www.storing.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend www.storing.com

Tell us how www.storing.com made you happy
Do not use this company. All my goods went up in flames!! Not a penny in compensation. Find out where they are going to store your goods. When I questioned them about their fire procedures for prevention and asked for some evidence to prove that there was no suggestion of negligence on their behalf , they refused to accommodate my request. I don’t believe they had satisfactory fire deterrents in place. Was not even offered back the money I had paid for storage !! They are very happy to take your money but offer you NO appropriate advice!!
Imagine you lose all your belongings due to a fire and the storage company cannot even be bothered to inform you, sounds horrendous right? That was my case and now they don't take any responsibility, liability and 800 customers have to overcome the loss and failure of this company. Avoid them, extremely bad.
DO NOT USE. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. The Twinwoods facility run by storing.com burnt to the ground at the start of November 2019. It’s now February 2020 and not one single people of the 800+ units BURNT have received any compensation. So far, the only people that have heard back from storing.com’s insurance company have received rejection notices saying they will receive NOTHING for their loses. Storing.com have chosen Sedgwick, an extremely shady insurance company, as their choice for their customers precious valuables. They are disgusting and doing their best to give the customers nothing. I lost close to £20,000.00 worth of belongings. Goodbye furniture, goodbye my artwork, goodbye my degree work, goodbye childhood items, goodbye to my bike, goodbye to 99% of my earthly possessions. I’m not even entitled to a reimbursement for the 7 months of payments I made because during that time they did ‘store them safely’. B$%£&%. DO NOT USE!!!! To note: the units are wooden boxes stacked in a huge pile together. If a fire starts at one of their facilities, it’s pretty much impossible to stop as it spreads like MADNESS. They didn’t even have sprinklers..on top of 800 wooden boxes...absolutely SHOCKING.
WARNING: DO NOT USE STORING.COM – UNTRUSTWORTHY When my father died, I was devastated. I put his belongings into storage as I could not fit them into my tiny flat and could not face trying to work out what to sell and what I could afford to keep. I chose Storage.com as they looked like a sensible and responsible medium sized storage company. I also stored some of my musical equipment and musical composition work. I am a musician and although I have had significant successes, my income is patchy, so I found paying the additional storage charges difficult. However, I was in regular communication with Storing.com and at this stage they were helpful and understanding. I knew I had to sort out what was in storage so I borrowed the money to pay what I owed. I discussed it with Storing.com on the telephone and by email and paid the outstanding amount together with an additional fee for three additional days until I could arrange collection. Even while I was agreeing this with Storing.com and making payment, they were either in the process of or had already destroyed my belongings. Everything that was left of my mother and father, together with some valuable work in progress and musical instruments of mine were simply destroyed. Storing.com have refused to deal properly with the situation, refused to tell me who destroyed what was there and how (in case I can recover anything). After initially refusing to correspond with me they eventually very reluctantly passed me on to their insurers. They still refuse to tell me what happened to my belongings or provide any evidence of their destruction or where they were sent to. They are now not even providing necessary information to their insurance company. This has been going on since the end of July this year. In other words, they are not accepting responsibility for what is at best a heart-breaking and very expensive mistake. I will bring legal proceedings if they do not resolve the situation, and luckily, I do have good legal connections. However, if you are considering using their service, please bear this story in mind. I have suffered considerable loss both of items very dear to me and my family, my work, musical equipment and items of value.
ALL YOUR STUFF BURNT TO CRISP! Pay more go elsewhere! Re: Warehouse Fire at the Twinwoods Storage facility Agreement Number: JOB1 Our Reference: 8909 DATE OF LOSS: 01 November 2019 Thank you for your recent notification of a claim for compensation for goods which you lost in the fire which destroyed the warehouse facility operated by Storing.com. In reviewing your claim, we have had to give proper consideration to the legal and factual circumstances . As you may appreciate compensation for goods which have been lost &/or destroyed is not automatic when such a fire occurs. Compensation will be payable only where there is a legal liability for the loss. This can arise in a number of ways but where there is no legal liability there will be no obligation to pay compensation. If there is no legal liability on Storing.com to pay damages to compensate your losses then we cannot recommend that any payment be made. This formal analysis is not meant in any way to diminish or underplay the loss which you have suffered or the distress which may have been caused by this fire. However, our role is to assess whether there is a legal liability and that is what we have had to focus on. You have submitted a claim for your losses sustained as a direct result of the fire. Unfortunately, in light of the analysis, which is set out in detail in the attached letter, we believe that there are presently no grounds for Storing.com to be held liable under the terms of the contract which you entered into with them. As such we have no choice but to reject the claim which you have submitted. We will, of course give proper consideration to any comments you may have. However, based on our understanding of what happened and in particular how the fire started and spread we do not believe that there are any such grounds for negligence. We appreciate that this will leave you with no recourse against Storing.com. We do not know what other insurance arrangements you may have had in place but if the goods were possibly insured elsewhere, including by your own house/contents insurers then we would recommend that you speak with those insurers. Thank you for contacting us and whilst we appreciate that this was not the response you were hoping for, we trust that you understand the reasons why Storing.com’s insurers are not able to accept liability for your claim on this occasion.
Cheap price for self-storage and also honest pricing – no special offer prices that are then hiked up like some of the big companies. Have used Storing.com a few times over the years and always had good customer service – they don’t try and sell you more space than you need and the cost each month is fixed. I haven’t used it myself but I know other people who have used their free collection and delivery service.
www.storing.com is rated 3.00 based on 12 reviews