a cost to myself! The online website should be updated more regular to reflect what is available online and in CEX stores.
How can they really justify doubling up on their prices I just looked at what I could sell my note 10 plus 5g for and even if I went for in store credit I still couldnt afford to buy the basic iphone 11 when clearly the note 10 plus 5g is a much better phone so I wouldnt want to swap for 1 of those anyway but how could you not even be able to do that if you did want to their buying prices are shocking and so are their selling prices tbf
When i bought an iPhone I was told that it wouldn't work immediately because it needed charging. I took it home and it wouldn't charge up.I took it back to the shop and they couldn't fix it. So two completely wasted journeys and my time just because CEX put an iPhone up for sale that didn't work. Very poor service.
what a joke of a shop there can do one i took in my gtx 1050ti windforce oc 4gb graphics card there told me to come back in 1 hour so i did and went back in there and there said the card doesnt work thats bull because i test the card before i went to the shop i ask them did you plug in the power for the card there said no we dont need to i said yes you do and i got proof of that card working and i got my support worker with me aswell on my review of cex do not sell or buy stuff them
Let me tell you what has happened so far with this literal corrupt company.

I sent off my items all well and good, the second they received them they updated me (that's fine) but then have me wait over a week and not even tell me why they are not updating me is ridiculous.

The funny thing is, they waited for me to write them an email and then rushed to reply back telling me my items are not sellable due to no serial number on a controller and Xbox one.

If this wasn't bad enough, they already accepted one controller without a serial number.

To top it off, the number provided to call doesn't let you speak to anybody, it just asks you for your order number, then the second you try to say it or type it, the phone says "the other person has cleared" I tried the phone about 4 times and the same thing happens over and over again.

They are leaving me unsure of what they are doing with my items, wether they are just discarding them or sending them back to me leaving me cautious.

My honest opinion, don't sell to these guys, they truly are a worthless company in the sense they don't care for their customers.

If my items are not given back to me in the same condition as I sent them in, or if they don't give them back, there will be further action taken and this won't be the last of it.

The internet will see what CeX is all about and they will no longer have a company. They have truly chosen to one to many people to do this to. Have a good day :)
Sadly CEX is currently in breach of their terms of warrentee and I am struggling to get an official complaint to be correctly processed. I feel that they have very limited understanding of good customer service and it all smacks of someone answering emails from.their bedroom with no real understanding of grammar, fact or purchasing laws 🤦🏼‍♀️buyer beware - if you want cheap dont expect any sort of customer service and dont expect them to care when you have a problem with your goods as they really dont.
returned a broken xbox after 6 month they refused to sort it. managed to repair it myself once i got home. anyone else had similiar sitution jist take to to tje small claim court its called money claim take 5 minutes to do online.
Didn't follow procedure when selling item but follow it when returning, terrible customer service. Rather than try to diffuse the situation the staff member just made it by stating out loud to each other that they follow procedures when they feel it's necessary. Worse customer service experience I've ever had in the past 20 years.
Company is an utter disgrace, I sent a Bluetooth speaker in which was in perfectly good condition and like new only to have it returned by them saying that there was damage. I packed the speaker in plenty of wrapping so there wouldn’t be any damage. Speaker was returned with the front grill which was stuck down firmly when sent pulled away from the bottom of the unit. I don’t know what staff they employ here but I will be taking this matter up further as this is not the first time I’ve had problems with this company. Advice I’d give to the company is, if you damage an item someone tries to sell to you in good faith, then you should be held responsible for the damage and at least have the good faith to pay.
I`m furious ! I had a perfect camera [no longer used ] excellent condition , [looked as new ! ] it had the full `kit` -SD card , brand new charger & two new batteries . I had zero idea of its value ! I was offered £92 . After reflection I accepted reluctantly . Two days later I found my ex camera in CEXs window [Stafford high st Branch ] at £180 !!! I had a secondhand but good condition [they tested ] 70/300 telephoto lens [Sigma] only offered £25 ; I`m very glad I took the Sigma lens around to `Cash Converters ` who offered me DOUBLE at £ 50 ! CEX , you are a RIP OFF company !
They always try to get away with offering the lower amount whatever condition the item is in. Don't go in thinking you'll get the appropriate value. They'll try to con you. And don't accept bank transfer, because they will definitely give the lowest amount then.
Sold them a faulty Iphone as working. They fell for it - suckers
Hears the head office number ment to be for internal communication only.....

Give them hell people!!

02085361561
I ordered an iphone, I paid £115, I waited two weeks (when a special one day delivery was “promised”). Nothing came.

I found out my order was delivered to someone else! I found out this MYSELF. Nothing was sent to notify me. No one from CEX was interested in the case. I had to investigate everything myslef. So much HASSLE! Every time I was approaching cex, Puneet from customer sevices was sending to me automatic responses that “we are sorry your product was delivered to a wrong person. Allow us 48 hours”. And this continued a week and a half. Then, I had to change my attitude in order to make them act. Two weeks and a half after I paid, after their “one day”special delivery and after my 10 emails, they refunded me. Based on my nightmare personal experience, I Do NOT RECOMMEND using cex at all!
DO NOT SELL TO CEX. I recently took my 2012 MacBook Pro in to sell, which was in great condition with no scratches or dents, as well as functioning very well too. I took it to CEX and they gave me a quote of £250, assuring me that the laptop looked in good condition and so there should be no problem. I had wiped and reset the laptop, and so the worker was setting it up right in front of me, and it clearly was functioning well. They told me I would hear back from them within 2 working days max. After 6 days of absolutely no contact, I receive a call saying that I have to go and pick up the laptop as it "won't turn on". I was shocked by this as I knew for a fact the laptop worked fine. Upon arriving in the shop, I saw within seconds that the laptop had not even been charged! This was strange as I had handed it in fully charged. After leaving the laptop to charge for an hour, they said there was nothing they could do as they have been "trying to switch it on for days but nothing happened". What was particularly ridiculous was that they were in fact able to set up the laptop enough put a brand new password on it... I am greatly convinced that they took my laptop for parts and then claimed it was already broken when I gave it in, a clear lie. I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else as now I can't even try to sell the laptop elsewhere as it is broken. Definitely use a more reliable shop or site!
Cex is a bad company wouldn’t recommend anyone to shop there or even trade stuff in as they rip you off as they’re policy is if you have the game got to return it within two days even if it’s a xmas present which I don’t think is fair as my partner had gotten me a game she didn’t know I had and I didn’t know till xmas day when I went back instead of getting the full refund of £15 she got £8 back and as I picked up a game that was same value and she had to pay £7 towards it I am not going back to them as they are money stealing bastards
i left my phone to be sold. they called me to say they couldnt sell it. when i collected it, it no longer worked. the refused to accept responsibility.
Excellent service received my ps5 😆😆