Motorway Direct Plc Reviews

of reviewers recommend Motorway Direct Plc

Tell us how Motorway Direct Plc made you happy
My car was recently written off through no fault of my own. The motor insurer (LV) were supportive, offered a fair valuation and settled within a week. Rolls Royce service from them. My gap insurance unfortunately is administered by Motorway Direct who offer more of a Reliant Robin experience. Initial contact was fine and all requested information was supplied to them within a few days. Nothing then for a week at which point they requested copies of bank statements showing the original payment for the car. This despite having a copy of the dealer invoice and the purchase being nearly six years ago. Not to mention the fact that the policy is for a Replacement Car and therefore the purchase price is irrelevant. Tried to explain this to a pretty useless call centre employee who could only repeat her mantra of its what the underwriters want ! Luckily my bank were efficient and managed to find the statements which I supplied over a week ago to Motorway Direct whilst also making an official complaint about this rather blatant attempt to delay meeting their liability. Since then not heard a word from Motorway Direct. Probably they are busily thinking of new information to request. Blood type of the salesman, shoe size of the service manager perhaps ! The policy states very clearly that claims will be settled within 14 days of the motor insurers settlement. As they are now in breach of contract in that regard I will seek interest on the eventual settlement and appeal to the Ombudsman should they demur. Given that the current judgement rate applied to Ombudsman compensation claims is 8% perhaps there is a silver lining after all. Watch this space.
I don’t think they even deserve a star. Don’t waste your money on this warranty . I’m not sure how they get away with this day light robbery . They do everything they can to avoid paying out . My situation with timiming chain on a BMW X5 was luckily and unlucky as I’m still having to pay over £1000 to reapir . This was caught early on and I was advised by several garages including BMW the time chain needed replacing. I rang up motorway direct and intially they wanted me to take it for another dygnosis even though I provided one from BMW . Anyways long story cut short because the car has not failed / broken down they said it will not be covered. In other words they wanted the chain to snap before they will do anything about it. Had the chain snapped this would have cost 10 x more to repair. they are refusing to pay now just imagine what they would have said if it had snapped . They would be looking for another loop hole to getting out paying . Bottom line is , do not buy this warranty . I will be taking this to the Financial ombudsman and encourage others to do the same . It’s no coincidence there are more negative reviews than positive. if they are deemed to be ripping off customers then FCA will investigate them too . Which could result in the company making changes in the way they handle claims and actually pay up and not look for loopholes .
Motorway Direct Plc is rated 1.00 based on 2 reviews