The Baby Room Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend The Baby Room

Tell us how The Baby Room made you happy

"Ripped off - 3 weeks and still waiting for a refund! We ordered a number of items from 'The Baby Room' at a cost of approx £1,100. We were tempted by the offer of a free Cybex car seat with the Uppa Baby Vista. We were told that some of the items we had ordered were not in stock so we decided to take the Uppa Baby and 2 more items and cancel the items they did not have. They took all the money from our bank account including payment for the car seat that should have been free as part of the offer. We have received the items we ordered but after 3 weeks of emailing we still haven't received a refund for the overcharge and the items they did not have in stock. We have received the same standard email a number of times telling as that they are having problems with their 'payment gateway'. If their 'payment gateway' allows them to take peoples money, why can't they refund it??!! We have been promised a refund next week but we're not holding our breath. We have contacted BBC Watchdog and Trading Standards and will be beginning EU Online Dispute Resolution next week. If that fails we will begin legal proceedings. This is totally unacceptable!! Customer service is a joke and there is no phone number to contact them. We purchased items from The Baby Room in good faith and now we're out of pocket at what is a very expensive time with a new baby on the way. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE BABY ROOM ... go to Cuckooland instead - excellent customer service!"
Are you The Baby Room? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"No customer service and still hasn't arrived"
"We ordered a travel cot for our holiday (30 days before we needed it) to the USA and emailed the baby room asking when the item was due to be despatched to ensure we would get it for our holiday. We received an email from Shannon at the Baby room confirming that they would ensure that we had the travel cot by 5th August in time for our holiday. We replied asking them to confirm when it was going to be despatched and if they could let us know if there was any problems which meant we wouldn't get it for the 5th, so we could look elsewhere should we need to. The 5th August came and went with no email. Only when my husband emailed chasing the order did the baby room reply to say the item would be despatched week beginning the 5th August. My husband emailed again, and the baby room only replied to say there was none in stock and would not be here in time for our holiday. We were annoyed to say the least as we were promised it would be here in time and now we had to cancel and desperately look elsewhere for one in stock that could deliver at short notice. We didn't even get an apology from the company. We are disgusted with the lack of customer service and the fact they took our money 30 days before it should have been despatched and yet they still couldn't fulfil there promise. Their lack of communication is beyond poor. We have still not had any kind of apology and would not recommend this company to any of our friends and family who have children."
"Really bad company. Customer service never reply to emails, chat is never available and I've been waiting for a response find for 8 weeks because they didn't have the pushchair I wanted in stock even though they took my money and told me the delivery was delayed for weeks before advising the pushchair wasn't available."
"Hopeless , do not even bother . They are terrible with the delivery."
"This company has not delivered my order so I cancelled my order and now they are not giving me my money back! If you're having the same problem please report this company to BBC Watchdog."
"Ordered and paid for a cybex pushchair on the 23rd June. Delivery meant to be 5th July. Emailed after this date and was advised it was expected at the end of that week and would be despatched. Did not happen. Emailed again and was told the same thing again it would be end of another week. Still no pushchair. Final email I was told manufacturing problem and offered me a denim one. Emailed back and asked for money back. Thats the only thing that happened immediately. Went onto Babybaby online on 23rd July at 12.25 and at 12.41 it was marked as despatched and it arrived today the 24th July. Great services from baby baby but terrible from the baby room. Had I not emailed I do have to wonder when they would have contacted me. Won't use the baby room again but definitely will use babybaby online was fantastic service"
"Avoid this company at all costs. They dont answer emails claim they dont have a contact number even though they obviously have the internet! Placed an order on 7/10 days delivery and still waiting 7 weeks later!"
"We spent over £500 on a double pram that had nothing but issues with the wheels and inner tubes. Local bike shop confirmed tubes were faulty. The Baby Room only forwarded us emails from suppliers. No help or solution offered but to buy more products from them. Avoid them"
"Ordered an egg travel system and accessories 26th May to the value of £1386 with delivery to be made by the 7th June. Did not get delivery and was emailed twice pushing back the delivery to 1st July. I received the order on Tuesday with number ours items missing. After emailing them they have now come back to me and said the goods were advertised in the package in error and would refund me 5% of my order. Missing items with individual values totals to £249! They are not only false advertising but they still Have the same package on the website with the same contents I was supposed to have received. They are now ignoring my emails so I will be taking this matter further with trading standands, POS, business ombudsman and my credit card company. 2 of the items that are missing are sold separately on their site also and show as in stock yet again they have emailed and said they don’t have stock and it is an error on their website. No phone number as they are apparantly moving office, no live chat and now no response to emails. With a baby due very soon this is very stressful and the baby room Should be ashamed of themselves!"
"Ordered my son a cot bed estimated delivery for the following Tuesday 2 weeks later the cot bed comes with no mattress when I emailed they said they would send me the mattress and it would get to me for Tuesday and still hasn’t come absolutely shocking customer service and really bad how they have no contact number sick of waiting so angry and annoyed AVOID AVOID full of lies and broken promises never ordering from there EVER AGAIN"
"Do not buy anything from this website as I have been waiting for my parcel from early June and still did not receive it. Moreover, the service is as poor as there is nobody trustworthy and honest to tell you what is the progress of your shipment if so. This is a Tragedy!!! Strongly advise against the services of this company!"
"I have been chasing for a furniture delivery placed in early April that claimed to be in stock at the time, I was then contacted to say it wouldn’t be in until early June - I decided to hang on and wait and thought at least they were being upfront. However we’re now at the end of June and I am emailing regularly for an update but getting no honesty at all and no one will call me (beware the company with no customer service number and very limited social media for comments to be left) - I just want to know if I should be cancelling my order and try elsewhere - which it will now be too late to do before the baby arrives in any event. It is also too late for me to return a matching item purchased elsewhere. As per the other reviewer they have £1000s of my money and am starting to be concerned my order will never arrive or funds returned."
"Chased every few days for weeks. They have taken nearly £2000 from me. I think this is a scam. Babies due any day now and we have so much stuff missing. So stressful and upsetting. Do not buy from this site."
"No order I placed a order over 6 weeks ago and still have not received my order. I was told they are waiting for it to come into stock from the supplier but have spoke to the supplier an they have it there waiting to be dispatched but need the confirmation from the baby room. Every time I email the baby room I’m told they are waiting for the supplier should be one week then it’s a different week then another. My baby is due very soon and I’m now left with no pram and there isn’t no number to contact the baby room. Really concerned!"
"Unfulfilled order, they kept putting delivery date back despite taking full payment. Only communicated when chased. Would not go back to them. Shocking customer service"
"the worst company I've ever dealt with! I am waiting for my order for 2 months, and it was supposed to be in 10 days! in each e-mail they write something else! and money, of course, collected. I am warning against this company!!!"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID Do not buy from this company. Ordered my nursery furniture around a month ago and was advised delivery by 23.04.19 and it never arrived. Chased it up and they are unable to provide a confirmed date for delivery from the supplier, they just try and fob you off - not ideal when you are heavily pregnant, this stress is not needed. No contact number for us to actually speak to someone and get this resolved. Can't help but think we have been scammed and will struggle to get a refund now. Absolutely gutted."
"Don’t ever buy anything on this website, this trash sent a damage item, when you tried to return it, they charged you 15% value fee even though that’s their fault. Trash! share this and make sure that is not happened to you or your families & friends."
The Baby Room is rated 1.00 based on 26 reviews