Avis car hire Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Avis car hire

Tell us how Avis car hire made you happy

"Van booked and paid for two weeks in advance, to be picked up at Humberside airport in the morning, 17.30 the day before I picked up the vehicle they rang to say it was no longer available, no alternative offered left me in the lurch at such short notice. Will never use or recommend them again ever."
Are you Avis car hire? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"BEWARE OF Avis rentals. Our booked car was filthy & stank of smoke, so given keys to cleaner one. On returning the car, they charged my card huge amount, AFTER we signed original papers and agreed price online. WARN others to Google & read independent reviews before renting."
"I have been trying to sort out a problem I have with my credit card not being accepted without telephone authorisation at the collection point, despite having paid successfully for the car online, my bank says there is no problem with the card and Avis say it is my bank! This has now happened to me too many times and I will not be booking with them again. The answer from their customer services took over 2 weeks for an email response and it was quite obvious that the representative who answered me had not read the email. It is discourteous and not what you expect from such a large firm. I joined up to their preferred service to make my time at the desk quicker and time and time again it takes longer than going through the ordinary desks."
"All went through ok,but cashback declined and no explanation. I am querying this."
Avis car hire is rated 1.75 based on 4 reviews