CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
Purchased an Xbox One X console from CEX, however upon delivery the disc drive would not play standard DVDs. I returned this via their online returns address as advised to by Ramson however upon inspection they have chosen to completely ignore the fault and send me the console back saying they "Could not verify the fault". If they had put any DVD in the disc drive, the fault would have been incredibly apparent so it is clear this was not done. They are in breech of consumer rights when returning electronic goods and in breech of their own return policy.
Profiteering from a 13-year old whose XBox developed a fault whilst under warranty is the most disgusting behaviour a company could show. They should feel absolutely ashamed of their immoral activities. One day karma will serve justice on CeX and their deceitful policies.
My partner got an Xbox one off them and the disk tray didn’t work, sold a fake Xbox controller, tried taking it back and they called him a lier and wouldn’t admit that they sold it like that, complete con artists
you better buy from any random nigerian guy from ebay
DON'T USE THEIR TRADE IN SERVICE!! Even if your item is pretty much new and untouched they will give you a B-Grade. I think this approach is very dishonest. After using this service i no longer want to do business with CEX!
I went to the Welwyn Garden City store and was appalled with the attitude of the store manager customer service. I was looking at a game in the window however one of the colleges couldn't hear me due to the muffling of my mask so I temporarily just pulled down for a second to explain the one I wanted only to be shouted out by the manager in the distance "you need to wear a mask and you now have contaiminated the window". Really unprofessional rude behaviour altogether with the overly inflated prices charging as new even though secondhand just tells me one thing this place is a joke just like the manager. Good luck in second lockdown with service like that!
Sellers are young people who do not know anything about the product that is in the store and cannot explain or advise anything if you have a question about the product. If you want to buy a game console, controller, or other expensive electronic device, then when you buy you are not shown anything and sold without any checks. Before the sale, they say that everything can be solved under the store's guarantee, but a return can be made only within 2 days, which violates the law, it seems to me. When returning any goods, except for video or game discs, they take time to check in all ways they try to refuse a replacement or refund for a low-quality product. If you sell your things to this store, then they are priced at the lowest rate. The amount that is offered to you in the store is below the lowest rate on their website. They are just scammers and crooks.
Daughter bought a Grade A phone off these for £680 stoppd working after 3 weeks as it had been a stolen phone they sold her took it back and ended up having to pay another 100 for another phone no offer of compensation or anything customer services waste of time i got some idiot called Nikhil who doesnt even read the emails properly before replying say sorry cant do anything KEEP CLEAR
I went to Cex to get my Xbox One repaired, they sent off the unit, advised it was working, I collected it and it wasn't working (£55 paid). I returned it to the store who confirmed it wasn't working and they sent it to the repair team again, it was 'repaired' and returned. I got the store to test this before I left and it wasn't working. This is now in the complaints process, however the incompetence level is staggering, it is made worse by the fact I asked Customer services to 'double' check the repair (second time) before returning it. Which they assured me they had done. (Clearly not). The customer service team are adamant the unit is working and the store (same company by the way) have checked to evidence it is not working. I asked the matter to be referred as a customer complaint (but this was not done), I have re-initiated this as a complaint and the store and the repair centre are trying to work out if the unit is broken or not. (As a non-engineer) I have plugged it in and there is no on light to show it is on (my money is on it being broken). Cex responded to this saying it was being sorted (it wasn't) and I have had to liase between the shop and the repair team. An update Cex fans, the repair team claim it is fixed and returned it for the third time...you guessed it. Not working, shambles. I should point out that the third party repair company is Remedy Tech Centre Ltd. Final update, I purchased a new power lead at the Xbox worked. The Tech team returned it not work for a third time advising no repair possible. I have complained and now they have listed some (repairs) they claim so to justify taking my money. My compliant has been rejected. I only hope the Managing Director of CEX recognises the Customer service failings. This company are truly appalling. I think I will start to copy and paste this review to a new place every day. In simple terms, taken in three times returned three times broken and charged for the privilege.
VISITED OUR LOCAL CEX, BRIDLINGTON STORE, TODAY, AND SERVED BY CHERI-JO, POLITE, AND FRIENDLY, AS PURCHASED, PS4 GAME FIFA 21, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND NO QUIBBLES DELIVERY RETURNS, AND REFUNDS, OVERALL GAME PLAY, FOR FIFA 21, AMAZING GRAPHICS, COMPARED TO FIFA 20.
Brought 600 computer part.. promised I had warranty.. faulty returned it with receipt. Refused to exchange, repair or refund !! Shop packed during pandemic against government rules.. staff no wearing masks.. still not resolved loss of 600 pound and broken p.c ! A disgrace!,
Recently bought a wii from cex including the control hand pets and a balance board , we never used it right away and after two weeks decided to set it up , one of the control modules would not Work ' wjdm we took it back to the shop they plated it was damage caused by leaking batteries and would not replace it , I stated that today was tho first time we had tried to use it and it had not had batteries in it since we bought at the shop ' they refused to listen to that and said contact head office , This we did with photo evidence of the leakage and their reply was our shop would not sell it in this condition , they did ! I will now not buy from this company again or recommendations recommend them to any one I know . Appalling service .
If I could give zero I would... I sold my sons iPhone 6s on the basis of it working, but had scratches... was offered a decent amount of money. However when the phone was dropped off at the store they changed this classification and deemed that the camera had a scratch, and was therefore not working. They left a voicemail offering £20 for an iPhone 6s.... upon speaking to their customer service team they have revised this offer to £15 as they made an error on the memory size of the phone. Absolute cowboys... really sharp dishonest practice
I bought a Samsung mobile device from the Tonbridge branch and had problems with it after a few days. I took it back and - although they couldn't replicate the issue after testing - they exchanged it for a replacement there an then under the 2 year warranty. Very good service from friendly and helpful staff.
They look for any excuse not to take in equipment. Some really pathetic reasons for equipment not being up to their standard for purchase.
Bought call of duty black ops for the ps3 online and the game broken the game freezes up before the first mission the the campaign even starts loading into multiplayer or zombies also sometimes freezes the game also a bunch of missing textures safe to say never order a game from them online.
I bought a galaxy s7 edge & had only had it a month the first day i had it the phone went dead...i thought i had just touched the side button..but soon discovered that it was the phone .i worked nights & the phone kept turning off..as i work nights i dropped the phone & cracked the back which i was soon to discover was fake..i went into cex & explained what was happening & i had only had the phone a month...they then told me that there was nothing that they could do ,so i took my phone elsewhere only to be told that it was the battery & it had swelled, so i booked it in to be fixed..what a surprise we had ..it was a fake battery ..also a fake back & that the back had been stuck down with glue..the phone was an absolute joke ....just like' CEX' they are the scum of all scum so if you have any sense at all STAY CLEAR.. ..
CeX trying to lowball offer after 'assessing' console Checked what was needed to get a 'boxed' condition to trade in my PS3, now CeX are claiming that I do not meet criteria, and can only give me £26 instead of the £126 it was supposed to get traded in for in credit. They are now making up all sorts of things that they have not told me when they directed me to customer services, as reasons why the console is not in 'boxed' condition - even when googling each new thing I've found out from the grapevine were present on new consoles (my console is a day1 console)
Cex staff are extremely rude and need to go on courses for customer service , oh and the staff need to get some deodorant ,shop always stinks of body odour.
CeX is rated 1.98 based on 473 reviews