Piper Jonas Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Piper Jonas

About Piper Jonas: Piper Jonas is a professional bagpiper for hire. With nearly two decades experience playing for weddings, memorials, and celebrations throughout the Bay Area and Northern California, Piper Jonas has the experience and know-how to make your next event a success.

Tell us how Piper Jonas made you happy

"Initially, I had another piper reserved but after speaking with Jonas, I asked him to play at my father's funeral. Jonas answered all my questions and was comfortable to talk to. Before the burial, Jonas had an outline of each song he was going to play and conferred with me in every step. My father received military honors during his interment and Jonas had impeccable timing in playing the bagpipes. Jonas played beautifully. The music was touching and heartfelt. My family was very impressed and despite the burial of my father, I was happy Jonas was there to play Amazing Grace and other songs. On behalf of the family, Thank you!"
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"Exactly as expected. Professional, polite, excellent performance and dress. Could not have asked for anyone better."
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"We, of the Scottish Rite San Francisco Chapter of Knights of Saint Andrew, would like to recognize Piper Jonas for an outstanding performance providing the music for our annual Robert Burns Supper - a humble, dignified, and truly talented musician."
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"We hired Piper Jonas as a surprise for our daughter's wedding. No one except my husband and I knew he would be there and he was the hit of the wedding. He stayed hidden until after the ceremony and at the perfect time, began "When Irish Eyes are Smiling". I heard my daughter say "Oh I love this!" as she walked down the isle. He was professional, dressed to the tee and serenaded our guests to the reception. It was perfect! Thank you Piper Jonas!"
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"Jonas arrived early in full gear, warmed up away from the event and proceeded to perform the songs we carefully chose together with the utmost professionalism. We asked him if he'd like to join our celebration after the event and he spent time mixing with the crowd for a short while. All were happy to engage with Jonas and were in awe of his performance. I'll hire Jonas again."
"I just wanted to thank you for your wonderfully played bagpipe music for my Dad's memorial service last Monday 11/19. It really added an element of surprise and magic that everyone greatly appreciated. Following the piper to the Faculty Club is something that my dad would have loved."
"If I could give Jonas a rating of higher than a 10 of 10, I would do it. I hired Jonas to be the Piper when guests arrived for my very special birthday party of about 80 people. Being Scottish with a well known Chinese wife, meant there were many many talented Chinese ladies in attendance. Besides me, they had never seen a kilt. He is so relaxed and "joined" the pre-celebration. His abilities and friendly personality were much more than I could have dreamed of. He is incredible, and never was overwhelmed by the mass of wonderful women and spouses. Piper Jonas is my "Piper For Life"."
"OMG! Piper Jonas made our wedding a true fairy tale. He is extremely professional and highly talented. He is also very tech savvy I just cannot say enough nice things about him and he is a complete pleasure to work with in every way. I cannot wait to use him again."
"Piper Jonas has been the official bagpiper for our Carnegie Mellon University - Silicon Valley MSSM Diploma Ceremony for the last couple of years. This year, he did an excellent job and really helped set the ambiance for the celebration. We look forward to having him again next year!"
"Five years ago (2013) I accepted the position of Chairman of the Orinda 4th of July Parade. My first goal was to add a bag piper to the parade. While I was unsuccessful the first year, I had better luck the following four years, and luck is the operative word. I had no idea how grand a contribution Jonas the Piper would be to the Best Hometown Parade. Thank you Jonas, for your authentic and exciting performance(s). We are grateful to have you!"
"Piper Jonas player at my brothers sea burial. I can not recommend him enough. He played beautifully under challenging conditions and truly made it a beautiful memorial. Very professional and a great person as well. Thank you Piper Jonas."
"At my husband's United States Naval Academy Luncheon today I surprised them by having Piper Jonas play. He was outstanding, thrilling not only the men but all who were at the restaurant."
"I had to go with my gut instinct on hiring Piper Jonas, as I never had the opportunity to meet him. Thank God I trust my instincts. He had to play for us and be hidden at the same time, show up on time, and have yet another person he has never met guide him through our cloistered process. It was amazing!!! He touched the hearts of several women while we were on this retreat as we walked a lighted path and listened to his beautiful music. From what my helpers tells me, he was prompt, professional, compassionate and accommodating to our unusual situation. I can attest to the beautiful sound of his bagpipes and would recommend him to anyone for any occasion. I hope to have another time and place to work with Piper Jonas! He gets five stars from all of us, and that's 70 Women in Total :)"
"Jonas was absolutely fantastic. So helpful during the preparation time and generally caring. He played the recessional and led my grandson and bride after their wedding ceremony. Truly a special moment for all. Thank you Jonas."
"Piper Jonas was amazing at our daughter's wedding! Her new husband is Scottish and with the groom and groom's men in kilts Jonas playing his bagpipes transformed the Nicklaus Club to a magical Scottish castle. Jonas is an excellent musician and very professional!"
"Jonas blew it out of the park! He piped at my daughter's wedding and truly made it a memorable event."
"Jonas was our surprise guest at our St. Patrick's Lunch at BrandVia. Everyone loved the music and performance! There's something so special about bagpipes!!"
"Everyone loved it - we all thought you were great and would always contact you again in the future. If there is anyone in need of a piper I will be happy to give them your name."
"Jonas was tremendous at my Dad's memorial service; we were blessed to have him perform and make the day even more poignant and memorable. Many thanks Jonas!"
"Jonas recently played at my dad's funeral and his performance was spot on. He was very professional, understanding and experienced. I would highly recommend him."
Piper Jonas is rated 5.00 based on 32 reviews