“If consumers believe that the Confederation of Roofing Contractors offers any protection from rogue roofers then consider the following facts based on personal experience
1) The CoRC provides no protection from cowboys and rogue traders . Until late 2018 they listed as one of their members a company called New Style Building and Roofing Ltd who carried out sub-standard work on my house, and then refused to deal with a complaint, which I had made through CORC complaints resolution process.
2) Proof of the sub-standard state of my roof caused by New Style Building and Roofing Ltd was provided to CORC who agreed I had good cause cause for complaint but were unable to resolve it with contractor making their published “complaints policy” of little worth to consumers. If a trader is a 'rogue' they have no power! And you have no recourse.
3) New Style Building and Roofing Ltd had their membership of the CORC removed, and are currently in the process of being dissolved, leaving unpaid creditors, including myself with a CCJ against them. Standard practice of dodgy traders!
4) The director of New Style Building and Roofing Ltd then did what many similar unscrupulous traders do, he started a new roofing company called Hanson Roofing and Building Ltd. AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENED NEXT – CORC listed the trader under his new trading name. CORC ARE NO BETTER THAN THE MANY OTHER “TRUSTED TRADER” LISTING WEBSITES WHO'S MAIN FOCUS IS COLLECTING THE FEES OF TRADERS AND OFFER NO PROTECTION TO CONSUMERS.
5) Trustworthy and honest traders who are members of the CoRC and use their logo may wish to consider the value of being listed alongside a trader that has been proven to produce poor standards of work , has a CCJ against them and previously had membership removed.”