Bargain Box Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bargain Box
Read Bargain Box Reviews

About Bargain Box:

Meal planning can take a chunk out of your day – we’ll take care of it for you with recipes for tasty Kiwi classics the whole family will love.

yum@bargainbox.co.nz

Meals are great - most full of veg so feel relatively healthy for a family with two growing kids. Not all meals work out and are delicious, but on the whole, they're quite good. At times, we look at the ingredients for a meal and question whether or not we could have bought the ingredients ourselves for half the price (which I imagine we could), but the convenience of not thinking about menus, ingredients and delivery does mean we keep ordering. Some recipes call for a lot of home staples, meaning there seem to be only a handful of ingredients supplied. In those moments I question value for money in particular. Would love to see less waste in the packaging - so many ice packs and plastic and paper and a big box to deal with each week - are there more environmentally-friendly options? Overall, we're happy but I'm not yet convinced we'll continue long-term.
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Angela, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so pleased we can help deliver you some deliciously healthy and convenient meals each week. We're always looking for ways to reduce our environmental impact and will be sure to pass on your feedback around this :) - The Bargain Box Foodies
Delicious meals and so convenient.
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Kia ora Lorilei, so happy to hear you're enjoying your Bargain Box! Thanks for the awesome review :) - The Bargain Box Foodies
I love the meals and different flavours I’ve tried different places but this is my favourite and have stuck with them for the last 3 months but I will say I’m not always happy with the quantity of meat for family of 6 and the fresh produce has not always been fresh and the delivery service my boxes are usually damaged causing damage to veges like tomatoes and onions and lettuce usually arrives brown bar a few occasions
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 6)) - Posted 1 week ago
Kia ora Michael, thanks for your review! Glad to hear that you have loved the meals for the most part!! Apologies if there have been any quality issues, we do pride ourselves on high-quality ingredients. If you ever have any issues please do let us know as it is super important that we follow this up with our team to improve moving forwards :) -Jess Couscous
So easy and takes away the ‘what shall we have for dinner’ we have seem noticeable health benefits.. thank you.
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your review Deb. We are so happy to hear that we are taking away the dinner time stress and you are enjoying your delicious meal options. -The My Food Bag Foodies
We get 5 nights for 6ppl and we absolutely love it, it’s easy everything is there and as a busy family it takes all the thinking of what to have each night simple and fantastic value for our money🤩
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 6)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Charlene, we are so happy to hear we have helped get delicious and healthy meals sorted for you and your busy whānau each week! We appreciate the lovely review :) - Austen Affogato 🍨
The whole family enjoys Bargain Box… cooking it and eating it!! Very easy from ordering, delivery and cooking. We eat a lot more vegetables than we used to! Highly recommend!
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 6)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Debbie, thanks for the review! We're all about convenience and deliciously healthy meals at Bargain Box, so we are so pleased to hear we've ticked those boxes for you! - Austen Affogato 🍨
Bargain box has awesome food, good choices and is affordable - love it
(Bargain Box (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Lois, so great to hear you're loving your Bargain Box! Thanks so much for the awesome review :) - Austen Affogato 🍨
Love bargain box, different meals every night and the quantity is more than enough. Takes away the stress of trying to think what to cook and saves me having to do a big shop
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 6)) - Posted 3 months ago
Kia ora Kadee, thanks for your lovely review :) So glad we can help take the stress away from dinner time and provide some variety to your weekly meals! - Austen Affogato 🍨
My daughter encouraged me to try Bargain Box and I love it. Excellent quality ingredients, and preplanned meals, it takes a lot of stress out of life.
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Vanessa, yay we're so glad to hear you're loving your Bargain Box and that it's helping reduce the weekly stress mealtimes can cause! Thanks for the awesome review :) - Austen Affogato 🍨
Since starting Bargain Box meal times have been a lot more varied with the meals and less stressful to organise as well being a stay at home mum. I am able to prep the meals whilst my little one is having a nap so then cooking time gets cut down even further.
(Bargain Box (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Shontelle, that's so great to hear your Bargain Box has helped take away the stress and time of organising dinner as a busy Mum! Thanks for the review! - Austen Affogato 🍨
Convenient, fresh & excellent reusable recipes!
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Kia ora Amy, so glad you love your Bargain Box! Thanks for leaving us a review :) - Austen Affogato 🍨
After trying for many years to get my hubby and two daughters cooking on a weekly basis, Bargain Box solved it in a week! A couple of months in and we haven't looked back - very reasonably priced and lots of variety. What price can you put on, not having to cook 7 days a week!! Love it
(Bargain Box (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
Kia ora Clare, that's amazing you've managed to get the whole family involved in the cooking - what a win! Thanks for sharing your Bargain Box experience with us, we're so happy we have helped get dinners sorted :) - Austen Affogato 🍨
Unfortunately the chicken nibbles supplied with this weeks bargain box was off and smelt dreadful. Thank You Debra
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Debra, very sorry to hear your chicken arrived in such a poor state! That is certainly not the quality we expect to be delivering. If you haven't already, please reach out to our Customer Love team who will be happy to find a solution for you :) -Dan Dijon
I love receiving my bargain box. The food is always so fresh and perfectly packed. Delicious yummy food
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Carol, thanks for your lovely review! We're so happy to hear we've helped to sort easy and delicious dinners for you! - Austen Affogato 🍨
I have really enjoyed the bargain boxes. I have cooked meals that I would not have thought of to do, and I found the instructions and recipes very clear and easy to follow. The ingredients are fresh and generous in portion size. During the lockdown, these meals have been a godsend, and I would highly recommend them to anybody. Just trust the recipes - they have all been delicious.
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Kia ora Kimberly, yay so happy we could help make dinners easy and delicious for Foodies like you during lockdown! Thanks for leaving us the wonderful review :) - Austen Affogato 🍨
We love bargain box! The kids are trying new foods and flavours, the recipes are simple to follow and so many are allergy friendly. Should have made the switch sooner
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
Its been great having the meal ideas sorted and have just had to upgrade to a bigger box size as we are home in level 3 and helps to have some leftovers for lunch or sneaky seconds!
(Bargain Box (3 Nights For 6)) - Posted 3 months ago
Love the convenience of bargain box! Tasty and fresh meals delivered every week, making life so much easier with little kiddy’s and hectic lifestyles! You’ve even got the other half cooking - that’s a win!! I am a bargain box advocate now
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
We get what we pay for and we are happy with it. Bargain Box is closer to what we'd normally cook, is cheaper, and has less packaging waste than Hello Fresh but we get fewer menu choices and we often get less to eat.
(Bargain Box (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
We've loved Bargain Box for our family. Tasty meals, and lots of variety to choose from each week. The recipes are easy to follow, and you know in advance what pantry staples are needed so you don't get caught short. Our only gripe is that the recipes tend to take longer than the time indicated on the cards.
Bargain Box is rated 4.67 based on 536 reviews