CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
CeX 1 star review on 9th September 2020
CeX 1 star review on 15th May 2020
CeX 1 star review on 9th December 2019
mark j e
Item bought: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus 128GB Lilac Purple, EE B

Returned and replaced due to severe screen burn in

Unfortunately I had to return due to severe screen burn in. Half of the screen was permanently shaded purple and included features of a WhatsApp messenger screen at the top and bottom. I returned it and was fully refunded for the item and my postage cost. I used Royal Mail Special Delivery as the value was over £100 and was later refunded by cheque.
I then ordered another similar item of the same Grade B category and am happy with the condition and quality.
It was a lot of hassle but I'm satisfied to have been refunded. I suggest checking the quality of the screen thoroughly when you receive an order.
Tried to sell two iphone 4s to cex. One was accepted one was too damaged. That was fine. It was the length of time they had the phones which was the problem. I had sold or recycled other phones to other companies whose turn around was quick. Cex took weeks!
Hassle hence 3 stars. To sell my PS4 and change for Xbox One was a bit of hassle. 0- register yourself with Cex 1st you go to Cex leave your console for test 2- you come back to get voucher 3- go home and order Xbox (if they dont have it in shop) 4- receive item not as ordered (Xbox one boxed ordered and Xbox one Got my XBOX one discounted received) 5- complain over phone 6- go back shop return item 7- go back home order again 8- receive correct item .... if i charge for a time i spend on all these activities i would get myself brand new console for that. So it depends how much you value your time.
They’re alright depending on what staff and store you get I go to the one in East Ham and trust a young lad to always serve me has helped me sort out issues other staff cannot a really good worker
Sold them a faulty Iphone as working. They fell for it - suckers
In my Tooting branch, service is usually quite slow but the staff are friendly and helpful if you have any questions. The range of items they sell are good and in my experience returns are OK.
They didn't make me happy
Good prices.
They fixed a faulty game for me for me.
The store was big and items were easy to find; however the staff seemed bored, unenthusiastic and quiet which made going to the till a bit awkward
Fairly cheap prices could be better prices from themselves when they buy off you
CeX is rated 2.08 based on 376 reviews