CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
me and my dad a couple years back thought of selling stuff that we didn't use to cex as cashies closed down and so we sold a couple games that lasted a year or so like rocket league, lego worlds and some others along with a camera a scratched iphone 5 and a cooler master keys lite l keyboard without the mouse and for all of that... 45 GODDAMN QUID and they asked about the camera password and we told em to f**k off and thinking back about it, we did the right decision as I couldn't even get the same keyboard with the money and that's why its 2 stars and i feel no ounce of regret from saying this
I lost my money through three hyper yielding investment platforms whose companies were registered in London, UK. They claimed to have registered their companies in the US as well. The three companies are Moni-Finex (Moni-Finex Global), HybridReserve and InclusiveFx (Inclusive Services). Moni Finex’s webpages have been inactive since the beginning of August and I have been unable to withdraw since July 12 2019 The MF migrated July 25 2019 to MoniFinex Mining, again unable to withdraw. The sites posted they were performing an internal audit during the month of August 2019; subsequently, it announced the systems were being upgraded since early August. All official Chat-rooms at Telegram, WhatsApp and Facebook are now disabled and some vanished altogether. I Contacted the CEO via WhatsApp, he did not read my notes or respond. HybridReserve would keep promising mouth watering ROI to lure you in showing you simulated trades and it is almost impossible for you to make a withdrawal. One excuse after the other. That’s when it became crystal clear that I have been scammed of my hard earned money. My total lost with these three companies was USD532,876.21 as of August 1, 2019. I needed a major portion of this balance to pay off the down-liners who were threatening to file charges for misleading as well as fraud. Their combined balance is approximately USD600,000. A top wealth recovery company in the US brilliantly helped recoup 92% of my lost capital to these fraud companies all within a 2 week period. I can’t thank you guys at RECOVERYWEALTHNOW360 at g mail d o t c o m enough . I am typing this with tears rolling down my cheeks! Please stay away from HYPER YIELDING INVESTMENT PLATFORMS to avoid the agony and pain I went through!
As bad as their name suggests. CEX are not to be trusted and have A terrible and rude customer service. I bought a phone from them that had a spent battery. Tried to return the faulty item, only to get difficulty from the store staff and cex’s Complaints dept. On replacing the battery independently it transpired the phone also was sold with internal water damage. Bad company
I purchase Samsung Note9 from Pheonix Market City Store. The display was not working fine and gave it to the store for repairing. Now i am waiting since almost a month and yet there is no reply from the store / service centre. They are saying that they dont have the part and hence it is taking longer. Why should a customer suffer for their incapability to source the part. Since last few days, they have stopped picking my calls, not answering my msg over whats app / email. Very poor after sales support. I am very dissatisfied with the approach and behavior of the staff at the store. I hope i get my phone soon. These ppl dont even care. I would never ever shop from CeX again in my lifetime. Worst ever experience for me.
Big thanks to Israel from East ham branch for such an excellent service.
Wanted to say thanks to Israel from East ham branch for such an excellent service.
Terrible. Item was sold as A grade. Perfect for gift. It arrived. I got it out of the box and one if the buttons fell off straight away. Cex reaction has been poor. I asked to return. They said they need to investigate with store before I can return. After raising PayPal dispute I had a reply asking me to send the item back. As 8ts over £100 value cex want me to pay for return insured postage. Then claim the postage back by cheque. I'm not convinced with their customer service and so don't trust them to send timely cheque. Plus, who uses cheques now?! I'd have to drive into town, park, get mask on, visit bank to pay it in. Ridiculous. I wouldn't buy anything from them again. Order 8511112
I bought a phone online which was faulty when I received it, but when I took it into my local store they immediately replaced it without quibbling with a working one and refunded what I'd paid in carriage. I was served by a friendly, helpful assistant named Will. I'd certainly deal with CeX again.
I bought a phone online from CeX which was faulty when I received it. But on taking it intoto local store, they replaced it with no argument and apologised for myour inconvenience. Excellent service
its would be easier to say what isnt wrong
Sold a faulty product and blamed for the damage. On September 1st I purchased a huawei p20 from the Norwich store. It hadn't been set up for long before I noticed battery issues, sound issues, and soon after that I was in a phone call (struggling to hear so I looked at the bottom of the phone) and noticed a red water indicator meaning the phone was sold with water damage. The phone had been in my pocket since getting this. I was planning on 48hr returning this for a better phone anyway as this store had a poor selection and my local store had agreed to allow me to order a different phone online before refunding the huawei so I wouldn't be without a phone. Now I've worked for this company for 5 years total and I have experienced firsthand 1) staff making honest mistakes, which does happen. 2) staff ticking boxes on receipts they couldn't fully test (not enough signal to make a call, water indicator not visible, etc) 3) staff members blaming customers for damaging their phones knowing full well these mistakes did sometimes occur Yet CeX are denying the possibility that a staff member made a mistake in this instance and essentially, I am being blamed. Funnily enough the pocket on my trackies is dry. I have seen a shocking amount of first hand accounts of others being sold faulty products and being blamed for it, as cex have a little tick box saying a product was tested completely and customers have no protection as they do not have evidence. Thanks to cex I am now stuck with a broken phone and I have to return the phone ordered from cex online even though its over double the value of this one and also the one I've wanted for a really long time. I now cannot afford it again and after spending thousands over the years here I have now lost every bit of trust I had in this company. They reel you in with 2 years warranty but play customers like this. Will not ever be shopping here again, I have more trust in Facebook marketplace sellers.
I sent some items to CeX to sell and received a credit for them. I decided to use the credit for three items. Immediately after dispatch I received a notification that one item was not available and received a refund. I received an empty envelope from CeX. No items or even and delivery note for the items. I contacted the customer support sending photos of what was received and received a reply that they were investigating. After three weeks I had got no further so posted a review on another review website. After posting this review the issue was immediately resolved. They claim the store fulfilling the order sent the items and as I received a sealed envelope I was not eligible for a refund. So I loose the £45 from the order and have another £45 in a company I no longer trust to fulfil my order.
If you’re ever thinking about repairing an item don’t go to cex. You’ll end up waiting weeks for your item to be sent back unrepaired. Scums
I took a phone to cash in which was near perfect. They would not take it because it rocked was the exact words also the price they offered was £43 even the c grade on their website price is £44 cash. This item was at least b grade £49. So there is a major discrepancy between what is offered when you go into store and website which needs to be fixed. I then took it to game who have me more and said it was in really good condition. Unfortunately it seems cex don't want items of will low ball offer you.
They sold a faulty product. Reported issue to them before end of warranty but I couldn't go in-store due to lockdown. They state that they extended it for 2 weeks as 'that was how long lockdown was' and that me not being able to use a different hidden form on their desktop website is why I couldn't find out about it. Their website sucks, even if their stores are okay, the product warranty is a lie. You can tell no UX design was put into the website.
I had decided to upgrade my cell phone and looked at the CEX reviews and decided to visit the Solihull branch. On the web site they advertise iphone 6s trade in for one of their phones around the £110 mark. I had just had a brand new screen fitted to my iphone 6s unlocked the day before. In the branch I was offered £15 for my phone against one of their phones. The whole advertisement and trade in seems like one big long con job. I would have expected a realistic trade in offer not something which would have covered my petrol to the branch and back Regards Dave
ordered a faulty 980Ti still waiting for refund so I can order another one as they won't send a replacement, taking ages after I sent in via special delivery.
The price they pay Vs the price they charge Vs their no refund rule is pure criminal!
I never shop at CeX due to how overpriced everything is, but the Clinic for console repairs seemed like it could be a great service, until I actually used it of course After finding them through their website, and everything looking like what I needed, I went in store where I was told they weren't actually running the Clinic service whatsoever, even after emailing them before going! I had to email them to get them to put up a banner on their website to actually tell people they aren't operating, and so I would know when they were open again When they finally opened, weeks later, I took my device in. I explained exactly what the problem was and the repair I needed doing, filled out their forms and gave them my console They started working on my device days later than claimed due to nobody at the store sending it for a while if the tracking information is to be believed. A few hours later, they messaged to say they couldn't repair it and they're sending it back to the store. Which was infuriating. I had told them exactly what the issue is and yet only later they decided to say "we don't fix that issue", something they could have even told me weeks before and not wasted my time, but, it gets even worse... It turns out they opened the device, breaking the manufacturers seal and replaced a completely irrelevant part that was working, which, due to the nature of it, now cannot be tested because my device is still broken. Them doing this needlessly has limited my warranty for a repair with other companies due to general policy, but, it gets even worse... After receiving a message that my console was in store, I went in to collect it. Not sure why I expected more from them, but their incompetence shone through and they couldn't find my console. It wasn't there. So, after contacting support again they located the console and only due to me asking, agreed to courier it back to me instead of requiring a fourth trip to their store, 25 minutes away from me. I would assume this free courier back was an attempt to take some responsibility for their incompetence I cannot recommend them for their store prices, and unfortunately can only recommend staying away from their Clinic repair service due to the risk of wasting your time and energy trying to deal with them. Just awful
Melissa from Harrow branch of CeX was exceptionally polite and patient. She smiled and was very friendly all through. She made customer service a great experience and made us fall in love with CeX. We will definitely visit Cex again and again for purchases and other transactions because of Melissa's excellent customer service. Thumbs up to Melissa at the Harrow branch of CeX. Hon. A
CeX is rated 1.98 based on 473 reviews