Zopa Reviews

3 Rating 4 Reviews
of reviewers recommend Zopa
Read Zopa Reviews

About Zopa:

Zopa is a lending and borrowing exchange where everybody wins, except the fat cats. Borrowers get lower rate loans from lenders who make a much better return than the base rate on their savings.

Zopa Ltd.
2nd Floor
40 44 Newman Street

Tell us how Zopa made you happy
Zopa 1 star review on 29th May 2020
Michael
My late mother passed away last Sept and at that time her investment account was frozen. As an executor of her will I had to provide grant of probate and other ID and a nominated bank account for my mothers funds to go to. All wee sent mid Mar 2022. In short nothing happened. after several weeks I started ringing to find out what the problem was. Just ringing is a painfully slow experience. Each time I rang I was assured the "operations team" would sort things and get back to me within 48hrs. What a joke...... I rang 4 times over a 6 week period and went through the same BS.... Eventually I asked to speak to a supervisor and was tole they were in a meeting but would call the following morning. Did they ring ? Of course they did not. I was an early investor with zopa on their peer to peer platform and always had good service but this new iteration of zopa is a joke. Eventually my mothers funds were released but the last thing you need when dealing with a deceased estate is incompetence from the very people that are duty bound to help you. Would I recommend zopa ? Absolutely not.......
So, the service seems good on the surface. Fast responsive website and what seems like brilliant customer service. Remember, all that's on the surface. Now to the "Real Zona". I took out a loan of £16000. Called them to ask a few questions, checked out the monthly payment for affordability and also looked at the total payable. API was quoted as 22.9% resulting to almost £10k in interest payments over 60 months. All good so far as I had all the information I needed right there in front of me and as I had been informed I could settle early (which was the plan) without being penalised, the total payable didn't bother me as it would be reduced by an early settlement. I was wrong. All my dash boards showed £16000. Turns out Zona charged me an arrangement fee of £2,300 (14%+) but hid it in the "Loan Conditions" which you either have to click as a link to view whilst applying or, navigate to when your a customer. Sleazy act buttressed by the point that it should be boldly displayed on your account dashboard and loan information if it wasn't meant to be a dubious charge. Time to pay off the loan and I'm told a out the £2,300 charge (they politely told me where to find it). Sadly, you ha 've to complain to Zona first before you can escalate your complaint to the regulators. I complained to them and they then acted like they're actually investigating for 10 days but end up sending a letter with the conclusion I was expecting anyway - the fee was stated in your terms and conditions and you should've read it. Very shifty dealings if you ask me and I'll be going to the ombudsman about this. I probably won't get the fee waived !UT I'll join a list of growing complaints with the ombudsman and if the list gets long enough they'll be forced to deal with Zona accordingly. Stay clear of them unless you've been told about this hidden fee (okay, may be not hidden but placed in a document you'll never read after confirming monthly payment and APR etc) and you're happy with it.
Zopa 1 star review on 29th May 2020
all in all so far , good services
Fast reliable loan provider would highly recommend anyone who wants a loan for any reason.Thank you zopa.
Zopa is rated 3.00 based on 4 reviews