CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
CeX 5 star review on 20th July 2020
CALLUM
CeX 1 star review on 18th November 2019
CALLUM
More Photos & Videos
I ordered an Apple accessory which was supposed to be delivered on 22 Jan. On 22 Jan courier left a calling card after a failed attempted to deliver per tracking. However per the same tracking, in 3 minutes time, the item had been marked delivered. Seeing this, I went home later and saw that a calling card had been left, but no sign of the package. Tracking chat on the courier website said that it would have been scanned wrongly. Next evening, I went to the courier depot only to be told that the package hadn't been returned to them and that they'd pass it on to senior management for investigation. Assuming that it might have been mistakenly not returned to the depot, and naively believing the chat, booked for a redelivery for the following Saturday through the courier website. Next day however, got a call from courier saying they still couldn't trace it.

Seller sent me a review request on trust pilot. In this, the missing package issue was noted and a customer support executive emailed me. They wanted the copy of the reverse of the calling card which was sent to them on 29 January. Then I was sent this email on 30 Jan. The customer support executive eventually, after a few back and forth emails, wrote back saying "...Based on the conclusion, they have stated that the package has been handed over to you by the courier team."

I am completely flummoxed by this reply from the seller and unsure what to do next. It appears that only sender can claim for insurance in the case of the type of delivery booked.

I had asked for further information on means to recourse but customer support wrote back repeating their last email saying it was delivered without providing clear information on how to escalate the issue.

So having paid nearly £50, I am now left without the item, and a seller who won't acknowledge this, leaving me without any recourse to a refund/reclaim. Lesson learnt: Should have gone to apple store and bought it full price :(
I sent them a question by email in November about a particular item of mine. They confirmed that they received my email.

Despite several reminders, they still haven't bothered to reply.

Useless company
Cex it's a great company which offers a wide range of products, I have been using their services overall 5 years or so, buying and selling used hand electronics, you have to understand that you are buying or selling most likely used items, what a positive thing about, the 2-year warranty, the staff in most of the shops are great people and doing their best for their customers.
Very happy with the guys and gals who work at merry hill, brierley hill shop. never had any problems with staff or goods,
Utterly useless. Appalling service. Don't bother sell it on Ebay.
Customer service Ridiculously slow it took an hour to scan dvds
On top of that they couldn’t even give me the correct amount cause of no cash
Then before even asking if I was happy with the sale they processed it .when I said I was not they said they would have to cancel and rescan everything ...so basically wait another 40 mins to get two dvd back ..,, worst Cex I have ever been to
They are fraudulent tricksters. I just pressed the button for their site and trying to obtain money from my account and dint know what for
Scam of a company tried ripping me and my wife off took a brand new graphics card gtx 2080ti they offered me 600 pound when they are worth loads more than that also they tested it and said it didn't work I flipped my lid and went off on one when they did because they handed me it back and the pins were snapped and there was a crack in the motherboard of the card as well safe to say I got in touch with there head office and all they offerd me was a 50pound good will offer safe to say I never took it they are crooks now I got a busted graphics card which cost me well over 1359.99 and its basically useless avoid them at all costs.
Awful Customer Service
I purchased a case for my new I-pad, this was delivered efficiently, so far so good. I tried my new I-pad in the case and found the plastic was slightly warped so didn't hold the I-pad securely ( held only 3 corners of the I-pad ) I could live with this, but when I tried to extend the back rest I noticed a large crack running the whole width of the case. I decided that I needed to return the as it was clearly faulty...... this is where it became frustrating, when I asked for a refund ( for which I was entitled ) I was told that this couldn't be processed as the fault may have been caused through the delivery company. I showed the supervisor the packaging ( which was not damaged at all ) to which he replied that this couldn't be ruled out still? Slightly baffled by his response I then showed him where the crack was ( it was clearly like it when it was posted out by the shop who had sent it ) as it is where it had been forced by incorrectly extending the rest. I was told that I now needed to contact customer services who would investigate? What would they do? Ask the shop who sent the goods if it was damaged in the first place? I have given up trying to get my money back and shall recommend that no-one I know uses this company again! I am an Manager and would give the customer the benefit of the doubt if was wasn't clear how the problem had occurred. This helps build a relationship with your brand, unfortunately on this occasion his actions now mean that I will no longer use this company.
Good company, have been using their services for a very long time and so far I am happy
Talk about profit absolute scum of the highest quality service is terrible stuff is mostly poor and prices are new for used items as I said SCUM
Bunch of con artists - try to down grade items for anything!
Stay away in my opinion
My partner purchased a phone for me on 23rd of December, paid £650. Took it back today as it’s the wrong network and not open. Unable to exchange the phone for the same model or anything close to the same value. Was offered £420 trade price for it on a gift card for this store. Ridiculous company policy in place. We had the receipts and guarantee. Only reason we waited was as it has been over Christmas and new year. After explaining the situation they said it was nothing they could do. So In the matter of barely a week we lost over £200. I would never use this company again, would also advise everyone to stay clear. They’re policy is a disgrace.
Need to get website sorted out as it says stuff in stock at stores but when u travel to them it’s not there, was explained to me by member of staff in 3rd shop I had been to that if it don’t say buy now then it’s not available so why show stock in store if you can’t get it????
Wasted Journey

I saw an item that indicated it was not available on CEX online but stated that the item was available at the Ellesmere Port store (x2). I checked online prior to travelling to the Ellesmere Port store to be informed that this item had already been sold online! This therefore resulted in a wasted journey and a cost to myself! The online website should be updated more regular to reflect what is available online and in CEX stores.
Swansea’s CEX is amazing! I’ve used them for 5 years great service great devises never any problems but know that easily solved if occurred I highly recommend and wouldn’t go anywhere else😊😊😊
How can they really justify doubling up on their prices I just looked at what I could sell my note 10 plus 5g for and even if I went for in store credit I still couldnt afford to buy the basic iphone 11 when clearly the note 10 plus 5g is a much better phone so I wouldnt want to swap for 1 of those anyway but how could you not even be able to do that if you did want to their buying prices are shocking and so are their selling prices tbf
Out of 6 orders for laptop memory wrong item sent 5 times , 3 times desktop memory sent, twice low voltage sent, I've given up now last order just sent back. Harry Blackpool
I shop at the stores in Wolverhampton, Terri from the store in the Mander centre is very helpful, nothing is too much trouble for her. I enjoy the great customer service she offers and friendly chat. Highly recommended. 10/10
Useless - avoid