Composite Deck Cleaner Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Composite Deck Cleaner

About Composite Deck Cleaner: DISCATISFIED CORTE*CLEAN® CUSTOMERS (anything less than a 5 Star Review)!

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A NEGATIVE REVIEW!!!

Please immediately contact Corte LLC if you are not satisfied with our proven product, which has existed for over a decade, with so many positive reviews & re-peat customers. We are a small, 1 product, family run, American made business. We will do our best to help you, as we are EXPERTS in composites and keeping them clean.

We wish to help! (415) 924-9500 X 1
Please leave a message if we fail to answer the phone.
We will call you back ASAP!

We want to make sure you not only get your composites THOROUGHLY CLEAN, we want to make sure you understand how to generally SPEND LESS TIME & MONEY, in the future, keeping the composites clean.

Corte*Clean® is the most recommended solution for deep cleaning Composite Deck, Dock & Fence of all common stains, NOT JUST MOLD. Say goodbye to mold and mildew stains, black spots, grease, oil, rust and more.

(415) 924-9502

info@compositedeckcleaner.com

911 Francisco Boulevard East Unit B

How would you rate Composite Deck Cleaner ?

D. S
"My husband and I used the Corte Clean Composite Clearner this weekend on our lake home deck. This product worked. It removed deep stains and brought out the deck's beauty. You must keep the product wet and let it sit for about 20 minutes. I wish I could show all the pictures especially the before and after but I could load only one."
Guest
"I have a trex deck in a new construction home with 2 dogs. The grass just got installed last year along with the deck. This year the deck was so muddy and dirty I thought it would never look like it did last year. I followed the instructions exactly as it was stated and the deck looks brand new. I cannot believe the difference. I did have to rinse it very well to get all of the white residue off. I wish I took a before picture. The results are amazing. I will continue to use the product year after year."
"I8 Year Old TimberTech mold infested deck had never been cleaned! Corte Clean worked like a charm. See the before and after pictures."
"I have a light colored deck composite deck and it gets dirty fairly quickly. I use Corte Clean twice a year and it keeps my deck looking new. I really like this product and would recommend it to anyone who owns a composite deck."
"I have an 8 to 10 year old Trex deck that gets green with mold in NY! I found out about Corte Clean from the Trex Company and have been using it for years to keep our two toned decking clean. I used to purchase it from Lowe's. They no longer carry it, so I have been purchasing it directly. My only complaint is that the Trex has not heald its origional color."
"It got sap stains out that other cleaners could not"
"Awesome stuff! Gets rid of mildew, dirt & grime from our composite decking!"
"I had my Trex decking and railing installed in 2002 here in northern Wisconsin which is 16 X 38 feet. I didn’t clean it for years. The railing and decking started getting black mold spots and then turning green, especially on the outer edges! You could really see the problem when the Trex was wet. 5 years ago, I purchased Corte Clean and used it. The deck looks like new and has remained looking like new. I proactively use it especially in the fall, before winter and spring and it doesn’t take near the time it initially took to get the deck clean to keep it clean. The deck stays clean and I am using much less Corte Clean to keep the deck clean. This product does a wonderful job."
"I'm in VA with a large Trex deck (approx 1200 sq ft) that is 8+ years old. Early on I cleaned the deck several times with Corde Clean and everything was fine. Then I got lazy and several years were skipped and soon it was at least 5 yrs since it was cleaned. There were quite a few large dark stains, mold, etc because of the Virginia weather and Dogwood trees that overhang the deck. This year I got some help and a fresh supply of CC and the mixed it strong. With some scrubbing, but only one application - the deck was restored to a nearly new condition. I'm back on track to do the twice a year cleaning and keep it looking good with little effort."
"We installed our TimberTech deck in 2008. It started getting leopard spots this past year, as we had an unusual amount of rain this past spring. Some areas were turning solid black with mold! We tried ammonia and hot water, Tide and Windex glass and patio with no success. We then tried Corte Clean. It was turning green when we applied it and the leopard spots just disappeared. I even recommended it to our friends that have the same decking, installed the same time, with the same problem. This product works really well here in Minnesota! I will be using it later this fall and again to keep my deck clean."
"Had only cleaned deck once in 15 years so it was pretty bad. It cleaned up pretty good with corte clean with one cleaning but I still thought it could have been cleaner so I did the deck on the flooring again because the rails looked really good, It came out very nice. When my ex-wife makes a comment on how nice the deck looks that is a real complement."
LOL! CLASSIC. Perhaps Corte Clean could have saved a marriage?
"Love this cleaner!! Don’t use anything else. Support a small business"
If only every composite deck owner chose our small proven 1 product business, which has existed for over a decade, for cleaning all common stains from composites, rather than the multinational globalist chemical conglomerates, pushing scientifically un-proven, corrosive to structural metal sodium hypochlorite-based biocide products, such as chlorine bleach, for remediating molds, against OSHA recommendations, while unscrupulous manufacturers and retailers propel what is commonly known as the chlorine bleach scam, to the uneducated and/or naive owner, to prey on their misinformed beliefs, in the pursuit of guaranteed repeat high margin profits, while ignoring the safety concerns of corrosive cleaning chemicals, by structural metal decking hardware manufacturers, and choosing to recommend multiple expensive laborious, generally non-compatible cleaning chemicals, to clean specific stains, which are generally at the opposite ends of the pH scale, to routinely clean porous materials and likely will release toxic gas, without any regard to the risks of using these chemicals, one after the other, while ignoring these products label directions warnings and disclosures.
"Clean an old,never cleaned Trex deck when done it looked brand new, fantastic product. We do it again in the spring. Great product and fantastic instructions, thank you."
Once the cleaning issues have been initially Corte Cleaned from Trex decking, it is best to proactively Corte Clean “at least twice yearly, spring & fall, or when stains appear” at the “routine cleaning” reduced Corte Clean strength, using up to 1/2 the Corte Clean, should Trex owners wish to generally spend up to 1/2 the money and generally 2/3rds less time keeping Trex decking clean. The first year or two, it is best to proactively apply Corte Clean more often. Example: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. This ensures Trex remains thoroughly clean and will stay clean for the maximum period of time, of all common stains, not just those caused by molds.
"I've been using Corte Clean for five years and very pleased with it. With the Trex and Georgia's weather, the mold stains get very bad. I've used a lot of the other composite deck cleaners with bad results. At best they appeared to clean in the beginning but the stains return in a short period of time. I've found following your instructions produced the best results and noticed by doing a regular cleaning program it made the job easier and kept me ahead of the mold. THANKS - R.S. - Jonesboro Ga."
The "other composite deck cleaners" you likely used for cleaning "mold" likely contained "sodium hypochlorite" at the recommendation of the Trex Company? There’s good reason products containing this biocide "appeared to clean in the beginning but the stains return in a short period of time". This is because sodium hypochlorite isn't scientifically proven effective for mold remediation or cleaning & keeping clean the "wood" of which most composite decks are partially made, including Trex. There is good scientific reaso OSHA doesn't recommend chlorine bleach (or any sodium hypochlorite-based biocide product) for cleaning mold. Rapidly returning pesky mold has been frustrating for Trex owners due to this fact. The current ticking time bomb in the composite decking industry is for those companies and composite owners that ignore the "corrosion risks" of "cleaning chemicals", such as those that contain "sodium hypochlorite", as disclosed by structural metal decking hardware manufacturers! If you have used "sodium hypochlorite" in an attempt to clean "mold", it is highly recommended you get your deck professionally inspected to make sure it is safe! Decking hardware generally fails when corroded and under load from people. Nothing could be worse than any person injured or killed due to negligent corrosive cleaning chemical recommendations.
"I just finished doing my spring cleaning of my Timber-Tech composite deck which is 12 years old. I've been using Corte Clean for years with exceptional results. I must say, however, that the new Corte Clean I ordered this year has improved. I can see that is appears to foam up and does not dry out as fast. I don't think it is just my conditions this year as nothing has changed. I LOVE the way it worked this year!! Thank You!!! Definitely on my "recommended" list!"
Thank you for pointing out the improvements we have made to Corte Clean! Like most companies, we are constantly striving to improve our product. No doubt, Corte Clean is better at cleaning, and more importantly keeping composites clean, generally at a much lower cost, with less time and effort, for longer periods of time, than it was a few years ago.
"Struggled to keep my TimberTech deck clean until someone told me about Corte-Clean. Since I started using the product my deck was brought back and continues to look like new. Have been a satisfied Corte-Clean customer for many years. Quite simply, IT WORKS!"
Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW! Now that the underlying tannin problem from the wood fibers, that your TimberTech is partially made, and can feed molds, has been Corte Cleaned, and the tannin bleeding problem has been eliminated, the goal is to make sure you are spending the least amount of time & money keeping your composite deck clean, of all common stains, not just those caused by molds. Proactively using Corte Clean, “at least twice yearly, spring & fall, or when stains appear” at the “routine cleaning” strength of “up to 2.5 scoops” per “1 gallon of water”, preferably before the composites receive moisture and mold spores hatch and/or deeply root, or other stains deeply saturate, is the key to generally spending less time and money keeping your composite deck clean. Mix up the Corte Clean, spray it on your “thoroughly dry” composites, “When Corte Clean no longer turns dirty or discolored, it can be diluted & allowed to dry on weathered composite surfaces. Corte Clean is designed to continue to clean any time it receives moisture. A white residue may remain until thoroughly rinsed (use a brush if necessary).” The best way to “Thoroughly rinse composite prior to using.” is to allow the natural moisture from rain or snow to thoroughly rinse. Proactively using Corte Clean, and removing mold spores (seeds) before they hatch and root into composites or other stains are allowed to deeply saturate is the key to generally spending much less time and money keeping composites clean of all common stains. Initially the more proactively composites are Corte Cleaned, (EXAMPLE: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring) the better, if one chooses for composites to ultimately stay clean for longer periods of time, while generally removing the most stubborn saturated stains. The trick then is becoming, how little Corte Clean can one use, per gallon of water (“up to”), and how frequently or preferable infrequently does it need to be proactively applied to keep composites clean. If you notice mold stains returning, or notice other stains, you are waiting too long to proactively apply! Those that proactively use Corte Clean, as it was designed and intended, once the underlying wood tannin issue and or dirty recycled plastic has been cleaned, generally spend the least amount of time & money keeping composites clean and notice the composites staying clean for longer and longer periods of time, sometimes even for years! This has been proven for over a decade.
"Cleans easily and restores color."
Unfortunately, Corte Clean generally only temporarily restores the color of some previously “weathered” composites, especially those that have been previously chlorine bleached with as sodium hypochlorite-based product, as these products generally bleach composites beyond what composite manufacturers disclose, as you have likely unfortunately experienced. Generally, the sun will again weather or dull the composites color over time once Corte Cleaned, where sodium hypochlorite has been previously used. Excessive color fade by sodium hypochlorite-based products is the 2nd biggest complaint in the composite decking industry, right after cleaning issues. Why composite manufacturers and retailers have recommended and or sold products containing sodium hypochlorite for mold remediation, that are scientifically unproven for this purpose, can excessively bleach the color of composites and are corrosive to structural metal decking hardware is any persons guess, as corrosion caused by sodium hypochlorite is a potential ticking time bomb in the decking industry! There is a potentially deadly serious reason the largest structural metal decking manufacturers have disclosed the “corrosion risks” of “cleaning chemicals” such as those that contain sodium hypochlorite!
"I love this cleaner. As we all know when you spend money on a composite deck that want to use a product that cleans well and protects your investment. This is the only cleaner that I use. It does a great job with all stains, sap, and mildew that covers my deck. When I am finished, it looks brand new,even though it is Nine years old!!! Don’t use anything else. This is the best. Also, it’s great to support a small business with such a nice owner."
Yes, you do want to choose a cleaner that “protects your investment”! Unlike scientifically unproven chlorine bleach or other sodium hypochlorite-based deck cleaning products for cleaning mold, Corte Clean is non-corrosive to structural metal decking hardware. There is potentially a deadly serious reason why the two largest decking hardware manufacturers have disclosed the “corrosion risks” of “cleaning chemicals”! We all know what happens when these items are corroded, under load from people, and fail. Nothing could be more expensive, especially if you are the unlucky person(s) injured or worse!
"Corte Clean did a fantastic job of cleaning our 1,215 square foot Trex composite deck of barbecue mess and green moss under the plants here in Pleasanton California."
"I have ChoiceDek, 11 y/0, lots of trees around, had only used power washer once or twice. Just didn’t know! So, I found a surface cleaner! Worked nicely, didn’t see to hurt anything, till it dried out, then I could still see black mold, CorteClean got that! Now I’m looking for a touch of color to add back!"
Thank you for the review! Unfortunately, the “surface cleaner” you likely used, prior to using Corte Clean, likely contained “sodium hypochlorite”, commonly known as chlorine bleach? Unfortunately, the manufacturer of ChoiceDek, A.E.R.T., commonly recommends some specific products containing this biocide and retailers such as Lowe’s sells them even though these products have a number of problems, two of which you have noted in your review. The first being that “sodium hypochlorite” isn’t scientifically proven for the purpose of mold remediation, or cleaning and keeping clean of mold. The second being that sodium hypochlorite generally bleaches composites beyond what manufacturers have disclosed under “weathering” in their literature, especially when used in direct sunlight, undiluted, as you have likely unfortunately experienced! While rapidly returning mold has lead to many upset composite deck owners that have followed sodium hypochlorite recommendations, color fade beyond what manufacturers have, disclosed caused by sodium hypochlorite cleaning recommendations is the 2nd biggest complaint in the composite decking industry. While there are products sold to re-color composites, they generally are a waste of time and money, as they don’t last, look ugly when they begin to weather off and generally require another laborious expensive product to remove. For this reason, in addition that they can exacerbate mold problems, by sealing in the fungus, we don’t recommend and have chosen not to sell products designed to restore the color of composites. The # 3 biggest complaint of those that use sodium hypochlorite to clean mold is the irreversible corrosion and stains that result. There is a deadly serious reason why the two largest manufacturers of structural metal decking hardware have disclosed the “corrosion risks” of “cleaning chemicals”! #4 is the cost & labor of using multiple cleaning chemicals, to clean specific stains. #5 is the dangers of using multiple cleaning chemicals to clean porous composites, which often get unknowingly mixed and off-gas toxic fumes, as they are at opposite ends of the pH scale! #6 the environmental impact of using multiple cleaning chemicals and color restorers. We have been telling composite manufacturers and retailers the many problems of recommending multiple cleaning chemicals to clean specific stains, especially those that contain sodium hypochlorite for cleaning mold, for well over a decade, yet they have chosen to continue to ignore even though it has caused so many upset customers? Perhaps they will listen to customers like you? Please consider upgrading your review to 5 stars, as the color fade is an issue of ChoiceDek/AERT. Not Corte Clean. For proof, please see the review below yours, written before yours, from “Paul V” which states “Corte Clean actually restored my deck to the darker color it was originally”, as he owns “Ultra Deck composite from Menards”.
"Ordered my Corte Clean last fall and finally got around to cleaning my deck. I have Ultra Deck composite from Menards. I've tried other products that just bleached the surface and didn't get rid of the black mold or green algae build up. Corte Clean actually restored my deck to the darker color it was originally."
"Requires minimal effort to get mold/mildow buildup off the composite deck."
Composite Deck Cleaner is rated 4.76 based on 392 reviews