Bargain Box Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bargain Box
Read Bargain Box Reviews

About Bargain Box:

Meal planning can take a chunk out of your day – we’ll take care of it for you with recipes for tasty Kiwi classics the whole family will love.

yum@bargainbox.co.nz

Myself and my flatmate are 3rd year university students and Bargain Box makes our life so much easier. The meals are the highlight of our day and ensure that we are able to eat a healthy, balanced diet as busy students. Everyone we know at uni is jealous of our delicious meals.
(Bargain Box Choice (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 11 hours ago
Fantastic variety of meals, a good balance of not too fancy and time consuming, but much nicer then what we would normally pull together. We’re very happy my foodbag has introduced a soft plastics recycling program as well as the waste was the only down fall. We have a newborn and a toddler so excited about the ready made meals extras on offer - that’s a game changer for us.
(Bargain Box Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 4 days ago
Hi Sian, thanks so much for passing on your great feedback and review! We are very excited to now be able to offer the soft plastic recycling program to all our foodies 😊 We hope you have a great and tasty week - Harriet Honeydew 🍈
The service has been great, meals are delicious! My only complaint was that I couldn't replace fish meals when they were on the weekly list, but that has been resolved within the last week with the addition of Choices, this was really the only downside to the service and as such bumped my score from a 4 to a 5.
(Bargain Box Choice (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 5 days ago
Kia ora Hayden, thanks for sharing your experience! We've listened to what our Foodies want and have introduced Bargain Box Choice to offer more flexibility :) We really appreciate your ongoing feedback and support - Michelle Mango 🥭
Started out with 5 meals a week but found this to be too much after a while, it’s nice to make something quick and easy.

Meals are generally pretty nice but there is a lot of plastic wastege.

Food is quite carb heavy but Keeps you full.

Would be good to have weekend delivery as an option
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Kia ora Charles,

Thanks for your review!

Reducing plastic waste is super important to us and we're always working on new innovative ideas. We have a new exciting initiative for soft plastic recycling if you'd like to check it our here: https://www.myfoodbag.co.nz/extras/soft-plastics-return

We also have a Fresh Start option with reduced carbs if this would work better for you! You'll be able to find more information and see the recipes on our website here: https://www.myfoodbag.co.nz/fresh-start

If you have any further questions, feel free to pop us an email at hello@myfoodbag.co.nz.

We really appreciate your support!

- Michelle Mango 🥭
Bargain Box is great. I love the variety of the recipes and I feel as though I’m eating much more healthily.
My one downside is that the eggs are often cracked or broken on delivery.
Other than that Bargain Box gets a massive thumbs up from me!
Bargain Box 5 star review on 4th April 2021
(Bargain Box Veggie (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Kia ora Cheryl,

It's so awesome to hear that you've been enjoying the recipes! We're so sorry that there's been a few issues with eggs arriving damaged in your delivery. Please pop us an email to hello@myfoodbag.co.nz so that we can follow up on this :)

- Michelle Mango 🥭
We have the family bargain box for 4 with no fish for 5 nights and I love the meals super easy and quick to prepare with amazing flavour....it has given me so much time back without the stress of shopping and deciding on meals. The whole family love the meals
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 4) No Fish) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Kia ora Kelly,

Our service is all about providing convenience for busy families and we're so thrilled to hear that we've been able to make dinner time easier and less stressful :)

- Michelle Mango 🥭
Overall excellent. The absolute only reason I can’t give 5 stars is because the Vege is often older than I would pick myself (carrots go soft within a couple of days and browning lettuce.
Otherwise though it’s great!
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Kia ora Brooke,

Thanks for your review! We're so sorry to hear that the produce have not lasted as well as we'd hoped.

Should you wish to keep your veggies and herbs super crunchy and in tip-top shape, they will stay fresher for longer if you pop them in an airtight container with a damp sheet of paper towel over the top! Works like magic for carrots :)

- Michelle Mango 🥭
So far, other than 1 missed fruit box all orders have arrived in good condition. The recipes have all been pretty good, better than expected.
Really happy with what I thought would just be a one off with the special.
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Kia ora Robert,

Thanks so much for your review and it's so awesome that you've been enjoying the recipes :) We're very sorry to hear that the Fruit Box wasn't delivered on one occasion. If this hasn't been sorted out for you, please get in touch with us at hello@myfoodbag.co.nz so that we can make things right!

- Michelle Mango 🥭
Makes dinner time so easy and I love watching my kids try new things. Would have rated this 5 but sometimes I find the sides a little repetitive- white rice, lettuce salad with vinegar and oil
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 4) No Fish) - Posted 1 month ago
Kia ora Sarah, thank you so much for your lovely review. Don't forget to rate your recipes as this feedback goes directly to our Development Kitchen who are always looking to improve the meals 😊
- Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Bargain Box takes the stress out of meal planning each week! The family is enjoying trying new meals and ideas. Great service, keep it up!
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 4) No Fish) - Posted 1 month ago
Kia ora Nicole!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

We are absolutely over the moon to hear that you are loving Bargain Box. We are privileged to be able to deliver delish meals to your whanau :)

-Jess Couscous
Having the Bargain Box has made my life so much easier. I love the variety of the meals and the high quality ingredients. Perfect for busy parents!
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
Heya Lisa! Awesome! Glad to hear that you are loving our meals! - Steph Sushi
We love the summer BBQ box, the servings are generous and the recipes are delicious and suitable for the whole family.
(Bargain Box BBQ Bag (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
Hey Helen! Glad to hear you are enjoying your meals! - Steph Sushi
Greatest idea ever! We really enjoy the Bargain Boxes - the recipes are easy, interesting and really tasty. The produce is super fresh and we especially like the meals that contain fish. We are a household of two pensioners, and we are small eaters so the Bargain Box is ideal as we get 6 meals from three. My only negative comment would be that there is no choice or substitution available. We do not eat lamb and cannot eat anything that contains curry. I have had to skip the next two deliveries because of this which is a bit annoying! Wish I had known about Bargain Box earlier!
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Kia ora Patricia, thank you for the kind words, it is epic that you are enjoying Bargain Box so much - we are all about making life easier for our Foodies ❤
Keep your eyes peeled for a more personalised Bargain Box option coming soon!
All the best,
The My Food Bag Foodies 😊
This has been great for us, it's got me cooking a wider variety of food, and not having to think "what's for tea?" is amazing. Portions are generous so I usually take leftovers for lunch the next day. Only small issue we've had is the spice packets getting a bit wet with condensation in the box - hopefully moving into the cooler seasons will help with that :)
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 4) No Fish) - Posted 1 month ago
Thanks for the feedback Gemma - it is great you hear you have been enjoying the convenience of My Food Bag 💚 Our spice packets have a special lining which mean even if the outside gets wet, the contents will stay nice and dry, ready to spice up your meal! If this is ever not the case, pop us a message, we are always happy to help out!
- My Food Bag Foodies 😊
It's great
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
Yay! We love hearing that Max!

Kindest,
-Ally Avocado 🥑
Great food, all our guys at the Trust love the meals.
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
Hey Adam!

Oh, that is so wonderful to hear - we are stoked that you are loving your Bargain Box experience.

Happy Cooking! -Ally Avocado 🥑
I've been really impressed with Bargain Box. It's very affordable for one person, and the variety of recipes is great. There are just a few things I'd wish to be improved. I wish there was a way to allow for food allergies. I like how you can just opt not to use those ingredients, but not having recipes with them included in the first place would be nice. I also feel like better packaging for eggs is necessary as they are always crushed on arrival. Otherwise, love it.
(Bargain Box Veggie (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Jenna!

Thank you for popping your feedback through, we are absolutely stoked to hear that you are loving your Bargain Boxes each week. We will certainly pass all your suggestions on to our wider team, so thank you for taking the time to let us know!

Happy Cooking,

-Ally Avocado 🥑
Bargain box takes the hassle out of sorting meals, while adding new fresh flavours. It gets you out of the same old regular meals you cook. Keeps you from wasting food too. We order the 2 people and always have plenty for lunch most of the time. Delicious meals.
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Wow Kristina, thank you for the love! It is so exciting to hear you are enjoying some new flavours - getting out of your cooking comfort zone is what we are all about! Keep up the amazing work!
- Madeleine Macaron
Love it every week, sometimes recipes get abit repetitive but they are still great
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Thanks for the feedback Shevourn, glad you hear you are enjoying Bargain Box 🤍
- My Food Bag Foodies 😋
Loving the healthy, fresh food. Great for our growing, busy family. Has so many yummy things, we are loving trying something new. Even getting fussy teenagers to eat it is not a struggle. Love that we can get home hot and tired but tea will be ready in 30 - 40 mins. Easy to follow recipes. Thank you :)
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Anna! Getting the fussy teenagers to eat - what a win! We love that you're enjoying the recipes, thanks for being a customer! :) -Kate Peach
Bargain Box is rated 4.68 based on 413 reviews