Newman & Bright Reviews

Read Newman & Bright Reviews

zevi@newmanandbright.co.uk

260 Manchester Road, Worsley

Tell us how Newman & Bright made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Excellent communication and advice. Good choice of products and very high quality. Answered all questions and turned out a product that fitted our requirements perfectly. Very highly recommended.
Kingsbury Sofa and 2 chairs purchased. One of the chairs we ordered after the first delivery as they were so great. Colour matched ordering fine and excellent sample supplies.

They just bowl all our friends over...you just don't get goods like this in the junky high street multiples. WELL DONE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Provided great advice on furniture, sent numerous colours samples and arranged a visit to their workshop at our convenience to try styles out. The sofas and armchair have now been delivered to the west coast of Scotland and we couldn't be happier with the end result. In time for Christmas as promised as well.
We purchased 2 Gatsby chairs and are really pleased with the quality of them. They are comfortable and look great. The length of time from order to delivery was rather longer than we anticipated but overall happy. Company they use for delivery were good at letting us know what was happening.
We purchased 4 Byron chairs and 2, 2-seat chesterfield sofas. After doing much research the Byron chairs were just what we wanted - a slightly smaller footprint than the chesterfield chairs, but still stunning. We dealt with Sam from Newman & Bright, who was helpful and clear throughout the whole process. We also wanted to purchase some hide from the same batch to make some footstools, which Sam sorted out for us. When the sofas and chairs arrived promptly as per the delivery company's texts, we were so happy to see that we had exactly what we wanted. The workmanship was great and the colour perfect as per the samples we had been sent by Sam at the begining of the process. The sofas and chairs are extemely comfortable to sit on - even our cats approve! We can't thank Sam and the rest of the staff at Newman & Bright enough, the whole process from order to delivery took about 7 weeks and just in time for the Easter Bank holiday weekend.
5 stars - excellent from all at Newman & Bright.
What a delight the entire experience of ordering a custom made lounge suite has been. Newman and Bright were extremely helpful from the first inquiry right through to the delivery. We ordered the Gatsby 3 piece suite and the entire process was arranged by phone. Leather samples were sent promptly giving us ample options and ensuring no surprises upon delivery. A particular life saver was offering detachable arms to ensure we could get it in the property! The delivery was all arranged through Newman and Bright. The finished item came well insulated with bubble wrap to protect our walls coming in and the arms were assembled by the delivery men. And most importantly, the furniture is just as comfortable as it is beautiful. Would highly recommend to anyone.
Had our sofa for 2 years from start to finish and upon till this day there's more problems terrible service,quality and attitude from owner, I shopped around for 18 months to look for a good leather sofa,the worst thing I ever did I hate it
The quality of the stitching was completely shoddy and what I was told in store did not match reality.. pay remaining 50% on delivery. A confidence booster to get your money.

Completely substandard craftsmanship.
We purchased 3 chesterfield sofas and the customer service during the purchase was excellent however when the sofas arrived one of the sofas had a small mark in the leather it is noticeable of you sit near the arm it is on so we ask for someone to look at it and they sent a company to look at it however we never heard anything after this even though we phoned and emailed. So our opinion of the Newman and Bright went from very good to very poor.
Got a sofa and simply amen dico all round.
(Pictures attached). I needed a corner couch of specific sizing and the usual well-known furniture shops did have quite the right combination so I decided to look for a local place which could make custom sofas – pricey but was sure the premium would be worth it.

I found Newmanandbright website, it looked convincing so I took the time to go their store and see some sofas. What was on display was excellent.
I specified the needed sofa with Rafi, paid the 50% deposit (£1,492.50) and excitedly awaited delivery date. The service over the phone was appalling – he backed down when I asked Rafi to get his recording for us to listen.

Anyway – paid the remaining 50% and sofa arrived. At this stage – the attitude I had experienced told me I really had no option but to live with the very substandard quality sofa that was delivered. It was no where near the great quality of what was on display at their place.

I have recently ordered a new, similar sofa from well-known store at the cost of £2500 and I am getting rid of the Newmanandbright sofa (for free) having had to suffer looking at it for 18 months. Attitude was very bad (after I paid 50%) and quality of sofa I got. Shocking experience.

On the plus side - I'll give the couch this much - its sturdy. The pictures you see are recent and exactly same state was when delivered 18 months ago..
I ordered 2x Gatsby sofas in Black leather piped with metallic Gold from Rafi. Excellent company to deal with, very attentive and Rafi was very helpful, offering alternative choices as he was keen to make sure I had all the information before making my final choice. The sofas were delivered ahead of schedule (all the way up to Glasgow)to my delight and are absolutely exceptional. The build quality is amazing and leather is just beautiful. I am delighted to have chosen Newman and Bright and would have no hesitation recommending them to friends and family.
Superb service from start to finish. Polite and helpful advice in the showroom from the craftsmen themselves, with no sales pressure whatsoever. Sofa quality way in excess of similarly or higher priced high street alternatives. Delivered on time before Christmas. Cannot recommend this business highly enough.
Listened to our requirements and responded rapidly with costs. Service was courteous and delivery was on time.
We wanted a vintage style sofa to go in our 1930s flat and were delighted when we found that Newman & Bright did the deco-style 'Gatsby' sofa. Not just that - they were based in Manchester so we were putting business a local company's way too. The team we met in the showroom were terrific - really helpful - and Rafi the owner helped with any questions we had and kept us up to date with progress as the sofa was being made. It's now been delivered and we love it! Super quality, great colours, very comfy and very glamorous. The delivery team were lovely too. More than happy with the service and product we received from Newman & Bright. 20/10 from us!!
Newman & Brights in my perspective is a great company. When I went to the showroom in London, I was given great customer service as to the information on the sofas i was looking at. Rafi who sold me the Astor sofas helped me a lot such as to the colors for the sofas and i also got a feel of the texture. I was also satisfied with the price of my sofas. if someone was to ask me any companies that sold good quality sofas; I would advise them to check out Newman and Brights. I've now had my sofas for 3 months and they still look brand new.
Great quality sofas. Leather was much smoother than sample. Colour range was excellent and service brilliant. Don't know if these will last the 20 years my previous ones did but they certainly look well built. The Art Deco design certainly provides an original feature. I would recommend this company.
Our sofa arrived today and we absolutely love it! It's exactly what we wanted and looks perfect - it's beautifully crafted, a fantastic example of a quality "made in England" sofa. Rafi and his team were all so incredibly helpful and accommodating from when we first arrived for a browse in the showroom to getting our sofa (and afterwards when we decided we wanted the feet changing!) - we were customers who definitely knew EXACTLY what we wanted and Rafi and his colleagues managed to make our vision a reality, so thank you very much. We would highly recommend Newman and Bright.
Asked Newman & Bright to make us a totally bespoke sofa for our wedding - wanted a beautiful white Chesterfield sofa for the family photos. What they created was stunning! They even had the forethought to have special white feet made to take to the sofa to the next level! The wedding photos look amazing, I am so happy that N&B made my day extra special! Extra thanks to Rafi for his excellent advice and the driver Tony of Rand Removals for his prompt and efficient delivery!
Best Regards,
Selena
We bought a foot stall to match the two sofa's we'd already bought from Newman and Bright, we are very happy with the quality of workmanship and service provided.
Newman & Bright is rated 4.77 based on 82 reviews