Tooltique Reviews

of reviewers recommend Tooltique

Tell us how Tooltique made you happy
Recently purchased two Record 130 sash clamp heads and 3no. F clamps. They arrived ahead of their estimated delivery, were very well packaged, and the condition of the 130s, I thought, was actually better than how they appeared in the photos. They were in excellent clean condition and the worm screw freshly oiled.........I didn't have to do a thing, and at a very fair price of £16 each. This was my first purchase from Tooltique, having only recently come across them. Not sure why their site hasn't been more prominent in the past when I've been searching for vintage tools, but now that I know where they are and having had a very good experience on my first purchase I will definately be back again. Tooltique clearly know their business and appear to take a lot of care with the gear they sell, which is very refreshing cos there ain't so much of it about these days. Thank you
Absolutely first class service, plane arrived with flat sole (couldn't fit any of my feelers under it) and sharp blade, shaved gossamer out of the box after adjusting the blade.
Purchased a Record plough plane and a Stanley rebate plane, and they worked out of the box. I'll be shopping here again. Highly recommended.
This is my second purchase from Tooltique, prices are very competitive, service excellent and would highly recommend them.
Tooltique are an excellent straightforward family business, and I recommend them highly to buyers and sellers alike, without reservation. Joss Ollett. March 2021.
Thank you just received my gouges excellent condition and great value for money
stanley 45 a piece of art
Ho comprato una stanley plane no 3 vintage, il prodotto è arrivato perfettamente imballato, tempi di consegna rapidi. La plane è stata perfettamente ripulita e lubrificata, persino la lama è stata affilata! Grazie
Until today I ordered several items, amongst others a nice vintage dovetail saw which is set and sharpened beautifully. Each item was very securely packed and delivery to Germany was very fast. In the future, whenever there is a vintage tool I need or want for my workshop, tooltique will be my first choice. Again many thanks for the tools and the outstanding service.
What a fantastic company - great prices, great service. So refreshing to see a company making old tools usable again. A welcome sight in these times of throwaway fashion and cheap short-term products on Amazon. It is a privilege to have access to tools that were built with care and many years of use in mind when made - and tooltique make their continued use and collection possible. Thanks tooltique, Tom in Dorset.
Stanley No5 plane received and highly satisfied with the item. Will use Tooltique again.
Bought a Stanley no80 cabinet scraper, which was offered at a very reasonable price and is in very good condition, the delivery was quick and the customer service also very good.An all round enjoyable transaction which I hope to repeat soon. Geoff Bembridge.
Because I was able to buy a Stanley no 80 cabinet scraper in excellent condition, ready to use right out the box and for a much fairer price than on Ebay. Absolutely do recommend tooltique for a honest down to earth deal. Geoff Bembridge.
Just made my first purchase with Tooltique and got a Record router plane and Stanley side rebate. I was looking for that router for months! Both items were in A+ condition and their quick service was unbelievable. I placed my orders on Friday and received the items on Monday. Wow!
As a time served furniture maker and joiner I've purchased numerous tools from tooltique. Everyone has been absolutely spot on. You cannot purchase the same quality as some of the tools I've purchased compared to brand new. Disston Philadelphia, Marples shamrock to give a few examples. Perhaps unless you're willing to part with a substantial amount of money. These tools are quality and built to last. The skill and attention to detail by the team at tooltique is reflected in the final product. You will not be disappointed, highly recommend.
Purchased a jointer plane from Tooltique several months ago. The condition was great, it was perfectly set up and is a pleasure to use. Much better value than buying a second hand one and trying to sort it out myself!!
So very pleased with the two tools I've bought so far from the nice folks at Tooltique: a Stanley 151R spokeshave and an authentic Eclipse honing guide. Both arrived pristine and ready to use. Even the spokeshave blade was sharp enough to start with, although I'll give it the royal treatment myself. Besides the high quality of refurbishing, the other two highlights of this outfit are the prices and the outstanding and personalized customer service. We're not accustomed west of the Atlantic anymore to this combination of benefits. You might wait a few days longer than if the gargantuan Web Vendor Of All Things dropped it on your doorstep by drone (one was speedy and the other was held up over US Thanksgiving through no fault of Tooltique), but it's well worth it for these lovely vintage tools. I'll be back.
I’ve now purchased a number of tools from Tooltique and have been more than satisfied with each one. The Tooltique team do a fantastic job of undertaking any work required to get the tool to perform as good as if not better than the majority of any new, upmarket hand tools, whilst importantly retaining years of patina. Anyone who’s refurbed an old tool will appreciate how much effort goes into the process. So if you’re looking for a tool with years of character, or wishing to pass on a cherished tool to a new generation of woodworkers, then please support & use Tooltique. Their service is truly exemplary! Thank you so much Steve, Joanne and the team for what you do.
Great service from Steve and Joanne. Really helpful and friendly.
I've made several purchases from tooltique, and every one has been flawless. Stanley plane, an old square, Faithfull brace and a set of auger bits. Everything is exactly as described.
Tooltique is rated 5.00 based on 26 reviews