Builders Merchant Reviews

Read Builders Merchant Reviews

sales@buildersmerchant.com

Builders Marketplace, Merchant House, 44 Berth, Tilbury Docks

Tell us how Builders Merchant made you happy
Great if you are prepared to WAIT A LONG TIME for delivery & chase it up (6 weeks) !
Called up before to check they had stock of what I wanted (which they did), and then drove over to collect. A pleasure to deal with and goods were loaded into my car for me. A big thank you to Victoria who was helpful, and came out to car to check everything was loaded correctly. Would use again.
DO NOT SPEAK WITH VICTORIA! rang up to order some timber and spoke to Victoria, was very helpful selling and very happy at taking my money, however when my goods were not delivered on time and I tried to contact the seller this was a mission in itself getting through to Victoria. She did not want to assist with locating my delivery-said she would call me back on several occasions. When I tried to contact her whoever answered the phone could never transfer! A lovely young lady helped me resolve my issue in the end...it seems some just want to take the money and not help! Found this very unprofessional.
I rang them (after they ignored my emails) thankfully before ordering, and came here to warn people - it looks like others have beaten me to it though! I wanted to find out what wood treatment they used given their prices were markedly better than others. They told me their 'treated timber' is Kiln Dried timber, nothing more. Reading their website, they do talk about pressure treatment, which must be something more than kiln drying I assume, but they just don't seem to have much of a clue! Reading the other reviews also, stay well clear!!
They took my order and cancelled via email 5 days later offering me a full refund. I’m still waiting 1 month later..
Avoid this company
Bog$h¥t enough said.
Paid for goods 2 months ago with extra for express delivery.
No delivery yet, no response to over 10 emails and no one answers the phone.
Do not buy from these people.
They will take your money and then disappear.
Those that have already been stung like me, perhaps contact your bank to start a charge back process.
In my opinion decking is damaged and second rate.. hit and run company during covid 19.. no contact for weeks
Good company! The did my project quickly and professionally.
Poor service.... I have been waiting nearly 1 month for my order, emails and phone calls go unanswered.. Please avoid at all cost.
In line with all other people complaining I am exactly in the same situation and tired of not been able to get in touch.
Will need to prosecute in order to get money back?
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY CON ARTIST'S !!!After placing an order at the beginning of April and paying over £100 for express delivery I have still not received my goods, I have been provided with 3 separate tracking numbers. Now today Tuffnells have just told me they have our tracking number but the order is in someone elses name and address, however with our post code. This is an absolute joke with no reply or correspondence from the company. I am completely sympathetic in regards the current climate and what is happening but this company is false advertising and also has nothing in regards to COVID 19 and any precautions or delays that they have put in place. My belief is that this company is a taking full advantage of clients and stealing their money. I have requested over and over again for my money back or order asap without anything. I have tried to also contact the director CAMERON NEWBOLD directly.
Order was placed and paid for online through the website on 15/04/20 and nothing heard since. After calling numerous times on 20/04/20 for an update, finally got though to someone who advised they have no record of my order. I was advised they will look into and call back, I’m still waiting for a further update today. I have tried to call again all day and no one answers! I’m totally stuck now, they have our money and we are still waiting to hear from them.
Wish I had read the reviews before we purchased, last week. No tracking number yet; no response to three emails; telephone is not being answered - and goes dead without taking a message or going to another extension.
I am agast at how they feel they can operate without communication with customers. If we had the tracking number and courier we could chase ourselves, but I guess this hasn't been provided as our order has even been shipped. What an abysmal outfit. Avoid Avoid
Took a substantial amount of money from me over 2 weeks ago and was assured delivery would be within 2 days. Got an email day after saying goods depatched but with no tracking. Asked for tracking was told it hasn't been sent yet. Emailed several times in past 2 weeks with no reply. Called numerous times but no one answering the phones despite their website saying they are trading as normal despite Covid19. Caused huge problems for my business as if we don't have enough to deal with at the moment. Had to stop my job, lay off 2 staff becuase of it andnow have unhappy customers. Would never use these again and no idea if and when I will ever get my money back.
super service will definitely use again
Excellent service . Easy to use web site. Ordered flexible ply and received it by courier 3days later . 👍
Supplier OK - website poor. Pop-up (especially the one touting reviews, blocks view of product. Why not offer a button to disappear annoying overlays?
Could not find simple pine timber item....too much about how good you are and not enough actual factual product information - such as sizes, timber types, lengths. Gave up in the end. Pity
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH - A NIGHTMARE!
Ordered Hinge pins for wheelie bin online stated size 15mm x 55mm, arrived on time but size 12mm x 45mm. Ordered again second time, arrived promptly, but wrong small size again. Ordered a third time with instruction (PLEASE ENSURE THAT SIZES ARE 15MM X 55MM, THANKS). To my horror the wrong small size again, not the advertised size 15mm x 55mm. So disgusting...not even bother to return them. Sick!
Paid for express delivery and confirmed for Monday or Tuesday. No response to 3 emails asking for a tracking number. Called Tuesday and told not left, couldn't leave that day so would leave Wed for Thurs morning delivery. Called as not arrived on Thurs, goods still not left.
No refund received for express delivery received as promised, no advice of any delays - staff don't care, lead by the MD Amy who doesn't honour her word. Shocking customer service and i'm still without goods
Builders Merchant is rated 3.25 based on 59 reviews