CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
So how comes you find it necessary to price gouge on the new PS5 ripping people off at over £200 is disgraceful time people woke up to scammers like you a brand new ps5 is worth no more then retail price absolute disgrace trading standards will be informed.

today i received a email from trustpilot stating CEX has reported my review seems they cannot stand negative reviews based on their fraudulent behaviour which they marked up a playstation 5 at over £700 when a playstation 5 is just £450
Bought an Xbox one just before Christmas and less than a month later it stopped working. Spent ages trying to get in touch with someone. When I finally got a response on Twitter they told me I can’t return it until the stores reopen after lockdown.

I find this unbelievable considering they are still accepting goods and doing click and collect. I explained Im paying a subscription for games pass I can’t use. The customer service agent clearly was just copying and pasting replies and didn’t even get the item correct.
I think it’s disgusting. I know there will be parents who’ve got to explain to their kids they have to wait months and months for a new ones. It’s not on. I luckily just bought a new console but I didn’t want to and I should have been able to get a refund!
1 x SteelSeries Arctis Pro High Fidelity Wired
Gaming Headset, B - Web Order: 9411751 received without a power supply or volume mixer so not useable requested some type of remedy or replacement, even a 10-pound credit too allow an exchange for the correct headset on their store due to inventory, customer service unhelpful no product knowledge blame shifted to me despite the product incorrectly listed. super disappointing. - UPDATE for cex staff - there is a difference between a mixer and a dac/amp the product was graded as B ( with all accessories ) you advertised the product incorrectly and it should have been graded as F. still awaiting a fix.
Bought a faulty Xbox from you, have attempted to contact you but still no reply. Disgraceful customer support from a company who clearly don’t care once they have your money. Avoid this company at all costs!
Have previously bought two iPads from the store one worked for about three years, the other is still working so we were very happy with the product. Today I have tried to buy an iPad online for my mothers birthday. We live abroad and the delivery address was to her care-home. We had to go through everything including payment details and were then told the order would not be processed because the delivery address was not the same as the address on the credit card. I have never come across this problem before. I had invested more than an hour jumping through their hoops plus given my bank details. I feel this rule regarding addresses should be upfront and clearer before confidential info. Is given. Also very frustrating that you can't deal with anybody on the phone, if it's not an order enquiry you can't even message them as they require the order number before they allow you to move forward. I will never deal with them again. Their customer service is non- existent.
Due to lockdown I was pleasantly surprised that I was still able to trade in items at CEX Newmarket. I requested online and was told to drop and go at the store. Upon arrival I knocked on the shutter as requested only to hear a voice from behind shouting "is it drop and go?" When I answered, the shutter was raised and a very rude employee called Justin aggressively shouted "whats your order number. I replied and he told me put the three items on the table, no please no thank and no courtesy. When asked how long to check them, he rudely replied, "As long as it takes!" This is the second time during both lockdown I have dealt with him and both times he was rude, unhelpful and irritated that I dared to interrupt his day!
I ordered 2 games from their website using one of their own credit vouchers. A week or so later, the first game arrived in a very thin parcel which definitely only contained 1 game as there would not have been room for any more. I did not think this was unusual, as their own website stated that games may be dispatched separately as they may come from different stores. However, after a few more weeks when the second game did not arrive, I chased it with CEX (something I was only able to do via their website/email as they have no customer service telephone number to speak of). Initially a handler named Doris responded very helpfully that she would chase this up with the store responsible for dispatching the games, however, the subsequent emails quickly turned accusatory with phrases like "As you claim you haven't received one game" and "the store has confirmed that both the items were sent in the same parcel".

The handler seemed fixated on the condition of the original packaging that the first game came in, which i confirmed i had since thrown away as i expected the 2nd game to follow separately but was in perfectly fine condition. The handler was also extremely reluctant to escalate this to a manager, instead attempting to pacify me by stating she would "pass it to the central team to investigate" repeatedly. When I was finally able to deal with a manager (again by email only) an individual named Cheryl repeated the previous statements of Doris affirming that the store said they sent 2 and, if i don't have any pictures of the original packaging, then they can't help me any further. I feel the way I've been treated by this organisation is disgusting and I don't know how they expect me to prove that I didn't receive a game. Surely the onus is on them to prove that they sent the game, however, they have declined to provide any evidence of this or even explain what checks were made.

I have been repeatedly made to feel like a liar who is trying to get a free game and clearly this company are much more inclined to believe their employees over paying customers. This company has made querying this issue, and complaining, as difficult as they possibly can and it has had a serious impact on my mental health. I wouldn't reccommend anyone order anything from this website.
sent a £2 dvd with different title to the £10 one ordered and paid for now got to inconvenience myself to get refund they probably hoped i wouldn't bother AVOID THIS MICKEY MOUSE OUTFIT !!!
PS5 for over £350 the RRP price. Shame.
Dont inflate the PS5 Prices for your customers

--Person from the USA
Disgusting company... Charging hugely inflated prices for the PS5 console. People are struggling to get this console for their kids this Christmas and lot's of people are also in financial difficulty! To take advantage and charge hundreds of pounds over the RRP is absolutely outrageous.

Boycott this company and let them feel the pain of lost revenue!!!
Price Gougers! Playstation 5 consoles being sold at over £350 above the RRP!
cex as a company are scam artist's, they over charge on consoles and don't give hardly anything for trade in. they also have a charge of £1.95 per item that they sell.
the company is also selling the new ps5 for roughly £150 more than its price new elsewhere which is £449.99, I have had horrible experiences with them including trying to trade something I brought from them back in for them to then turn around and say they cant take it.
I went to the Welwyn Garden City store and was appalled with the attitude of the store manager customer service. I was looking at a game in the window however one of the colleges couldn't hear me due to the muffling of my mask so I temporarily just pulled down for a second to explain the one I wanted only to be shouted out by the manager in the distance "you need to wear a mask and you now have contaiminated the window". Really unprofessional rude behaviour altogether with the overly inflated prices charging as new even though secondhand just tells me one thing this place is a joke just like the manager. Good luck in second lockdown with service like that!
They sold a faulty product. Reported issue to them before end of warranty but I couldn't go in-store due to lockdown. They state that they extended it for 2 weeks as 'that was how long lockdown was' and that me not being able to use a different hidden form on their desktop website is why I couldn't find out about it. Their website sucks, even if their stores are okay, the product warranty is a lie. You can tell no UX design was put into the website.
ordered a faulty 980Ti still waiting for refund so I can order another one as they won't send a replacement, taking ages after I sent in via special delivery.
The price they pay Vs the price they charge Vs their no refund rule is pure criminal!
Yesterday we sold numerous items to CeX in Scarborough, including a really good condition iPad Pro. CeX valued these at £569 and were happy to take them. They told us they can only pay via fast bank transfer (which was reluctantly agreed to by us). They assured us this would be completed by today (Wednesday, 5th August 2020), at the very latest. Surprise, surprise, we now have no money and they have our expensive items. They’ve even fully tested these items and acknowledged via email, that they are all great.

So today we try and solve this and get the money owed - well, you can’t contact them via their switchboard phone number conveniently! No direct store phone numbers either. FaceBook messenger - also unanswered! Website contact form - you guessed it, unanswered! My wife had to trail after work to one of their stores, just to try and find out what was going on. It just got quickly fobbed off on their payment processor WorldPay! Heard this excuse a few times before! However, their paperwork actually says “via faster payment” - which is virtually instant through banks these days.

Simply put... they have our items, we have zero money and they don’t seem too fussed at all about helping us now.

We have had zero issues with them in the past, we sell our old unused items and they pay cash. But this new experience has left us extemely sour. Instead of promising the “money will be with us same day, next day at the very latest”, why not just be truthful. Saves this kind of awful scenario for your customers.

I now have zero idea when we are getting the money owed to us, the store is basically saying “wait and see” - this is a disgusting business practice and not acceptable. I would very strongly suggest not selling your own items to CeX, especially if you expect them to honour what they say, or you value honesty, trust and support! There is no reason for them not to have paid by now! Not in the age of fast payments. Once they have your items, you are totally at their mercy. Be warned!
Clean and tidy shop
Staff kind and very helpful
Wide range of games, game consoles, mobile phones, tablets and more electronic gadgets
All items in good working condition and warranted
Good shop location and access
Purchased game console 2 years ago and many games- never let me down.
Definitely recommend
So I’m currently experiencing an extremely frustrating issue with CEX.

I sold them an Xbox one with 12 or so games, reaching a price of almost £200.

I waited nearly 3 weeks for a reply from them, only to be told that they need personal information from me (E.G. my phone password, my PC login info, my network password, etc.)

I sent them a email to ask why they need all of this personal info as I factory reset my xbox, and I’ve heard nothing back since. I know there’s less staff working due to COVID, but this is ridiculous

I needed this money two weeks ago, but thanks for messing me around CEX, I’ll be sure to take my business elsewhere next time. Selling and Buying.
CeX is rated 1.98 based on 465 reviews