"I purchased the Youth Diploma 2 course, in order to hopefully get some insight into the philosophy of the Box/Trap more than anything else.
My review will be split into Theory and Practical as is the course.
Theory - at times the concepts were explained well by the lead coach. Here are my Even Better Ifs:
1. They should you a video step-by-step of passive defending. They mentioned it briefly but this could have been done a lot better. This could then lead to the trap philosophy.
2. Shown you the final outcome of a Coerver philosophy team using the Trap successfully. As we say in teaching, modelling and big picture are vital. If you cannot see the big picture in action, then you can get lost on your journey.
3. Stop re-using the same videos for each module when it came to a quick practical clip. No analysis done on the video to show how it relates.
4. The quick attack module had some useful information and statistics. No mention of the assist zones. Focus was on 1-1, wall passes, overlaps mixing in some Coerver advice. Would be useful to support this with video clips of it being done as drills (practical), and as a big picture (it in action during games).
1. It would be great to see the practical videos match up to the philosophy. The drills were, I appreciate, showing you the individual steps, but not putting it all together in a game situation. There were many times the players on the video were not following the principles and this could have been highlighted as a development point.
2. Again show the big picture.
Overall I felt the course rushed for the amount of money which was spent on it. I felt the concepts had merit, but there was little to support the development from a game environment. It was very hard to see how everything pieced together due to the lack of analysis and overall game situation videos.
Whilst this will not prevent me from using Coerver as some principles, I will look to other sources that will help my team and my own development further."
Book your activation call by clicking the button below. Or call us now on
+1 213-325-5109 .
Book a Call
Alice, Customer Support
Start Your Free Trial
Thank you! Now Check Your Email...
We've sent you a link to verify your free account. Click the 'Login Now' button in the email to complete activation and access your Reviews.io dashboard.
We've sent you an access link to your Reviews.io dashboard. To unlock all features to your chosen account, click the button below to arrange an onboarding call. Alternatively, you can call us now on
+44 116 350 0610.