Piper Jonas Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Piper Jonas

About Piper Jonas: Piper Jonas is a professional bagpiper for hire. With nearly two decades experience playing for weddings, memorials, and celebrations throughout the Bay Area and Northern California, Piper Jonas has the experience and know-how to make your next event a success.

Tell us how Piper Jonas made you happy

"Piper Jonas played for my Moms 90th Birthday party. I highly recommend him as a bagpiper. From our first conversation he was not only professional but very prompt with responding. The moment he started playing for me to see my Moms face with emotion and delight made it so worth it. He took the time to visit and take pictures after he finished playing which made it so much fun for everyone. He deserves more than 5 stars!"
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"Super easy to work with!"
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"We will definitely hire Piper Jonas to perform Scottish bagpipe music at future events. Piper Jonas was worth every penny of his fee - and that is our opinion as a family of notorious penny pinchers! Piper Jonas showed up on time. He was polite to all the guests. Piper Jonas followed directions and cooperated with the School Principal, so his multiple performances coordinated with other performers. Piper Jonas wore traditional Scottish men's clothing including plaid kilt, sporran, hat, vest. He represented Scotland and America in a healthy, clean, calm manner, even when surrounded by very inquisitive kids. Piper Jonas played Scottish bagpipe music in a dignified yet energetic manner. Adults and kids enjoyed his performances. Piper Jonas was also comfortable with allowing adults and kids take photos with him, and ask him lots of questions between playing music. We found him by searching the internet -- so we were a little apprehensive because his fee seemed high and we didn't know if he would even show up -- but we we're lucky because Piper Jonas was far better than advertised. Piper Jonas was awesome. We absolutely recommend him for any large event. Everyone was thrilled with his lively bagpipe playing and ability to engage the audience. Catherine and William Stuart March 2019"
"Really Good!"
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"We asked him last minute to play at a military honor guard memorial service. He was amazing. Very professional sounded excellent and folded into the service without any preparation."
"Piper Jonas looked great, played great and his music gave our wedding such a romantic and emotional touch. Just loved everything about his service. Would recommend him to anyone!"
"Initially, I had another piper reserved but after speaking with Jonas, I asked him to play at my father's funeral. Jonas answered all my questions and was comfortable to talk to. Before the burial, Jonas had an outline of each song he was going to play and conferred with me in every step. My father received military honors during his interment and Jonas had impeccable timing in playing the bagpipes. Jonas played beautifully. The music was touching and heartfelt. My family was very impressed and despite the burial of my father, I was happy Jonas was there to play Amazing Grace and other songs. On behalf of the family, Thank you!"
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"Exactly as expected. Professional, polite, excellent performance and dress. Could not have asked for anyone better."
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"We, of the Scottish Rite San Francisco Chapter of Knights of Saint Andrew, would like to recognize Piper Jonas for an outstanding performance providing the music for our annual Robert Burns Supper - a humble, dignified, and truly talented musician."
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"We hired Piper Jonas as a surprise for our daughter's wedding. No one except my husband and I knew he would be there and he was the hit of the wedding. He stayed hidden until after the ceremony and at the perfect time, began "When Irish Eyes are Smiling". I heard my daughter say "Oh I love this!" as she walked down the isle. He was professional, dressed to the tee and serenaded our guests to the reception. It was perfect! Thank you Piper Jonas!"
Would you recommend Piper Jonas to a family, friend, or colleague? yes
"Jonas arrived early in full gear, warmed up away from the event and proceeded to perform the songs we carefully chose together with the utmost professionalism. We asked him if he'd like to join our celebration after the event and he spent time mixing with the crowd for a short while. All were happy to engage with Jonas and were in awe of his performance. I'll hire Jonas again."
"I just wanted to thank you for your wonderfully played bagpipe music for my Dad's memorial service last Monday 11/19. It really added an element of surprise and magic that everyone greatly appreciated. Following the piper to the Faculty Club is something that my dad would have loved."
"If I could give Jonas a rating of higher than a 10 of 10, I would do it. I hired Jonas to be the Piper when guests arrived for my very special birthday party of about 80 people. Being Scottish with a well known Chinese wife, meant there were many many talented Chinese ladies in attendance. Besides me, they had never seen a kilt. He is so relaxed and "joined" the pre-celebration. His abilities and friendly personality were much more than I could have dreamed of. He is incredible, and never was overwhelmed by the mass of wonderful women and spouses. Piper Jonas is my "Piper For Life"."
"OMG! Piper Jonas made our wedding a true fairy tale. He is extremely professional and highly talented. He is also very tech savvy I just cannot say enough nice things about him and he is a complete pleasure to work with in every way. I cannot wait to use him again."
"Piper Jonas has been the official bagpiper for our Carnegie Mellon University - Silicon Valley MSSM Diploma Ceremony for the last couple of years. This year, he did an excellent job and really helped set the ambiance for the celebration. We look forward to having him again next year!"
"Five years ago (2013) I accepted the position of Chairman of the Orinda 4th of July Parade. My first goal was to add a bag piper to the parade. While I was unsuccessful the first year, I had better luck the following four years, and luck is the operative word. I had no idea how grand a contribution Jonas the Piper would be to the Best Hometown Parade. Thank you Jonas, for your authentic and exciting performance(s). We are grateful to have you!"
"Piper Jonas player at my brothers sea burial. I can not recommend him enough. He played beautifully under challenging conditions and truly made it a beautiful memorial. Very professional and a great person as well. Thank you Piper Jonas."
"At my husband's United States Naval Academy Luncheon today I surprised them by having Piper Jonas play. He was outstanding, thrilling not only the men but all who were at the restaurant."
"I had to go with my gut instinct on hiring Piper Jonas, as I never had the opportunity to meet him. Thank God I trust my instincts. He had to play for us and be hidden at the same time, show up on time, and have yet another person he has never met guide him through our cloistered process. It was amazing!!! He touched the hearts of several women while we were on this retreat as we walked a lighted path and listened to his beautiful music. From what my helpers tells me, he was prompt, professional, compassionate and accommodating to our unusual situation. I can attest to the beautiful sound of his bagpipes and would recommend him to anyone for any occasion. I hope to have another time and place to work with Piper Jonas! He gets five stars from all of us, and that's 70 Women in Total :)"
"Jonas was absolutely fantastic. So helpful during the preparation time and generally caring. He played the recessional and led my grandson and bride after their wedding ceremony. Truly a special moment for all. Thank you Jonas."
Piper Jonas is rated 5.00 based on 38 reviews