Smartpay Reviews

of reviewers recommend Smartpay

Tell us how Smartpay made you happy
I ordered a phone from Stright Talk in April of 2020. Aside from the fact that they were charging me twice the amount each month that they originally quoted me, I was also sent a defective, worthless piece of junk tech. It worked fine for 3 months, but then crashed and became unresponsive out of nowhere. I know for a fact this phone was never dropped, exposed to extreme temperatures or gotten wet. I've always taken exceptionally good care of anything I've paid for, especially phones. I contacted SmartPay about getting a replacement but they said they couldn't help me, I'd need to call Samsung. Samsung told me the phone is under warranty for 1 year, but I would have to go through my service provider to get a replacement. I called Straight Talk and they were quick to throw the burden back on SmartPay, saying it's their responsibility as the leasing company because of the contract between the two. I call SmartPay again and tell them what I've been told so far. They get on a conference call with Straight Talk while I'm on the line and decide my issue would have to be pushed up to a supervisor. They promised to call me with a resolution within 24 hours. 72 hours go by and I call again since they failed to reach out to me. Again I'm told they'll have to get a supervisor to weigh in and, once again, they assure me they'll call me back, but this time within 48 hours. They failed to meet their own deadline once more. After numerous additional calls and emails I sent to their customer service address, the resolution they finally came up with was to offer me a $20 discount off of the phone's pay off amount. They completely neglected their duty when it comes to customer service and did so in such a way that I'm entirely convinced that this company is nothing but a scam. I had no choice but to pay off the overpriced phone to prevent these liars from impacting my credit. Now I go way out of my way to tell everyone I can to avoid these people like the plague. If you don't want to end up paying more than double what a phone is actually worth, and you want to have some peace of mind that the phone will be replaced if there's a manufacturer's defect, stay far away from this group. They deserve to be shut down.
Unbelievably terrible system and their technicians hands are tied because it's all the website and they told me the site is a common problem. Wal-Mart why would you use this company? I've been with straight talk for years and now I switching
DON'T USE THEM. Poor customer services. They put your card on autopay without your permission.
Lol. Thanks for the review April. If you actually used our product you would know that we don't accept credit cards as a payment option. So it is impossible for us to use your card information for autopay.
Smartpay is rated 1.00 based on 3 reviews