CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
sent a £2 dvd with different title to the £10 one ordered and paid for now got to inconvenience myself to get refund they probably hoped i wouldn't bother AVOID THIS MICKEY MOUSE OUTFIT !!!
Bought two high value items for Xmas online. Both were faulty and clearly hadn't been inspected. Don't buy anything of more value than a dvd from them. Cowboys
Specifically brought a ps4 vr boxed as didnt state no camera like some of the others but when recieved it there was no camera , when asked they told me that ps4 vrs never come with cameras even when new so wouldn't second hand . Were quite rude about it . Asked why it wasn't stated on the advert and they didn't reply so had to email again and all I got was if you're not happy refund it you have till tomo or we will buy it back at a reduced rate . Must add though the man in the shop was very polite and helpful .
I came in with a broken xbox pad that is I got from cex, into the Nottingham Branch next to burger king, I was greeted very friendly to a girl behind the counter who listened to my complaint, she got me a working xbox pad, her customer service was amazing! Her personality stood really stood out and I just like to thankyou Leona Derby for making my visit very pleasant :) I don't usually write reviews but this girl is 100% asset to the company!
2 weeks no item, all seven of my other items are with me! Royal mail tracking say it has not been sent to them! Emailed CEX, they say its with royal mail! Wait till 30th! Emailed again asking for me information as they are gifts for xmas, that's way I order on 14th, say the same thing! WILL NEVER US THEM AGAIN!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM!
everything you scum bags
Sold some items at CEX Wood Green drop off. Staff we're friendly enough and all but the final (and major valuable item, a pc) were sorted. This is where it ended in terms of quality customer service and the CEX has some serious structural issues on how they run things. So apparently "the front ports" on the PC didn't work (I assume they mean the USB ports- I could never tell because I never actually spoke to the team in the store) which is unusual because the item I dropped off worked fine and is new this year. Red flag one (have they damaged it?). Red flag two is you cannot contact CEX stores directly, it's pure autism but what it means is I spent TWO WEEKS going back and forth with a middle man, missing calls, etc. This made it very hard for me to help the team in London on what I'm assuming is an easy fix or a mistake (I hope so or they owe me alot of money). The final straw is, despite their policy online, they point blank refuse to return this item via post (there is no way given the circumstances I'm able to get back into a tier 4 London even if I pay for it) So essentially I have zero way of verifying these claims and zero way of getting my £500+ item back any time soon. Let's suppose this minor issue WAS true ; they refuse to take the parts that DO work.. essentially what I would do is go in store, take it apart in front of them and sell the parts, which are all functional and essentially brand new. Or just take it to another CEX store. Please note I'm not a layman or.l someone who can be taken for a ride; I build PCs for a living and it's incredibly frustrating that they are doing this pathetic "computer says no" moment which is probably no fault of their own, but another "policy". Now assuming this isn't the fault of the team in wood green (still a little suspicious) then the only issues lie with how CEX is run. The senior management needs to look into this and how communication between the customer and the teams are made and how products are handled and returned because this once great company is going to go down the pan if their not careful, the high street is dying and you cannot afford to have sh**t systems in 2020.. The worst case scenario here is they have 1) damaged an expensive item of mine 2) refuse to communicate directly with me 3) refuse to post it to me 4) I can't get into London any time soon, maybe months, 5) if I do I risk my health 6) also refuse to simply take it apart and sell it assuming it was true (a 5 min job) Given this experience I would say avoid CEX and just go to local computer store.
Staff are very friendly and polite we would recommend to others
I've been using Cex since the first store opened in Birmingham in the nineties. They used to give a fair price for trade-ins. Now they just want to help the scalpers by charging £815 for a Ps5 and give you a terrible price for a week old game. Shame I'll be stopping using them after twenty five years. Also the staff are very unprofessional now in most stores. They hate if you have more than one item to trade in as it involves doing some work. Terrible all around.
I think they just wanted customers out of the shop to be honest. Wanted to sell my phone and they were not helpful or bothered to offer a decent price. Thanks for the help... Not!!
I purchased a cd game for my son. On Inspecting the disc I enquired about the marks on the cd whilst the sales assistant was there. I then requested for the disc to be cleaned as in the past I have had a bad experience with products I had purchased from CEX and wanted to make sure that all is as best as it can be especially with Xmas next week. The manager was Incredibly rude in his response by refusing to clean the disc to put my mind at ease, refused to engaged in dialogue even though myself or my brother had not on any occasion raised our voice or altered our tone. Then continued to belittle me infront of other customers and walked away saying he does not have to help, or talk to us as he is now on his lunch. I said that I would wait and he said go on then, you'll be waiting for a full hour. Infact, he was not on his lunch, he went to do something else behind the service counter. This level of unprovoked disrespect was unacceptable. When i mentioned that I would be formalising a complaint against him he showed little to no care so clearly who ever the area manager is has no authority here or the company supports disrespecting customers. We left frustrated and furious and As sivalised people, we weren't able to express our anger. This company has no clear formal complaints channels regarding this king of abuse so I had to go through resolver. I will be taking this as far as I can including negative google reviews and contacting the local press as I have witnesses.
Price is ok. Condition of goods vary. Staff are most particular when trading in, however condition of goods are usually poor. Unsure why. For example:- £40 paid for The SkyWalker Saga, and the majority of discs are badly scratched. You pay less than 30% for good traded in which is a joke anyhow. Boscombe branch in Dorset is one to avoid. The staff are incredibly rude.
PS5 for over £350 the RRP price. Shame.
I did their “drop” and sell on line. Worked perfectly. They confirmed price by email within an hour of dropping and money was in my bank account the next working day. On top of all this, they paid my a lot more than the other online companies who buy iPhones. So would definitely recommend CeX.
Uninformed and badly trained staff tried to drop price after stating it. Very unprofessional
AN ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGES POLICY. IF YOU WANT A REFUND ON A FAULTY ITEM. "WE HAVE TO TAKE YOUR DETAILS TO REFUND" THEN WON'T DELETE THE DATA. ""SORRY, WE CANT DO THAT!"" I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO STORE MY DATA! I WILL BE CONTACTING MY LAWYER!
Dont sell your items here. They will rip you off. They wanted to buy my almost like new PS4 Pro 1TB for £90. I managed to sell it on Facebook marketplace for £250. If I had sold it to CEX, they would have sold it for £250+ and flipped a profit. Poor customer service and a complete scam. I hope they go out of business sooner than later. Also what a trashy name... fitting for the company directors who scalp the their customers. - My experience was instore.
CEX joining the low life scalpers on Ebay and ruining a lot of kids Xmas this year. I normally take my kid once a month a spend hundreds on games, they have lost me as a customer after this PS5 extortion.
Don't buy anything from cex online it's a terrible service no customer care I tried to purchase a ps4 Pro from my local store so they decided to sent me one from the other side of the country I still haven't received it a week later and its saying it could take up to 16 day I just hope it gets here in one peace
CeX is rated 1.93 based on 505 reviews