Composite Deck Cleaner Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Composite Deck Cleaner

About Composite Deck Cleaner: DISCATISFIED CORTE*CLEAN® CUSTOMERS (anything less than a 5 Star Review)!

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A NEGATIVE REVIEW!!!

Please immediately contact Corte LLC if you are not satisfied with our proven product, which has existed for over a decade, with so many positive reviews & re-peat customers. We are a small, 1 product, family run, American made business. We will do our best to help you, as we are EXPERTS in composites and keeping them clean.

We wish to help! (415) 924-9500 X 1
Please leave a message if we fail to answer the phone.
We will call you back ASAP!

We want to make sure you not only get your composites THOROUGHLY CLEAN, we want to make sure you understand how to generally SPEND LESS TIME & MONEY, in the future, keeping the composites clean.

Corte*Clean® is the most recommended solution for deep cleaning Composite Deck, Dock & Fence of all common stains, NOT JUST MOLD. Say goodbye to mold and mildew stains, black spots, grease, oil, rust and more.

(415) 924-9502

info@compositedeckcleaner.com

911 Francisco Boulevard East Unit B

How would you rate Composite Deck Cleaner ?

D. S
"My husband and I used the Corte Clean Composite Clearner this weekend on our lake home deck. This product worked. It removed deep stains and brought out the deck's beauty. You must keep the product wet and let it sit for about 20 minutes. I wish I could show all the pictures especially the before and after but I could load only one."
Guest
"I have a trex deck in a new construction home with 2 dogs. The grass just got installed last year along with the deck. This year the deck was so muddy and dirty I thought it would never look like it did last year. I followed the instructions exactly as it was stated and the deck looks brand new. I cannot believe the difference. I did have to rinse it very well to get all of the white residue off. I wish I took a before picture. The results are amazing. I will continue to use the product year after year."
"I8 Year Old TimberTech mold infested deck had never been cleaned! Corte Clean worked like a charm. See the before and after pictures."
"I just finished doing my spring cleaning of my Timber-Tech composite deck which is 12 years old. I've been using Corte Clean for years with exceptional results. I must say, however, that the new Corte Clean I ordered this year has improved. I can see that is appears to foam up and does not dry out as fast. I don't think it is just my conditions this year as nothing has changed. I LOVE the way it worked this year!! Thank You!!! Definitely on my "recommended" list!"
Thank you for pointing out the improvements we have made to Corte Clean! Like most companies, we are constantly striving to improve our product. No doubt, Corte Clean is better at cleaning, and more importantly keeping composites clean, generally at a much lower cost, with less time and effort, for longer periods of time, than it was a few years ago.
"Struggled to keep my TimberTech deck clean until someone told me about Corte-Clean. Since I started using the product my deck was brought back and continues to look like new. Have been a satisfied Corte-Clean customer for many years. Quite simply, IT WORKS!"
Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW! Now that the underlying tannin problem from the wood fibers, that your TimberTech is partially made, and can feed molds, has been Corte Cleaned, and the tannin bleeding problem has been eliminated, the goal is to make sure you are spending the least amount of time & money keeping your composite deck clean, of all common stains, not just those caused by molds. Proactively using Corte Clean, “at least twice yearly, spring & fall, or when stains appear” at the “routine cleaning” strength of “up to 2.5 scoops” per “1 gallon of water”, preferably before the composites receive moisture and mold spores hatch and/or deeply root, or other stains deeply saturate, is the key to generally spending less time and money keeping your composite deck clean. Mix up the Corte Clean, spray it on your “thoroughly dry” composites, “When Corte Clean no longer turns dirty or discolored, it can be diluted & allowed to dry on weathered composite surfaces. Corte Clean is designed to continue to clean any time it receives moisture. A white residue may remain until thoroughly rinsed (use a brush if necessary).” The best way to “Thoroughly rinse composite prior to using.” is to allow the natural moisture from rain or snow to thoroughly rinse. Proactively using Corte Clean, and removing mold spores (seeds) before they hatch and root into composites or other stains are allowed to deeply saturate is the key to generally spending much less time and money keeping composites clean of all common stains. Initially the more proactively composites are Corte Cleaned, (EXAMPLE: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring) the better, if one chooses for composites to ultimately stay clean for longer periods of time, while generally removing the most stubborn saturated stains. The trick then is becoming, how little Corte Clean can one use, per gallon of water (“up to”), and how frequently or preferable infrequently does it need to be proactively applied to keep composites clean. If you notice mold stains returning, or notice other stains, you are waiting too long to proactively apply! Those that proactively use Corte Clean, as it was designed and intended, once the underlying wood tannin issue and or dirty recycled plastic has been cleaned, generally spend the least amount of time & money keeping composites clean and notice the composites staying clean for longer and longer periods of time, sometimes even for years! This has been proven for over a decade.
"Cleans easily and restores color."
Unfortunately, Corte Clean generally only temporarily restores the color of some previously “weathered” composites, especially those that have been previously chlorine bleached with as sodium hypochlorite-based product, as these products generally bleach composites beyond what composite manufacturers disclose, as you have likely unfortunately experienced. Generally, the sun will again weather or dull the composites color over time once Corte Cleaned, where sodium hypochlorite has been previously used. Excessive color fade by sodium hypochlorite-based products is the 2nd biggest complaint in the composite decking industry, right after cleaning issues. Why composite manufacturers and retailers have recommended and or sold products containing sodium hypochlorite for mold remediation, that are scientifically unproven for this purpose, can excessively bleach the color of composites and are corrosive to structural metal decking hardware is any persons guess, as corrosion caused by sodium hypochlorite is a potential ticking time bomb in the decking industry! There is a potentially deadly serious reason the largest structural metal decking manufacturers have disclosed the “corrosion risks” of “cleaning chemicals” such as those that contain sodium hypochlorite!
"I love this cleaner. As we all know when you spend money on a composite deck that want to use a product that cleans well and protects your investment. This is the only cleaner that I use. It does a great job with all stains, sap, and mildew that covers my deck. When I am finished, it looks brand new,even though it is Nine years old!!! Don’t use anything else. This is the best. Also, it’s great to support a small business with such a nice owner."
Yes, you do want to choose a cleaner that “protects your investment”! Unlike scientifically unproven chlorine bleach or other sodium hypochlorite-based deck cleaning products for cleaning mold, Corte Clean is non-corrosive to structural metal decking hardware. There is potentially a deadly serious reason why the two largest decking hardware manufacturers have disclosed the “corrosion risks” of “cleaning chemicals”! We all know what happens when these items are corroded, under load from people, and fail. Nothing could be more expensive, especially if you are the unlucky person(s) injured or worse!
"Corte Clean did a fantastic job of cleaning our 1,215 square foot Trex composite deck of barbecue mess and green moss under the plants here in Pleasanton California."
"I have ChoiceDek, 11 y/0, lots of trees around, had only used power washer once or twice. Just didn’t know! So, I found a surface cleaner! Worked nicely, didn’t see to hurt anything, till it dried out, then I could still see black mold, CorteClean got that! Now I’m looking for a touch of color to add back!"
Thank you for the review! Unfortunately, the “surface cleaner” you likely used, prior to using Corte Clean, likely contained “sodium hypochlorite”, commonly known as chlorine bleach? Unfortunately, the manufacturer of ChoiceDek, A.E.R.T., commonly recommends some specific products containing this biocide and retailers such as Lowe’s sells them even though these products have a number of problems, two of which you have noted in your review. The first being that “sodium hypochlorite” isn’t scientifically proven for the purpose of mold remediation, or cleaning and keeping clean of mold. The second being that sodium hypochlorite generally bleaches composites beyond what manufacturers have disclosed under “weathering” in their literature, especially when used in direct sunlight, undiluted, as you have likely unfortunately experienced! While rapidly returning mold has lead to many upset composite deck owners that have followed sodium hypochlorite recommendations, color fade beyond what manufacturers have, disclosed caused by sodium hypochlorite cleaning recommendations is the 2nd biggest complaint in the composite decking industry. While there are products sold to re-color composites, they generally are a waste of time and money, as they don’t last, look ugly when they begin to weather off and generally require another laborious expensive product to remove. For this reason, in addition that they can exacerbate mold problems, by sealing in the fungus, we don’t recommend and have chosen not to sell products designed to restore the color of composites. The # 3 biggest complaint of those that use sodium hypochlorite to clean mold is the irreversible corrosion and stains that result. There is a deadly serious reason why the two largest manufacturers of structural metal decking hardware have disclosed the “corrosion risks” of “cleaning chemicals”! #4 is the cost & labor of using multiple cleaning chemicals, to clean specific stains. #5 is the dangers of using multiple cleaning chemicals to clean porous composites, which often get unknowingly mixed and off-gas toxic fumes, as they are at opposite ends of the pH scale! #6 the environmental impact of using multiple cleaning chemicals and color restorers. We have been telling composite manufacturers and retailers the many problems of recommending multiple cleaning chemicals to clean specific stains, especially those that contain sodium hypochlorite for cleaning mold, for well over a decade, yet they have chosen to continue to ignore even though it has caused so many upset customers? Perhaps they will listen to customers like you? Please consider upgrading your review to 5 stars, as the color fade is an issue of ChoiceDek/AERT. Not Corte Clean. For proof, please see the review below yours, written before yours, from “Paul V” which states “Corte Clean actually restored my deck to the darker color it was originally”, as he owns “Ultra Deck composite from Menards”.
"Ordered my Corte Clean last fall and finally got around to cleaning my deck. I have Ultra Deck composite from Menards. I've tried other products that just bleached the surface and didn't get rid of the black mold or green algae build up. Corte Clean actually restored my deck to the darker color it was originally."
"Requires minimal effort to get mold/mildow buildup off the composite deck."
"I’m not a review writer but I was so impressed with Corte clean I had to say something. Deck is 13 years old and I probably cleaned it once maybe eight years ago. It was a mess, you name it, black mold/mildew spots, lichen, moss, you name it. Light gray correct deck. As I filled the sprayer the dogs had to go out, when I came back, the sprayer nozzle was spraying a spot (trigger was locked on accidental) about 4ft in diameter for the couple minutes I was gone. The deck looked brand new! I was amazed. I continued to clean the remainder of the deck and highly recommend Corte clean. I ordered another bag to clean another deck. I’m going to follow the recommended cleaning intervals going forward."
"I have Moisture Shield composite decking, I installed it about 7 years ago. I have had a mold and mildew problem and tried several suggested cleaners from the Moisture Shield website with absolutely no success. I ran accross Corte Clean on the internet so I called customer service and asked questions, I found them to be very helpful and they went out of their to ensure I understood their product. I then ordered Corte Clean, when it arrived I followed the directions for use exactly as described, I even watched their video. This product is absolutely amazing!! It removed all mold, mildew, grease, and stains. It looks like new!! I shared this with my friend who also has Moisture Shield he got the same results. After this experience I will only use Corte Clean. It is really refreshing to get a product that does what it claims."
"Our Trex deck is along the coast in NJ. It's around 10 years old. I use hurricane Sandy as a benchmark. It turns green with mold. Corte Clean makes it look new, when my son cleans it. We use to buy Corte Clean at Lowe's, but now buy direct. Great product!"
"Got most of the black spots off of deck. Cleaned well."
Thank you for the review. If Corte Clean didn’t get ALL of the black spots out of you’re your composite deck, you aren’t done Corte Cleaning it. This is why the Corte Clean label directions state “Water magnifies stains. If stains are still visible, repeat application process. Composites that have tough stains, been neglected or previously cleaned with other products and/or sealed may require several applications and more Corte Clean.” Hopefully you followed the final Corte Clean label direction which states “When Corte Clean no longer becomes dirty or discolored, it can be diluted & allowed to dry on weathered composite surfaces. Corte Clean is designed to continue to clean any time it receives moisture. A white residue may remain until thoroughly rinsed (use a brush if necessary). Thoroughly rinse composite prior to using.” Generally, when this is done, prior to the composites receiving moisture from rain, and allowed to be thoroughly naturally rinsed, any remaining stains, such as black mold spots come out and reviews are upgraded to 5 stars. Not thoroughly Corte Cleaning the black mold stains, generally results in them coming back when they receive moisture and is a waste of time & money. The best analogy is pulling weeds, not getting the roots and watering. This generally exacerbates the problem. We highly suggest you complete the job until your composites are thoroughly Corte Cleaned, otherwise, you have likely wasted your time and money. Additionally, if the black spots have been blocking the sun from evenly bleaching, fading or what most manufacturers refer to as weathering, the sun will need to even out the color of the composites. Weathering and issues related to weathering are extensively covered on the Corte Clean website with a picture of mold weathering. Please carefully review www.corteclean.com and call us if you have any further questions.
"Haven't had a chance to use this order. Busy!!! But I will soon hopefully. This cleaner is the first I have used and really like it. Much easier to use if you do it regularly"
"Corte Clean made easy work of cleaning my composite deck"
"We tried another brand that is available at home improvement stores and it did not work at all. We used Corte-Clean and with almost no scrubbing it cleaned the deck. Amazing."
"I've been using your product a couple of times in the past on my Trex deck and it is without any doubts THE BEST !"
"I have a TimberTech deck in PA facing west. It is installed perfectly, facing west, so it took about 6 years for it to get mold. I tried other products and scrubbed my ass off. They never really worked and the mold rapidly returned. I then discovered Corte Clean at Lowe’s. This product works like stated. I have been using it for years and now buy it direct, from its website, and just again purchased. It sure is nice to get what you pay for and the deck stays clean for longer. I wish my buddy who had been using Corte Clean would have told me about it, instead of waiting for me to discover it!"
"I have three large Trex decks that were a nightmare for mold right from the start. Trex customer service would not help at all. I initially tried bleach based Olympic Deck cleaner which lightened my new deck and didn't last long. I found Corte Clean on- line about 8 years ago and followed the directions to success! It is an awesome product that really works and makes my huge investment in composite decking worthwhile. Also the customer service is top notch as they will help you with any deck cleaning problem you are having."
"My large, multi-level deck is 11 years old, and I have used Corte Clean for many years because it was recommended by Timber tech. It has kept our deck looking like new. I tried a liquid product last year because the store said it was easier to use- the deck looked clean for only 3-4 weeks. I am now using Corte Clean proactively twice a year, which is quite easy, and the deck stays free of stains year around. This method was suggested by the Corte Clean staff- great customer service!"
Composite Deck Cleaner is rated 4.75 based on 381 reviews