Grasshopper Adventures Reviews

of reviewers recommend Grasshopper Adventures
Read Grasshopper Adventures Reviews

About Grasshopper Adventures:

The Leader in Asia Bike Tours.

For the last fifteen years, Grasshopper Adventures has brought you the best bike tours in Asia, in cycling destinations across much of the Asian continent. We have the experience, knowledge, and passion to bring you high-quality bicycle tours with plenty of fun cycling, cultural experiences, stunning views, and comfortable accommodation along the way. Our dynamic itineraries and awesome local guides will make your cycling holiday a time to remember.

asia@grasshopperadventures.com

Tell us how Grasshopper Adventures made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Simon and his team were again, exceptional. Every last detail was thought through and when it was needed, changes were made seamlessly to enhance our experience of the adventure.
My wife and I did three Grasshopper tours in 2018-2019. A day trip in Hoi An, Vietnam, a two-day Mekong Delta trip, and a 5 day tour across Southern Thailand. Each trip was well planned and kitted out. The bikes were the best I used in Asia, and the tour guides were all knowledgeable, friendly, and eager to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. Our trips with Grasshopper were some of the best we had during our 2 1/2 years in Asia.
Met Simon on a Cycle South Africa trip (organised for Virgin Charity back in 2014) and have since been on 3 trips with grasshopper 1 was the great wall of china 2015 then cycle Taiwan 2018 and the latest one was cycle Cambodia 2019. all of these adventures have been amazing, well organised, friendly staff/guides (some of whom we still keep in tough with). i have been lucky enough to have had some amazing experiences and have travelled a lot in the last 6 years and your staff and guides have been instrumental in that. thank you Simon hope to see you on another adventure soon
Excellent English speaking guides with good knowledge of culture and history..Very good selection of points of interest along the routes. Will definitely ride with Grasshopper Adventures again.
We booked a private tour with extended km in the area of Kanchanaburi. It was perfectly organized and our all honours to Woody our guide to make this trip unforgettable. Although we have seen a lot of Asia, he surprised us again and again. For me living with food allergies/intollerancies eating in a local restaurant is not easy, but Woody made it happen and I’m so thankful for that.
Bikes were not adequate for the terrain, cable disc brake was very sketchy on the descents. I had to adjust the gears often as they would not engage into the gears properly. Overall, for the price and the bikes that were on offer was not good value vs. the price of the tour. Tour leader was okay, but can be not engaging sometimes. However, the female assistant was great. Could of been more attentive to my partner's dietary requirements.
Hi Justin,
Thank you for your honest review. We are very sorry to hear that your tour experience did not live up to the usual Grasshopper standards. Our team has investigated what went wrong in this instance, and indeed at the time you requested a drop bar bike we had a limited supply and decided to source bikes externally. This is not our usual practice and unfortunately the supplier we used was not as reliable as we had hoped. We will be in touch with you directly to discuss compensation for this error on our part. We have since introduced a new fleet of bikes to ensure that everyone joining this and other tours in northern Vietnam will have access to high quality, well-maintained bikes with hydraulic disc brakes. We are also taking the opportunity to focus our training efforts on tour leaders' engagement and attentiveness to dietary requirements.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we'll have the chance to host you on a future memorable bike adventure in Asia so we can demonstrate the typical excellent value of Grasshopper tours!
We had a fantastic vacation with Grasshopper Adventures. The tour was fantastic! Tour guides were informative, fun, patient and fully engaged.The support team was super helpful and always ready to lend a hand. The bike riding was fun and although riding in the city was scary, it was also exhilarating. The guides watched us closely to ensure our safety and always gave instructions as to what to expect! Lodging and food was terrific! The guides often ate with us and selected local food! If you are a fussy eater, then come prepared to eat rice- otherwise you will be delighted with the local cuisine. Loved this trip so much, I am looking forward to going on another tour in the near future!
An exciting, well-planned adventure with incredible, caring, experienced and friendly staff.
Travelling Vietnam on bike was such an amazing experience. I couldn’t have done it were it not for Grasshopper Adventures. Well worth the price for not having to worry about planning out our routes, booking hotels, and feeling safe in a country across the world (I’m Canadian). I can’t recommend it enough!
Excellent experience with Grasshopper. Well organised, enjoyable and professional as always.
We have risen with grasshopper on 5 adventures and they have been all been fantastic. From the places you stay to food you eat and the bike you ride. We have more to do Uzbekistan we can’t wait. Thanks Grasshopper it always is a great adventure.
Theformdoesnotacceptspaces???SorryIwouldhavewrittenoneotherwise.
Our bike trip in Laos was spectacular. Some of the accommodations need some work, but of course, the choice is very limited. Our guide was the best, always doing whatever it took the to make it a great trip. Highly recommended!
My trip with Grasshopper Adventures was the best trip of my life!
Once again Simon Foster was an amazing guide on this my 4th Grasshopper Adventure!
I have traveled with Grasshopper Adventures not once but twice: first to Sri Lanka, and second to Thailand. And I'm looking forward for more traveling with Grasshopper! I've really, really enjoyed the trips that I took and it's in large part because of Grasshopper. They've been wonderful in making everything very easy for me to concentrate on dreaming of the trip ahead - and taking the headache out of all of the logistics. The locations each day traveled on the cycling routes are so wonderful. The hotels are always tops. The technology and assistance is terrific. I highly recommend Grasshopper to all cycling travelers!
The guide was simply fantastic! A great adventure made better with him.
This trip was the most wonderful of my life. I have traveled over a hundred countries, used different travel agencies or travel organizations. Nothing compares to the professionalism of GrassHopper!
Grasshopper does a great job. They keep you safe, while also providing a wonderful adventure.
Great organization, wonderful guide and staff, quality bikes and good pricing. Wish there were more road bike tours.
Grasshopper Adventures is rated 4.85 based on 71 reviews