SGS Engineering Reviews

40% of reviewers recommend SGS Engineering

How would you rate SGS Engineering ?

(optional)

Matthew Bracegirldle
Unverified Reviewer
"ordered from here a few times now and always found them to be okay. thumbs up from me!"
Stephen Taylor
"SGS have now supplied me with a number of compressed air line fittings. Each time I have had excellent service and a sound product."
Mario Zazzarino
Verified Reviewer
"This company has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. My experience of returning a faulty item has taken nearly 4 months. I purchased a £360 compressor to do work on my suspension and steering and spent the extra as on paper this compressor should have done the work. Upon receiving the item the travel bung was pierced and the compressor was covered in oil. After cleaning the compressor I tried to undo my wheel bolts on my car which are tightened to 120nm. The impact wrench should be rated in excess of 300nm but was unable to undo these bolts. I tried everything from maximising the air flow on the air flow control dial to ensuring I was on maximum torque on the impact wrench. After concluding this item did not work this is when my troubles began. Their website states a 60 money back guarantee as well as being protected by PayPal I thought returning the item would be straight forward. Far from it. No responses were received from my emails in the first 2 weeks and after several phone calls to various staff I raised a case with PayPal. After returning the item at my expense the company still tried to appeal and not refund me the money for a faulty product even thought it was returned. I am now waiting for a PayPal appeal after 4 months this saga has gone on I would say to anyone stay away from this company. When things go wrong they won't want to know and it will cost you dearly."
"Forget advertised & promised delivery schedules I cannot comment on the product ordered as it has never arrived. My review is to highlight the total lack of customer service received. Yes they have a department of that name but assurances from it are worthless. This is without doubt a SALES company, after sales is not a concern it appears. So beware, as with other reviews, approach an order placement with extreme caution. Next Day delivery is advertised across the website and is part of the telephone hold music (with which I became over familiar) yet when you place an order that feature appears to be forgotten. and the day after that and the day after that and..................."
"Absolutely appalled at the level of customer service provided buy this company. Ordered some items on the 29 March 2016, some of which have failed after very little use and are not of merchantable quality. After some considerable time I was provided with a replacement which again failed shortly after. Having lost faith in the product and any replacements I was fobbed off with promises of another brand made item that would be available shortly. Some considerable time passed and despite chasing them up about it I have received nothing. I eventually requested a refund given the ridiculous amount of time I have waited for this to be resolved but have now been blanked. Have sent numerous emails and made numerous phone calls and getting absolutely nowhere. What a complete waste of my time and money!! It's extremely disappointing that some company's believe they can treat custom in this manner. I will certainly not be recommending SGS to my colleagues in the various branches we have around the UK and I would strongly suggest anyone think twice before ordering from this company."
SGS Engineering is rated 2.60 based on 5 reviews