“Having seen these reviews, I think it is only fair I leave a comment as I have had some work done by this company and after doing a thorough assessment of my home, I've had loft insulation installed completely free of charge and I am currently waiting for someone to come along and assess my boiler which I have now secured funding for through this company.
Great workmanship and competitive prices.
Overall very pleased.”
“This company cold called my husband yesterday. It seems that they are a company selling double glazing etc., and they call people offering to do an energy assessment, when what they are really doing is trying to sell their products. Fortunately I have managed to cancel the appointment that they made for today at my home. Beware!”
“This company cold-called my husband yesterday. It seems that they are a company selling double glazing etc., and they call people offering to do an energy assessment, when what they are really doing is trying to sell their products. Fortunately I have managed to cancel the appointment that they made for today at my home. Beware!”
“Beware of www.ukenergyassessment.co.uk. This is not a legitimate company.
This company cold called my parents in law, offering free grants for windows, boilers etc. They visited, offering to replace 5 windows (glass only) with energy saving glass, that allegedly saved 70% of your heating bill (Windows account for 20-30% of heating loss, so this would be difficult.)
My parents in law paid £852 deposit by cheque, which has now cleared. The original cost quoted was £6,000, which when they declined, then immediately dropped to £3,000.
The company say they are 30 years old, and the UK's leading energy specialist, but
- They have no presence anywhere online except their website, no reviews, no mentions anywhere.
- No social media presence at all
- No company information on their website, (Illegal)and no results on companies house
- Website was registered in June, anonymously
- - Their registered office address is almost certainly a virtual address in Staines
- - When you call the phone number, Google tells me it's the number for Maida Vale Local Clean, a cleaning service in London. It's also a different area code than the virtual address.
- The links to grants they show aren't for consumers, but businesses, and seem designed to mislead
- The grants they claim to get, require a paid audit and a certificate - they have done neither of these, and so are not a legitimate part of this scheme.
In short the company doesn't seem to exist.
Unsurprisingly, they have put off returning, and I suspect never will. I will correct this review if they do.
Adding this to give others opportunity for easier due diligence.”