ecuexpress.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend ecuexpress.co.uk

Tell us how ecuexpress.co.uk made you happy
Bought a computer box from ecu express for R7000 which wasn't working at all. This guy's can lie, and they will never refund you at all. Run from this company they are very bad with poor service.
So this is my experience of ECU Express. I first entered a search for ecu repair in my local city. They appeared and their website looked very professional, a clever use of search keywords as there is no ecu express in my city. I messaged them and got a text reply with the service they offered. I telephoned them and the gentleman said I needed to get it to him before Tuesday as he is going abroad on Holiday for two weeks. I sent it immediately and it arrived the Friday before. Payment of £60 was requested, I paid immediately. I got a call on the Monday saying that my ecu was not repairable and he suggested I buy another one to clone. I decided to look into that. So it soon became apparent that these are upwards of £200 with no assurance that they are in good order, then there would be further unknown costs to clone. It was all too risky for me. I decided to wait till after he returned from holiday and have him return my ecu. I texted him asking him to contact me when he is next available. He returned from Holiday on the 5th Oct. I waited till the 16th Oct as I thought he would have to quarantine returning from this country. I then rang asking him to return the ECU. It then took a further 5 calls and 3 texts to finally get the man to return my ECU, I received it on the 28th Oct.
My assessment of events is that;
I received no test report.
I received no invoice
I have no way of knowing if the ecu was ever tested or even opened up.
I feel a service should be offered where they source and supply a unit to clone and quote for that accordingly, not to put the responsibility on the customer.
He told me he doesn't do the testing but he has to pay another firm to do the testing.
I hope this helps you make a decision before sending your money into this gentleman's holiday fund.
Wish I’d have researched this company before spending £60 . I feel he takes your money easily to tell you it can’t be repaired.
I don’t think it is a professional outfit , collecting my part no written report came explaining in writing what the issues are .
Will not be using this again .
Have found reviews else where that also are not good .
excellent fast service very happy
Waste of £60, don’t try it.
WARNING! I had a very similar negative experience to that of others. Contacted them by phone, explained that there is no connection to engine ECU. I asked if I needed a donor ECU to clone it. They replied with a quote £60 to test and £90 extra to repair. Sent ECU and they charged me £60 straight away. In 3 days they finally started to test my ECU. In 10 mins they came back to me with info that they cannot repair it and I need a clone. I mean WHAT on earth did they charged me for? A spare ECU on ebay is £50 and cloning service is £45, so just under £100 all inclusive. Compare to potentially £150 from ecuexpress.co.uk. Initially I was Ok with this, as I would be able to keep my old ECU. But they did not keep their promise to fix it. As a result I lost 5 days and £60 to needless "express test". Feels like a rip-off.
Their details:
ECU EXPRESS TESTING DEPARTMENT
Units 3-6 Super Stor building
Leek New rd
Stoke
ST6 2AS
Company Owner:
Andrew Fischer
Sent a Ford Focus BCM. Explained in covering letter symptoms due to water damage. They charged me £60 to tell me it was water damaged & they couldn't fix it.
ecuexpress.co.uk is rated 1.71 based on 7 reviews